Would I get any benefit out of Disney Visa card?

We've had the Disney Visa since 2004, so we have gained thousands of Disney rewards dollars over all the years. We have had the Premier Disney Visa for a few years and make up for the $50 annual fee in 3 months with the 2% on some categories vs. 1%. Currently we are getting 4% for utility, cell bills, insurance. They used to have more promotional rewards increases for certain categories years ago, but I've noticed they have cut way back. This is the first time I've gotten a promo % increase in years.

We go to Disney every 2 years and we usually have $1500-2100 in Disney rewards, which we use to pay for our on-site hotel. We stay at a monorail hotel using the 40% military discount, so our rewards usually pay for most, if not all, of the hotel. We just went for 6 days in May and used our DV for everything we bought at Disney because of the 2% rewards, 10% off some restaurants, and 10% off merchandise purchases of $50 or more.

I like that we have the Disney rewards money accumulating and earmarked for a Disney trip. Honestly, we wouldn't go to WDW as much or stay in monorail resorts without it. In a few years we might find another card to use as DS is 17 and we probably won't go as often any more. DH and I still see ourselves going to Food and Wine or Flower and Garden every few years, but we won't stay as long or spend as much by ourselves, so it might be better to find another card with better rewards.

We got it before our last trip and it was nice to have the $250 sign up bonus plus we got an extra $50 for adding a second user. That being said...I do what others have mentioned and if one of my other cards is offering a higher percentage of rewards in a certain category I will use that card for those expenses and use the disney visa for most other expenses. The 6 months no interest was also nice to spread the cost of the trip over a 6 month period of payments (although since I hate seeing a balance on my cards I still paid it off in only a few). The meet & greets were appealing but by the time we got to epcot we'd already met all the classic characters and didn't see any need to do it for a 3rd time and my son was too scared to meet Kylo Ren in DHS. We also had the dining plan and weren't able to take advantage of the 10% discount on dining. And the 10% discount for park merchandise is only for purchases over $50 and we may have only made a purchase that large once...So, looking back now I kind of wish we had gotten a different card that didn't tie us to only Disney, although it is nice seeing those rewards accrue and knowing we can use that on our next trip. But if I were more disciplined I would just get a higher earning card and set those dollars aside for Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter