Would I get any benefit out of Disney Visa card?

I just got the Disney Visa last month. Is there a way to enroll in the utilities & insurance bonus? I have been looking on the Chase site & cannot figure it out - not sure if it is an invite Chase sent to select card members or if it is an option for anyone.
It was a targeted invite

The Disney Visa card isn't a very good deal at all in my opinion. Lots of better cards out there.

This is a terrible deal. The promotion was to get $200.00 off after charging $500.00 in the first 3 months. I charged my park tickets for $1043.20. I called Chase when the credit did not appear on my first statement as stated. They informed me that I was getting a Disney Gift Card instead! After 4 phone calls, they refused to credit my account. It is now 1 month later and I still have not received the gift card. I am going to cancel this card and not pay the $49.00 feel

This is a terrible deal. The promotion was to get $200.00 off after charging $500.00 in the first 3 months. I charged my park tickets for $1043.20. I called Chase when the credit did not appear on my first statement as stated. They informed me that I was getting a Disney Gift Card instead! After 4 phone calls, they refused to credit my account. It is now 1 month later and I still have not received the gift card. I am going to cancel this card and not pay the $49.00 feel[/QUOT

Ugh, I hope this doesn't happen to me. This is month 2 for me and I'm hoping to see the $200 on my next statement.

When we had the Disney Visa, we would accrue the points and use the $$$$ for upgrades we normally wouldn't get- like an upgraded resort or club level.
But alas, the 1-2-3 rewards card came out and we couldn't resist.

If you get a hefty reward amount for signing up, yes. Otherwise, not really. There are many other credit cards that offer better rewards and longer no APR terms.

It really depends on how often you go. We go at least once a year to both WDW and Disneyland, so we get pretty good use out of it. But its free money, so can't complain!

We like our card! We got 10% off on our merchandise when paying with the card. Also it accures points, which we were able to turn into a Disney gift card. Not using it regular, we were able to turn our points into a $100 gift card to spend anywhere at Disney :) There is also special meet and greets.

I was thinking about getting the premier card for the 200 dollar bonus,when does the 50 dollar annual fee kick in? if I can get in and out before it hits and snag the reward I will do it.

I was thinking about getting the premier card for the 200 dollar bonus,when does the 50 dollar annual fee kick in? if I can get in and out before it hits and snag the reward I will do it.
Mine posted a couple days before the statement had cut, but my $200 credit was in there a couple days after meeting the spend (purchased 2 annual passes).

We use as our exclusive card.

As others have said, there are better ones our there, but I'll list reasons we like it.

1. No hassle reward redemption. This is key. It is absolutely instantly put on reward card when you call or request on line. Not all, but other cards are more of a headache. I had a Kroger card at one point and the rewards were given out quarterly i believe. I like that on the way to disney springs, in the car, I can transfer points.

2. 200 bonus

3. We have the premier and the 2% covers our big categories. And when it doesnt, we make it cover it lol. For example. We needed a new washer and microwave. So, to get the 2%, we bought 1000 lowes card from Kroger. 2% on the purchase and 4x fuel points. Same thing with disney cards at Kroger.

3. That 10% off purchases over 50 can add up. Use it at every sit down meal. Also, we usually buy most souvenirs at world of disney instead of something here or there and get the 10 percent there. It can easily add up and outweigh the better rewards from other cards if used enough.

4. Free,pic download at meet and greet at epcot

5. I won't lie, my husband has the Vader card and he can't go a week with out comments about it lol. Not a reason to get it haha, but it does cause some smiles.

Again. ,it isn't the best card out there, but if you go regularly it has some upside.

The Disney Visa card isn't a very good deal at all in my opinion. Lots of better cards out there.
Agree and I have it and use it regularly as one of my cards
You get better cash back on other cards and can use the cash back for more then just Disney.
People who talk about how they saved up and used the points to pay for ___ are overlooking the fact that they would have had more saved with other cards.

It's only good if you....
Need to have interest free on a trip booked
Would blow the cash back on something else and not save it towards a trip
Want a nice and fast meet and greet
Regularly spend $50 at the Disney store

And here is just a quick but perfect example of people falling into the Disney savings trap...
Gas today at my local delta sonic is $2.29 regular and 2.22 if I use the delta sonic card attached to my checking account.
At 20 gallons the total is $45.80 and $44.40.
At 1% the savings/points earned is .46, 2% is .92 but the savings could have been $1.40
If you can't be disciplined to save in the best way then the card might be good for you but don't keep tripping over dollars to save dimes or in the end you will have lost more than saved

Our Disney Visa was just cancelled by Chase for non use for several years. I agree there are much better offers out there.
We just enrolled in a Delta Amex for 60,000 miles. We redeemed 44,000 miles for a trip to San Diego last week. We paid for 1 flight. That flight we received points for charging the flight, plus miles. We now have 22,000 more miles for another RT flight to the West Coast.

Each flight would have cost $496 RT. We got two of them free (savings of $992), plus by charging $496, we have enough for another flight. In addition, we get a companion pass for a flight in 2018. We also get free checked luggage.

Getting the Delta AMEX saved us $992 in flight costs immediately, another $496 in the near future, and a free flight in 2018. It also saved over $100 in luggage fees this trip. There's no way we could fly to the west coast on the $250 the Disney Visa provides.

We are Disney AP and DVC members, so the Disney CC discount isn't very beneficial since we have it through the passes and membership.

Mine posted a couple days before the statement had cut, but my $200 credit was in there a couple days after meeting the spend (purchased 2 annual passes).
so they are billing the annual fee the first month then.thank you for the answer!

We use our Disney Visa often. It is our "meal & souvenir money" on our Disney World trips.

This is what we use it for. I have the premier because we're a family of six and easily earn back the $49 annual fee. We signed up for the utility bonus, and between our homeowners and auto insurance, we immediately netted an extra $72 in rewards points. We won't be back to WDW until next summer, but we've got close to $1000 in rewards points. In another year, we should have enough to pay for most of our meals. I'll have a few gift cards, too, so we can use the Visa for discounts, charge to the room, and then pay the balance with gift cards (which we bought at a discount from BJ's and Target).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter