Would DLH Hold Our Bags When Not Staying There?

If you read the link I posted, you'll see that the Pluto lot (behind the M&F structure) is now CM only access. No more cutting through that lot to get to/from Ball Rd. That lot has been CM only since January 2017.
You will be leaving M&F to walk to Ball Rd. from the pedestrian entrance/exit which is at the corner of Disneyland Dr. and Magic Way (marked on one of the maps in the above linked thread).

So, if I'm looking at everything correctly... is this the point of entry we'll need to take in order to get into the tram loading area? I did a little mock-up map path of my own... but I don't quite see where going through security would be as it seems you have to cross the tram's path to get in. Take a look:

I also took a look at Google Street View for this... there seems to be construction going on there on the site of the old lot (another structure, right?). With all that going on... can you still get in through this way? From the Street View, it seemed like a lot of construction scaffolding and such. But I did see some park guests walking the path... so maybe it's just hard to notice??

So, if I'm looking at everything correctly... is this the point of entry we'll need to take in order to get into the tram loading area? I did a little mock-up map path of my own... but I don't quite see where going through security would be as it seems you have to cross the tram's path to get in. Take a look:

View attachment 408420

I also took a look at Google Street View for this... there seems to be construction going on there on the site of the old lot (another structure, right?). With all that going on... can you still get in through this way? From the Street View, it seemed like a lot of construction scaffolding and such. But I did see some park guests walking the path... so maybe it's just hard to notice??
The pedestrian entrance for M&F is right at the corner of Disneyland Dr. and Magic Way -- just above the "g" in Magic Way in your photo above. You enter that path and follow it across the tram route (CMs guide you across for safety) and go toward the structure. If there is an outside line, you will enter the switchbacks or if there is no outside line, you will go straight into the line for the ground floor of the structure where bag check is located. This path is open -- we walk through it almost every week.
The current construction next to M&F which you see in the photos will be the Pixar Pals parking structure, which should be open by the time of your visit.

Last edited:
The pedestrian entrance for M&F is right at the corner of Disneyland Dr. and Magic Way -- just above the "g" in Magic Way in your photo above. You enter that path and follow it across the tram route (CMs guide you across for safety) and go toward the structure. If there is an outside line, you will enter the switchbacks or if there is no outside line, you will go straight into the line for the ground floor of the structure where bag check is located. This path is open -- we walk through it almost every week.
The current construction next to M&F which you see in the photos will be the Pixar Pals parking structure, which should be open by the time of your visit.

Alright. Thanks for your help... I think I've got it down pat now!

Last edited by a moderator:

It's one of those things that will make total sense once you do it. After you see it the first time, all of this will completely make sense!

On Google Maps, I'm getting a walking time ETA of around 11 minutes (from our hotel to the entrance of the tram walkway off Magic Way). Does this seem about right to you? From an overhead glance, it looks like a walk that would take more like 20-some odd minutes or so... but maybe I am just extrapolating it took seem a longer distance than it actually is. I think it is the bend of Disneyland Drive that maybe is making me thing it looks longer... idk... thoughts?

I don't know exactly where your hotel is, but when we used to walk from what is now the Majestic Garden (at the corner of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr.), it took us about 10 minutes, depending on the signal at Ball.

I don't know exactly where your hotel is, but when we used to walk from what is now the Majestic Garden (at the corner of Ball Rd. and Disneyland Dr.), it took us about 10 minutes, depending on the signal at Ball.

The hotel is almost exactly where you used to enter through the CM entrance behind Mickey & Friends at 1211 West Pl.

Also... do you know what time in the morning the trams begin their daily service and what time they conclude service at night?

Last edited:
I’ve dropped my bags off many times at GCH and DLH and bell services never asks who I am, room number or asks for a room key. You may be able to use bell services but it’s kinda not cool to do it since it’s an amenity that’s supposed to be for guests only.

So, if I'm looking at everything correctly... is this the point of entry we'll need to take in order to get into the tram loading area?..
Just a heads up: we walked back to M&F from DTD tonight, and the pedestrian entrance has moved a bit west of the previous location. It is now just a bit further past the corner, on the same side of Magic Way. It is well marked and has a sign. There is still a CM to guide you across the tram route. You now enter the parking complex by Pixar Pals and walk north toward M&F. The bag check area will be clearly marked on your left side.

Just a heads up: we walked back to M&F from DTD tonight, and the pedestrian entrance has moved a bit west of the previous location. It is now just a bit further past the corner, on the same side of Magic Way. It is well marked and has a sign. There is still a CM to guide you across the tram route. You now enter the parking complex by Pixar Pals and walk north toward M&F. The bag check area will be clearly marked on your left side.

Thanks for the heads up! So this is on the road that is heading towards the Disneyland Hotel's main entrance drag, correct? They just moved the entry point to be more centrally located on Magic Way? Do you go through Pixar Pals or do you still end up travelling around it? Also, is bag check outside in the tram loading plaza or is it inside one of the parking structures?? So much has changed now!

Thanks for the heads up! So this is on the road that is heading towards the Disneyland Hotel's main entrance drag, correct? They just moved the entry point to be more centrally located on Magic Way? Do you go through Pixar Pals or do you still end up travelling around it? Also, is bag check outside in the tram loading plaza or is it inside one of the parking structures?? So much has changed now!
The pedestrian entrance for Pixar Pals and M&F is the same entrance now -- and it is still on the same sidewalk on Magic Way, just a few feet (maybe 30'?) west of the old entrance. If you were standing at the exact spot of the old entrance (which is being landscaped over), you would walk for 5 seconds more and get to the new entrance. You will enter by Pixar Pals, cross the tram route with CM guidance, then enter the plaza with the option to: make a sharp right to take the escalators to the upper levels of Pixar Pals, turn left into the bag check area to board the trams (lots of stations, short lines), or go straight for the escalators and elevators for M&F. It is very, very easy once you get there -- you'll see all of this right in front of you.

... So much has changed now!
This week's update: the plaza in front of/between the two parking structures is being landscaped. Now when you enter from Magic Way, you'll cross the tram route and enter the plaza. Same set up as described above, but instead of an empty plaza with construction fencing, by the time of your trip dates, you'll see a landscaped plaza -- lots of lovely trees! -- with Pixar Pals (and its bag check and the tram loading area) on your left and M&F straight ahead of you.

This week's update: the plaza in front of/between the two parking structures is being landscaped. Now when you enter from Magic Way, you'll cross the tram route and enter the plaza. Same set up as described above, but instead of an empty plaza with construction fencing, by the time of your trip dates, you'll see a landscaped plaza -- lots of lovely trees! -- with Pixar Pals (and its bag check and the tram loading area) on your left and M&F straight ahead of you.

Sounds good! Thanks for the updates!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!