Worst parking??

Mickeynutty

DIS Veteran
I suppose the parking situation is worst at the Treehouses, but it is BAD at HH. I love the resort, but the parking spaces at the resort are too small and there are too few of them. And parking at the beach house!!! We had to just drive around and around to get a spot. I know the shuttle would alleviate that problem, but we take so much stuff to the beach, we prefer to drive.

Anyone else share my frustration?

I suppose the parking situation is worst at the Treehouses, but it is BAD at HH. I love the resort, but the parking spaces at the resort are too small and there are too few of them. And parking at the beach house!!! We had to just drive around and around to get a spot. I know the shuttle would alleviate that problem, but we take so much stuff to the beach, we prefer to drive.

Worst parking? BWV. Next in line VWL and AKV-JH.

Even though I love the resort, I have to agree about the BWV parking.
Stephen

actually, parking for BWI/BWV resort guests has greatly improved. the first entrance to the main lot now always has the poles up to block access, and the guards at the shack do not allow anyone to turn toward that lot (and they watch the cars that say they are using valet parking to ensure they do not make the right toward the lot).
during busy times (e.g., the F&WF) there is a second guard at the resort lot entrance who carefully checks every car's resort ID (the window placard alone is not sufficient), and often drivers license to make sure they match.
we had our choice of many close parking spaces throughout our april/may (F&GF) and sept/oct (F&WF) BWV vacations within the past couple of years.
finally they listened :banana:

I've been away from BWV long enough now that the pain of parking there has mostly worn off. But VWL is fresh - just back from a 2-night stay and I'll gladly nominate it for worst. I'll never go back because of it! :sad2:

the one time that I visited Hilton Head - it was offseason - way offseason - Dec - so the parking was fine. but yea the lot even then seem kind of small. had to call to even get the shuttle - so don't know how much better it would be.

how about riding bikes? or say you bring everyone and their stuff think you can let out anywhere - then you go back to HH and ride the shuttle - would that help.

Why do you say the parking at vwl is so bad? You don't like the walk or is it filling up so there are no spaces? A major complaint is that no one likes looking out of their room at a parking lot, it kills the ambiance. WL has nicely set the parking lot up so you really don't see much of it from any rooms. The trade off is that it's a bit of a walk but if you don't like walking you picked the wrong vacation spot. The few times I have had a car there I have not had any problems other than having to walk a bit. I am curious, please let us know...

Why do you say the parking at vwl is so bad? You don't like the walk or is it filling up so there are no spaces? A major complaint is that no one likes looking out of their room at a parking lot, it kills the ambiance. WL has nicely set the parking lot up so you really don't see much of it from any rooms. The trade off is that it's a bit of a walk but if you don't like walking you picked the wrong vacation spot. The few times I have had a car there I have not had any problems other than having to walk a bit. I am curious, please let us know...

VWL is near the bus lot - so it is further from the parking lot than most of WL. It can be a bit of walk - even from the handicapped section. the parking lot was designed for WL - not VWL.

Yep, agree about the distance. Maybe I am unique but when people ask me my favorite thing about Disney ( other than time with the family) my answer is being out waking around for a week instead of being cooped up in a car or office. Our home resort is vwl and we never really thought twice about the distance (unless it was raining maybe). In fact usually we will take the longer way through the lodge to vwl to get the full effect. I'd imagine best parking resorts might be okw or ssr with blt being next.

I agree that parking at Disney's beach house at HH is bad. We did what some PP suggested, DS dropped us off with stuff. The shuttle only runs limited hours, I think until 5, and every 1/2 hour. I don't think it was very convenient.

Why do you say the parking at vwl is so bad?
For me, a single parent with a smallish child, multiple trips back and forth with suitcases and groceries is a fact of life... I don't enjoy doing that in the sweltering heat of summer over a long, long distance. I wound up using Bell Svcs, but then there's tip money I don't want to spend, y'know? It's all good; I'll just stay at other, more car-friendly DVC resorts!

And for the Best? OKW, SSR, AKV-KV, BCV and VB.
:thumbsup2 (Bolding is mine.) I was SO pleasantly surprised by the ease of parking at BCV! And SSR and AKV-KV have long been favorites.

Maybe we were lucky but Presidents week we stayed at THV and never had a problem parking right in front of our villa and my parents would drive over on occasion and park in the pool parking (they would come for short periods of time or else they walked over). There seemed to be a lot of spaces available. I was told on check in 1 car per site - I hope we do not have a problem in Dec!

Parking at VWL can be bad due to the distance, fills up with those going to dinner and once the holiday decorations go up, it gets really bad.

Yikes! We are headed to the BWV and were just wondering about parking and unloading the car. Do they have luggage carts or something similar?

TIA!!

I vote for VWL, because it is an endless walk to the car. I understand not wanting to look at the car ( then why can I see the dumpster?) , but the distance is an issue. We almost always have a car and have been using the busses less and less. You better not get to the car and find out you forgot something in the room.

mac_tlc

Yikes! We are headed to the BWV and were just wondering about parking and unloading the car. Do they have luggage carts or something similar?

TIA!!

They have Bell Services to help you with your stuff and you'll owe them a tip for the service. They have all the luggage carts. There are none for guests to use.

We just got back from HH and agree the parking is horrible. We almost never got a spot anywhere near our villa. DH complained almost everyday about the cars without parking permits and the cast members just shrugged. In our section, there were 6 villas and 8 parking spots and I would say most villas had 2 or 3 cars. We think they should allow 1 car in front of your villa and the rest should park in the overflow near the front of the resort. Our solution to the beach house was get there early 8:30 or 9 every morning and we could get any parking spot we wanted. Gates to the parking at the Beach house would help since many of the cars parked there were not disney cars.

Latest posts

facebook twitter