Worst class ever?...

Lambchop452

Earning My Ears
I am in 8th grade and this semester I have to take health, all my friends are always griping about it and I just wanted to know what I have it in for??? So if anybod's taken it please fill me on.

:duck:

Our school has us take health as sophomores..so I just finished it. It's mostly just like the D.A.R.E. program for gradeschool. It's really not that bad...but the videos they make you watch are horrible! (the smoking one was the worst...I don't see how anyone could ever smoke after watching it). If you have any more questions about it, just ask. :)

we have "Teen Living" in my school. One grading period a year for two years. Its basically sex ed.

In my school, everyone has to take health [it's from grades 4-8]. it's gross.

our school system requires everyone to take one semester of health every single year.
it sucks, because by senior year, we are doing the same things over and over and over.
soph/senior years in HS is sex ed, and frosh/junior is the body and stuff like that. it's really annoying, but at least we get out of gym for that semester! :)

I've taken health twice. It was required in both Middle School, and HS. Personally I enjoyed it.

It's no big deal...you suffer through it...it's mostly just boring...and if you pay attn, you might learn a thing or two...

Princess Ash said:
It's no big deal...you suffer through it...it's mostly just boring...and if you pay attn, you might learn a thing or two...
You really should pay attention in that class.

i took health from 6th to 8th for one semester each year. we basically watched the movie that tells you about your body and its changes, and like about drugs and accidents but for most of my health classes we did nothing. sometimes we would just watch random movies or tv or something.

My worst class has to be french or designing. i hate both.

Thanks everybody. Actually I just got a letter saying like how are first six weeks we basically have sex ed. My mom has to go to this stupid meeting and sign these dumb papers approving it... Thanks a bunch I can already tell how boring it's going to be but we have to just grit our teeth and do it... LOL :flower3:

i LOVE health.
mostly because i had an awesome teacher who made everything really fun and joked around alot.
there used to be health for freshmen and juniors in my school, and this year they took away junior health. they kept gym and took away health. i was really mad.

and plus i think the issues they talk about are really important. even more for juniors than freshmen. and defnitely more important than gym class.

At my school we have block classes.. 4 classes a day - 1 1/2 long and we have A/B days.. so we learn the same things as the other high schools but we learn it faster.. The classes you have everyday you are finished in the middle of the year and then you get new every day classes:

here is my classes for A day
1a:Algebra
2a: Bio
3a: Fashion ( a lunch )
4a: Gym

B days

1b: Study Hall
2b: Bio
3b: Fashion
4b; Spanish For Native Speakers

lol sorry i kinda went off topic... but the class i hate is Spanish for Natice Speakers... Its boring

For me, it always turns out that it's better than it sounds.

I had to take health as a junior. It's boring, but I got through it..For the most part it was worksheets and videos. The one thing I enjoyed about it though was the project I did on phobias, I learned a lot about them.. (The only thing is that our health class came a little to late for most of the people at my school)

This year (senior year) I had to take Drug Ed. It was pretty cool (as long as you have a friend you know you can partner up with..). We had to work with the CPR dummies and well, I'm now certified in CPR/AED and first aid..

I took health for a Quarter last year and it was really boring. It was mainly drugs sex and alcohol ...and how you should never do it and if you do you will die! It isn't that bad just a little boring...but you also learn about some useful things about dating and abuse that you might not know. The nutrition part was probly the most boring part about the class!
Taylor*

Health is soooooooo boring! But it's a requiered class and we have to take it.
But we gotta get through it. Good Luck! :bored: :shamrock: :faint:

really, its not that bad. and honestly (this may sound weird) but pay attention during sex ed. suck it up and don't giggle, blush or whisper when the teacher says the correct term for the genitalia. you might have it again in highschool, so its kind of good to pay attention then, so you dont have to freak out about it later. ;)

Middle school (6-8) health was about diseases, disabilities and other random things. Had to take it for one marking period every year (make sense?).
High school was one marking period per semester of gym {gym is always 1 semester a year, 4 marking periods- one health and three phys ed.}. 9th grade- the body and relations to sex ed, drugs, alcohol and such. 10th grade was Driver's ed to get permit. 11th grade was sex ed and we had the crying baby's for a weekend (or you had to do a packet). 12th grade was CPR/First Aid.

I'll say this for my school though- when we had sex ed. in 11th grade, we covered everything. Not just Pro-Life or Pro-Choice. We had speakers from both sides come in and speak. We never were forced on personal opinions. They gave all the information from every aspect of everything we covered in every class.

I personally loved having the dumb baby at home for the weekend because my boyfriend and I were in the same gym class through high school, I took the baby and he did a packet. But he still had to take care of it when we went out to dinner and I went to the bathroom :rotfl2: Luckily I have small enough wrists that the smallest the wristband with the key would go would still fall off my wrist. My teacher laughed so hard when I showed her that. (we would get a grade off if the wristband was cut before the next class)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter