Worried About my Son Getting Lost

We used the tags that went on their shoes. It had their 1st name and our cell phone number.

Another thing you could do, have a picture of you screen printed on the back of your child's shirt with your phone number in sharpie on the tag area of the shirt.

All great suggestions. Another thing to consider would be bright clothing. Having chaperoned campers at various amusement parks I can tell you orange, yellow, bright green t-shirts all help you keep an eye on kids and were they are. Or bright colored hats. I can only find my DW in the Disney crowds at times because of her pink/green hat. Have a great time, it will all be fine.

All great suggestions. Another thing to consider would be bright clothing. Having chaperoned campers at various amusement parks I can tell you orange, yellow, bright green t-shirts all help you keep an eye on kids and were they are. Or bright colored hats. I can only find my DW in the Disney crowds at times because of her pink/green hat. Have a great time, it will all be fine.

Agree. My son wears a neon yellow cap because he likes to walk 25 feet ahead of us (he's 13 but autistic). It is very easy to keep track of him.

At two and a half years old he should not be in any position to become lost. Not having a personal go at you, but, parents who lose kids, especially when it ends in a tragedy such as drowning say they only took their eyes of their child for a few seconds, if this is a fear then be responsible and buy a set of reins (or whatever they are known as in the US) Keeping your child safe is not dehumanising or cruel and don't trust believing that someone else must be watching them. No excuses, your child needs you to be watching them and not your phone. This is especially true if your child has a condition such as the one you are describing. You shouldn't even need to be asking advice, how do you manage anywhere you go?

At two and a half years old he should not be in any position to become lost. Not having a personal go at you, but, parents who lose kids, especially when it ends in a tragedy such as drowning say they only took their eyes of their child for a few seconds, if this is a fear then be responsible and buy a set of reins (or whatever they are known as in the US) Keeping your child safe is not dehumanising or cruel and don't trust believing that someone else must be watching them. No excuses, your child needs you to be watching them and not your phone. This is especially true if your child has a condition such as the one you are describing. You shouldn't even need to be asking advice, how do you manage anywhere you go?
What an insensitive and narrow minded answer. All parents worry about their children getting lost wether they have special needs or not. Disney presents unique challenges do to the sheer size and scope of the parts. The OP wasn’t saying “hey I am not planning on watching my kid I’m going to be watching my phone” they simply expressed concerns they had and were soliciting feedback on what the best course of preventative action would be to take just in the event that something did happen. Your response did not offer any positive information or advice it just gave you the opportunity to take a swipe at the OP which is totally unnecessary. I assume that in your life you have never had a family member who is differently abled, not everyone is like that.

i work in a small park and even watching a 2 year old not on phone can have child disappear it happens in crowded places. and yes child is found very shortly. had this happen in the park mother and child were walking in park she dropped his hand to get a tissue out of her pocket to wipe his nose. just that quick he blended into crowd and disappeared. took mom 15 minutes to let CMs know he was missing. security had found him in about 5 minutes and had taken him to office so he wasn't even in the area where lost. mother didn't even want to wait and talk with security just wanted to keep on looking. there was no phone with mom as dad who was un restroom when happened had the phone with him

When my son was small he was a wandrer. So we got him the monkey backpack with the leash tail. He loved it and it gave me peace of mind. I don't care what others think.

i work in a small park and even watching a 2 year old not on phone can have child disappear it happens in crowded places. and yes child is found very shortly. had this happen in the park mother and child were walking in park she dropped his hand to get a tissue out of her pocket to wipe his nose. just that quick he blended into crowd and disappeared. took mom 15 minutes to let CMs know he was missing. security had found him in about 5 minutes and had taken him to office so he wasn't even in the area where lost. mother didn't even want to wait and talk with security just wanted to keep on looking. there was no phone with mom as dad who was un restroom when happened had the phone with him

Which proves my point on having your child on reins or on those 'leashes' where adult and child are attached by their wrist.

Which proves my point on having your child on reins or on those 'leashes' where adult and child are attached by their wrist.
seen a child pulled over when parent reached for something not remembering leash attached to wrist. child hit back of head on blacktop walkway falling backwards. working at a park you see a lot of things happen you would not think could happen

seen a child pulled over when parent reached for something not remembering leash attached to wrist. child hit back of head on blacktop walkway falling backwards. working at a park you see a lot of things happen you would not think could happen
I mean thats just a unaware parent not the fault of the product

I mean thats just a unaware parent not the fault of the product
the mother was like I was using to keep him safe and forgot about it being on her wrist when she reached in pocket pulling child backwards to the ground. no different than seeing highchairs turned over to put infant seat in trip over when parent reaches to do something for child with the worst that I have seen hitting baby's face into edge pf table

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter