• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

?? World Pass/Fun In the Sun Pass

catnik

DIS Veteran
Wondering who has used these passes and the pros/cons of each.....trying to evaluate all options for passes (hoping for AP rates, have AAA rate on room at this time). Feedback is much appreciated!

As stated on Mary Waring's Mousesavers.com

30-Day Fun in the Sun Pass
30-Day Fun in the Sun Pass
The Fun in the Sun pass, which is not available at the park gates, is good for unlimited admission for 30 consecutive days to the following:

the four major Walt Disney World theme parks
the Disney water parks
Pleasure Island
DisneyQuest
Disney's Wide World of Sports complex (sporting events requiring a separate admission charge are not included)
Kennedy Space Center Visitor Center
Salvador Dali Museum
Edison-Ford Winter Estates
Miami Seaquarium
Everglades Safari Park
The pass also includes one Character Breakfast voucher redeemable at selected Walt Disney World restaurants. It is a multi-day pass, so it includes access to the Disney transportation system.

The 30-Day Fun in the Sun pass is promoted by Disney only in certain countries, including Germany, The Netherlands and Australia. You can purchase the Fun in the Sun pass at major travel agencies in those countries. I'm told it is not intended for sale in North America, but there are outlets selling it to US and Canadian residents

I wouldn't think that you could get an AP rate with this.
I read the whole site on this, and it never suggested room discounts, or other perks relating to APs or PAPs.
Anyone else?:confused:

BambiTamby:
Thanks for the reply....if I can get an AP rate for the room , I plan on getting just one annual pass and am looking for alternatives for the other 4 passes. We will be at WDW for 9 days; kids want to do Disney Quest at least once (but will probably end up down there at least twice!) as well as BB. UPH are more $$$ than either the World pass or Fun in the Sun pass and we do not plan another visit for at least 2 years so PAP would not be worth the money. Any other thoughts?
Thanks...........

Hi catnik,

I just purchased these tickets and just thought of something. Has anyone tried to use these to get E-night tickets? It's not listed as one of the ticket options and I am starting to worry. :confused: It is a good deal though.

Aloha! :earsgirl:

Originally posted by Dory41
Hi catnik,

I just purchased these tickets and just thought of something. Has anyone tried to use these to get E-night tickets? It's not listed as one of the ticket options and I am starting to worry. :confused: It is a good deal though.

As long you are stay onsite you can buy e night tickets.

We just used 30 day fun in the sun passes last month. We did not have one problem with them and enjoyed all the options. If you need an AP discount or will be visiting again within a year go with the AP. The FITS pass is a great money saver for those that only visit once a year for an extended visit.

Thanks for the reply Muffy, I am now a much happier camper! :teeth: My Dh did buy an AP just in case discount rates do come out but I got the FITS passes because they seemed to be the best deal for our ten day stay.

>Originally posted by Dory41
>
>I just purchased these tickets and just thought of something. >Has anyone tried to use these to get E-night tickets? It's not >listed as one of the ticket options and I am starting to >worry. :confused: It is a good deal though.

Hi,

I'm living in the Netherlands and I used the Fun in the Sun pass last year and will use it this may again.
During my last visit there was one E-night scheduled.
I went to guest relations at the Coronado Springs resort where I was staying and asked for an E-night ticket. I showed them my FITS pass and I paid for the E-night ticket and let them charge it to my room. After that they told me that the E-night ticket was on my room card. I asked for a paper ticket, because I'v read somewhere that you need an actual ticket to get a wirstband.
The cm at Coronado Springs told me not to worry about it, the E-night ticket was on my room card and it should be OK. On further request the cm give me a computer form with the ticket number as a confirmation that I paid for the ticket.
At the magic kingdom I was standing in line in front of city hall to get my wirstband. The cm couldn't give me one because I didn't have a paper ticket. He couldn't handle the computer output I got from Coronado Springs and he send me inside city hall.
At city hall they looked the ticket up in the computer and finally I got my wirst band.
The funniest thing about this E-Night ticket came when I saw my room bill that hang on the door on my last day. The E-ticket was charged to my room bill, but also they credited the same amount. The result was that I didn't pay anything for that E-night ticket.
Planned to do the express check out, so I never get back to the front desk to ask about it.

And after all. The E-night itself was the nicest evening of my trip and the best day I ever had in the Magic Kingdom. So funny to go on all that great rides without waiting for it. The best thing about it, it was the only evening I was able to experience Bug Thunder Mountain and Splash Mountain in the dark.

On to your question. If there is an E-night, just ask for a ticket and show your FITS pass. Now hoping for the E-nights to come.

Marcel.

If anyone from Ticket Mania reads this.....sorry guys! I was just trying to point somone in the right direction.

Originally posted by Dory41
If anyone from Ticket Mania reads this.....sorry guys! I was just trying to point somone in the right direction.

You can edit your own posts. Just click on the edit button at the bottom of your post and you can take out the link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter