World of Color Status Watch?

For some reason these posters have disappeared...:rolleyes1

You can't tell me, with the significant resource of Disney and funding behind them, That if it was a REAL priority to Disney, that it wouldn't be up and running by now. Reality is, they're putting all resources possible into this Star Wars Land (As somebody who doesn't care for Star Wars, don't even get me started on this!) and everything else is taking a back seat

Disney have made a decision here, to make WoC Refurb low priority, with the added benefit to them, of being ready close to SWGE opening, in order to draw some crowds away from DLR and create some hype around DCA (Like when MSEP came back, Old Show which has been on hiatus, everybody swarmed for sentimental value)

WoC being down is disappointing, IMO it was better than most other night time shows within DLR/DCA, however the salt into the wound is having F! down at the same time - shows absolute disdain towards those visitors who have booked trips over the Feb/March/April period. There is absolutely no excuse for this!

Mmmm I’ve got two trips coming up - one in early February and the next in April

Heading over from Australia, so not exactly a short trip (although February’s visit wasn’t motivated by visiting Disney, have just added it on because I had a few days spare)

If a fellow tourist was heading over, for a once in a lifetime (or once in a longtime) trip to have WoC down, F! Down and the castle under wraps, it would be extremely disappointing and that’s the reality for many visitors in February

You can’t tell me that with all the resources Disney has at their disposal, and the fact that they built the attraction originally, that even if it was a part that didn’t exist which needed replacing, that it would take any more than a week or two to manufacture, if given priority of course.

To put this into perspective - the last time WoC was shown, it was the original Tower or Terror, in that time the whole attraction has been completely made over and “reimagined” - same with Pixar Pier

This is a few water pumps and some lights.... if Disney wanted it up and running quicker than this, it would’ve happened

So the part took 5 months to build. Then what the hell were they doing for 5 months that only NOW they discover more damage? I would think all damage would be assessed in the beginning to not waste time ordering special parts later. The timing doesn’t add up here! I mean okay so they got the part in when? Before December I would assume as plan was to have season of light up and running. If that is the case it is now over 2 months for the so called smaller damage discovered to be fixed. And you are claiming April or May to be up and running. That’s another 5 months from when they discovered the “not as bad” damage!! Just doesn’t add up. Disney is just being ridiculous and slow about WOC and nobody wants to admit that. It’s embarrassing really in this day and age for a project fix to take this much time. This show should be up now or Fantasmic needs to remain running until it does get back on just for crowd dispersment purposes.

I don’t buy that - not at all. Even if it was a highly advanced controller module (which, they’re not) it wouldn’t take 5 months to replace, Disney may well have put a due date on the part 5 months in the future, but if the company wanted it out in weeks, given the resources the company has, even if the part had to come from China (highly likely) it would have been there in that time frame

There is more to it than part availability & timeframes, it’s either on the back burner (strategically or resource management) or licensing/permit related

Thank You!!! Somebody else willing to call Disney out on their B.S

For some reason these posters have disappeared...:rolleyes1

Well I am still here lol and i had a feeling by Presidents Day week would be the magic date. I am sooo excited!! I booked a desset package already and did anybody notice the price went DOWN? i got

Subtotal $123.96
Tax $11.34
Gratuity $22.32

Total $157.62

For 2 people.

Wasnt it $79 per person before?

I wonder why it is cheaper now???

Well I am still here lol and i had a feeling by Presidents Day week would be the magic date. I am sooo excited!! I booked a desset package already and did anybody notice the price went DOWN? i got

Subtotal $123.96
Tax $11.34
Gratuity $22.32

Total $157.62

For 2 people.

Wasnt it $79 per person before?

I wonder why it is cheaper now???
It was $79 per person. Interesting.

Interesting. I booked ours for Sunday at the 9:15 show and it’s $394.05 for five of us. So $78.81...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts