World of Color Status Watch?

bump

I too would like to know if there is any rumors or updates to WOC. another month now gone and they probably tightened 2 screws LOL

Last edited:
Bumpy bump here too - if somehow it comes back on schedule during March, I want to do dessert package asap. After such a long absence those first few weeks will probably be crazy!

The latest "reliable" rumor that I've heard is that they are aiming for Memorial Day Weekend, but hoping that mid-April might be possible.

What happened to President's Day weekend? lol I am seriously stunned that a billion dollar company can take this long to fix. I just think they are not working on it at all as it is for some reason not a priority. No pressure for them. I mean if Iger came in and said I want WOC ready by President's Day, IT WOULD BE DONE!!

What happened to President's Day weekend? lol I am seriously stunned that a billion dollar company can take this long to fix. I just think they are not working on it at all as it is for some reason not a priority. No pressure for them. I mean if Iger came in and said I want WOC ready by President's Day, IT WOULD BE DONE!!
I guess you don't remember Murphy.

They are working on it, you can witness it daily. I think you not be realizing the gravity of the problem.

I guess you don't remember Murphy.

They are working on it, you can witness it daily. I think you not be realizing the gravity of the problem.

Yah i see a few people there on the far left section every now and then. But i mean if they REALLY wanted it done there would be workers there at all times trying to fix whatever it is. I honestly cant imagine what would take this long as the main replacement control panel came in awhile ago so whatever they are doing now must be something to do with the pipes. In any case it shouldnt take months if they actually worked on it at least 12 hours a day. which they are NOT. they are hardly there. So like I said they don't care about it enough even though it has now been delayed 3 times. My complaint is they took Fantasmic! down when WOC was still down. So there is this window now where there is no nighttime entertainment besides Disneyland mix magic (which is rubbish compared to Fantasmic! or WOC) And that is an extremely poor management thing to do not just for people going now but also for CM who have to deal with crowds all in one place with NO disbursement!!

There's an old saying that goes something like 9 women pregnant for a month doesn't make a baby. In a few years I'm sure we will get some 'behind the scenes' look at what actually happened with WoC and we can figure out what theories were right.

Maybe it's already been said, but what exactly happened? I mean, I know there was some sort of catastrophic issue, but everything is so vague as to what really happened.

Honestly, I've never seen WoC live (unless you count the view from PPH), but my kids watch videos of it on youtube all the time and really want to see it at some point. Sometimes I wonder if it's ever going to come back.

I was there in April of 2018 with my dad and it was down. We are going again this March and it's still going to be down! So bummed about this. Hoping to see it return soon!

It only took 15 months to build it from scratch....
Was there a major issue? Yes, Did things go according to plan? No. Has Disney used its all the available resources to rectify the issues? Also no.
Building something from scratch is often easier than having to dismantle and resection something that exists. And not just rebuilding it the way it was, but also ensuring the problems that caused the problem do not recur.

We all remember Murphy, and we all remember BTMRR rebuild.

They really wanted it up over Christmas to draw out crowds from DL, and it just couldn't happen.

Maybe it's already been said, but what exactly happened? I mean, I know there was some sort of catastrophic issue, but everything is so vague as to what really happened.
Simple story, after being within days of reopening, and testing several shows, over a weekend, a gate barrier opened allowing water to breech the control center and damage/destroy the computer/circuits and electrical system.

Honestly, I've never seen WoC live (unless you count the view from PPH), but my kids watch videos of it on youtube all the time and really want to see it at some point. Sometimes I wonder if it's ever going to come back.
Latest is "probably Memorial day", "possibly mid April." They were close in Dec, even setting a media preview, just to have something else pop up.[/quote][/QUOTE]

Latest is "probably Memorial day", "possibly mid April." They were close in Dec, even setting a media preview, just to have something else pop up.

We will be there the 14th-21st of April. If it actually opened in the middle of our trip I would feel so lucky. Get to see WoC at the end of our trip, and get to enjoy the after dark time for Incredicoaster and Pixar Pier the first half.

It only took 15 months to build it from scratch....
Was there a major issue? Yes, Did things go according to plan? No. Has Disney used its all the available resources to rectify the issues? Also no.

I really don't think we have any way to know that they are or are not using all available resources. They may not be able to do whatever work or testing they need to do during the day while park guests are there for safety reasons and/or it may be happening in unseen control rooms or other facilities.

The lagoon/bay was also drained for the original installation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!