World Cup!

For someone from the UK you seem to be pretty against the England team :confused3

Come on England! :goodvibes
:thumbsup2

Well said claire cmon england.
Rooney will be fine in as months time dont you worry about that.
1.gif

I found this TV schedule for the World Cup games... :goodvibes

Lol yep ABE for me, Anyone But England ;)

always quite fancy Spain for these tournaments as lived there for a year, quite like Argentina too :)

I DO love the world cup tho, can't wait for it to start :)

:goodvibes

Just seen this on the Disney Parks blog which might help all those who want to watch games while they are out there:

Then, next month, Walt Disney World Resort becomes one of only a few official World Cup viewing locations. Fans can catch live World Cup action on ESPN at ESPN Wide World of Sports Grill from the opening game June 11 as well as attend special viewing parties from the Round of 16 matches until the title match (June 26-July 10). The parties feature guaranteed seating and an all-you-care-to-eat buffet that includes Buffalo wings, hot dogs, fruit, salads, a nacho bar, desserts and non-alcoholic drinks – all for $19.99 per person, per game (plus tax). There will also be a special viewing area for the championship match July 11.

Reservations can be made starting May 27 by calling (407) WDW-DINE or going to espnwwos.com.

We fly out on the day the World Cup starts, so will be in Orlando for England vs USA (already have our new England shirts.) Hopefully we will be watching at the Orlando Ale House in Lake Buena Vista. It's on the junction of SR535, Palm Parkway and Vineland Road.

It's great sports bar, loads of screens, it's bound to be on one of them.

Try the Chicken Wings :)

Thanks for that custard tart :)

Helen, yeah I'm going to buy a Union Jack top this weekend to wear for the England game in Universal (23rd)! I'll phone ahead at the parks along with Citywalk to see what our options are :)

Thanks for that custard tart :)

Helen, yeah I'm going to buy a Union Jack top this weekend to wear for the England game in Universal (23rd)! I'll phone ahead at the parks along with Citywalk to see what our options are :)

I'll say Hi if we happen to see you :)

Oh dear oh dear ;)

seriously tho, you will absolutely swelter in a football shirt!!

I presume you won't be wearing one luke :rotfl:

It's the short sleeved aerated top, it won't be too bad :goodvibes:

:lmao: I've got myself an Argentina T Shirt for the world cup :)

even the short sleeved ones can get quite sweaty, make sure you drink even more fluids etc than normal :)

Yup should've seen that coming :rotfl:

Ok I'll bear that in mind :) I'll take a strappy top in our rucksack with us.

Good plan :)

glad you see it as a bit of banter tho, I have nothing against England fans even tho I'm not one myself :)

ESPN/ABC have the TV rights in the US for the first time, so it'll be easy to find on one of the channels in your accommodation. Whilst it's also the NBA and NHL finals at the same time, as well as baseball season, you won't have any trouble finding somewhere to watch the matches. Anywhere with multiple screens will always be happy to tune one of their channels to anything you want to watch - you just need to ask - but that's unlikely to be necessary for the World Cup. From what you say, you're literally going to want to walk out of Universal Studios and then return to the park afterwards, in which case my choice would be the Nascar Sports Grille - we really like it since the re-vamp.

This is an interesting article from the Orlando CVB. Obviously it's by no means a definitive list, but it's a start.

Thanks so much for the article Deb, it looks like Finnegan's in US will be showing the game, which is especially handy for us since that's the park we'll be in! Means going to Typhoon Lagoon on an EMH day (since we had to swap days), but oh well I guess!

I think if we were at Typhoon Lagoon there wouldn't be anyway to watch the game.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter