Working from home

My daughter (20) is working from home-she starts at 9:00-she wakes up at 8:58 lol. I don’t think she changed out of pajamas for two weeks-even when we go out for curbside food pick up I don’t even bother putting on shoes since we are not getting out of the car. We certainly have less laundry to do, I will change out of pajamas but just to pull on a pair of sweats. When I actually go out to a food store I will put on jeans. I end up staying up till 3-4am now and sleeping till 11-12.

I wear sandals just in case something goes wrong and I have to get out of the car. Temps are around 100F here and the asphalt would burn the old feet.

When we're expecting someone to come over (home health nurse for DH) he'll throw on his "Sunday-to-meetin jammies."

Last edited:
Switched to working from home on Monday 16th March.

Other than the days I walk to the grocery store its pj's all day every day. I have day pj's and night pj's. My day pj's are mostly yoga pants, tshirts and sometimes a hoodie.

My normal hair / shower routine hasn't changed. I don't wear makeup on a day to day basis, so my skin care routine is still cleanse, tone, moisturizer twice a day. Before Covid 19 I always did my own nails so nothing has changed, I still have my nails done.

It’s hygiene as usual for me. I only have online meetings once or twice a week, so I will put on some mascara and a touch of eyeshadow five minutes before a meeting or people comment and ask me if I’m sick. Lol.

I have a weird skin condition happening right now - if I didn't cover it up for Google Meets all the kids and the teacher would wonder what were the red spots on my face all about? (It's an allergy reaction, just not sure what I'm reacting to this time)

Ugh, and my lash extensions are gone, so mascara is a must. I hate mascara, but I hate the migraines I get from direct light in my eyes even worse.

Are you getting dressed daily? Showering? Doing your hair?
Eating normally?
Yes to all of these for me. In normal times, I WFH two days a week. Currently, I'm WFH full time. When I was younger, I had a job where I WFH full time and got VERY lazy - waking up 10 minutes before I needed to sign onto work, not doing hair or makeup, in PJs all day, showering quick on lunch breaks, working on the couch with the TV on. It put a strain on my marriage, my mood, my productivity at home and at work. I learned from that and now I make a concerted effort when WFH by keeping the same routine. I still get up early, shower in the morning, do my hair and makeup. I still wear comfy clothes (usually leggings and a hoodie), but I'm wearing real clothes rather than PJs. I also make sure I keep my regular work hours to avoid working too much. Another thing that's helped is having a dedicated office space. In my mind, I'm still going somewhere - its just upstairs to my office rather than in my car to my other office. I make sure to take my normal lunch break away from my office downstairs, and I avoid spending a lot of time outside of my office doing home chores like cleaning or laundry. All of this helps me stay productive, but admittedly it can be tough sometimes!

i shower and dress every day and it would drive me crazy not to. I hate feeling dirty. I wear makeup less often and have been letting my hair air dry, but thats the only real change.

Yes to all of these for me. In normal times, I WFH two days a week. Currently, I'm WFH full time. When I was younger, I had a job where I WFH full time and got VERY lazy - waking up 10 minutes before I needed to sign onto work, not doing hair or makeup, in PJs all day, showering quick on lunch breaks, working on the couch with the TV on. It put a strain on my marriage, my mood, my productivity at home and at work. I learned from that and now I make a concerted effort when WFH by keeping the same routine. I still get up early, shower in the morning, do my hair and makeup. I still wear comfy clothes (usually leggings and a hoodie), but I'm wearing real clothes rather than PJs. I also make sure I keep my regular work hours to avoid working too much. Another thing that's helped is having a dedicated office space. In my mind, I'm still going somewhere - its just upstairs to my office rather than in my car to my other office. I make sure to take my normal lunch break away from my office downstairs, and I avoid spending a lot of time outside of my office doing home chores like cleaning or laundry. All of this helps me stay productive, but admittedly it can be tough sometimes!

totally agree with all this.

I'm self employed so I have a home office set up before Covid 19, where I would my accounts etc at weekends. Its really helped me so much now that I am working from home full time. I have a work lap top and a personal laptop. When I'm working I'm at my desk , sitting in a proper office chair, but in PJ's with a Tinkerbell blanket wrapped around my legs :Pinkbounc (no work video calls, so I don't have to wear office casual :) )

Instead of getting up at 6am and having to commute to my clients, I get up at 8am and still do my normal morning routine and I am ready to log in for 9.30am.

I work 9.30am to 1pm. Then for lunch I go to the kitchen, make food and eat on the sofa. Then come back to my office and work 2pm to 4.30pm.

If I have to do extra work, I always make sure I am at my desk. Thats my work zone only. I don't work in bed or on the sofa.

Its really important to separate work and personal time. It helps to focus your brain into a work zone and then it helps you clear your head from the concentration and relax you.

I've worked from home for years, so I didn't really have a "dressing for work" routine that has now been interrupted by the stay-at-home order. But there have been some changes since I'm leaving the house less often.

I do not shower, dress, hair, and makeup every morning. I really only do that if I have meetings that I have to leave the house for. (I run an anesthesia staffing company so I will visit sites, meet with clients, have staff meetings with the owners, etc).

I suppose I do technically "get dressed" because I sleep naked, but it's usually leggings and a shirt. If it's cold, topped with a fuzzy robe. Although often I just wear the robe alone until late morning/lunch. I get up around 5:30/6, throw something on as I'm getting out of bed, make a cup of coffee, and directly start working.

If I decide to take a break and go to the park for a hike or go to the store, that's when I will get fully dressed, but that's still casual, no makeup/hair. I was going to the YMCA for exercise late morning, but I have not done that for months.

Do people not wear underwear with pj pants?
That stood out to me too. I had no idea people wore pajama pants with no underwear. A pajama dress/long shirt with no underwear, yes. But not pants.

i shower and dress every day and it would drive me crazy not to. I hate feeling dirty.
I will still shower every day, but I shower in the evening before getting into bed so I feel clean. For some reason that seems different to me than getting up in the morning, showering, doing hair/makeup, and getting dressed. (Which I only do when I have somewhere to go)

I get up about 40 minutes before my work start time. I shower, feed the dog, take my thyroid meds, then generally I would put on some leggings/workout type pants and a sweatshirt. It's still chilly where I live and even chillier in the house so I haven't moved to a T-shirt yet.

I dry and style my hair which these days takes about 10 minutes because I don't care how it comes out. I put makeup on maybe twice a week and it's probably just concealer at the most. I don't want to scare my adult children when they visit me.

I will still shower every day, but I shower in the evening before getting into bed so I feel clean. For some reason that seems different to me than getting up in the morning, showering, doing hair/makeup, and getting dressed. (Which I only do when I have somewhere to go)

I feel gross if I don't shower in the morning. My hair gets oily very quickly and there is no worse feeling than oily hair in the florida humidity. yuck.

I get up, read late emails from the previous day while drinking my coffee, then change and got for a run. Get home, shower and change into my work clothes for the day.

I take longer lunches, and I tend to do some work around the house during the day. I am staying more busy than ever right now.

I get up and put on my work clothes every work day, regardless of whether I have Zoom meetings or not. I don't own any "casual" clothes other than the one lightweight sweatshirt I wear on the weekends, so the only other option would be to stay in pajamas all day, which would feel SO weird to me. I don't think I've ever done that.

Since day 1 back in March, I have worked in the office every other day, while working at home the others. I haven't had to do Zoom, so working at home, I work in my pajamas. In all honesty, I roll out of bed, and turn on my laptop as I brush my teeth and stuff like that.

Same morning routine for me each weekday morning - shower, shave, etc. and to my "office" (e.g. my dining room) by around 8am to send my morning message to my team. I try to challenge them to do something different every day - trying to keep them as engaged as possible.

I'm self employed and work from home, out to meet with clients a few times a week (all video meetings now). I do the same routine as when I worked in a corporate office: up at 6:30 am, shower, dress in real clothes, add make-up. If I have an early morning video call, I'll blow dry my hair. If not, I'll let it air dry. Keeping the routine helps me get into work mode, there's no scrambling if I need to suddenly meet with a client (videos for now), and when I go out on errands, I look like a professional. I live in a small community, so me running around in jeans and a t-shirt are okay on the weekends. During the work week, I need to dress professionally in case clients or potential clients see me out and about.

I advised DH to do the same when he went work from home in mid-March. He admits that it does help him feel more professional and like he's at work, even though he's in a makeshift office in a spare bedroom. He does sleep in a little now, as his commute went from 45 minutes one way to 30 seconds.

Anyway I change every day, but I call it changing from my night pajamas into my day pajamas. My day pajamas are joggers and a t shirt or other shirt, so not actually pjs, just very comfy clothes. No desire to be in jeans all day if I don't have to be.
^ This!

I only wear make up or jeans when I have to take DBF to doctor. I wear jeans to the store but not make up. I can't remember the last time I blew dry my hair.

As for eating - I usually eat breakfast (if I eat it at all) and lunch while working. Dinner is the same as it always has been. But when this all started I had a really hard time eating dinner. Bfast and lunch were ok but I just couldn't stomach dinner. No matter what it was. That is better now thank goodness.

Are you getting dressed daily? Showering? Doing your hair?
Eating normally?

Yes, although sometimes I am in yesterday's clothes and don't shower until lunch time. I am for sure sleeping later. When my wife and I had to go in to work, I was up at 5:45 and we were out the door by 6:50. Now, I drag myself out of bed, throw on yesterday's clothes, walk the dogs, then it's probably time for work. I will shower first thing if I am up by 7 :)

I don't normally wear make up daily, so no change there.
I usually go into the office, so I'm for sure not going in pajamas! Days when I'm home I put on regular clothes as well, too. I will say my office is very casual, so jeans is the norm in here. I wouldn't go ANYWHERE in pajamas besides the kitchen to get a cup of coffee.
I do enjoy a rare rainy Sunday in sweats once in a while though.

Same routine as if I were going into the office. Shower, hair, makeup, clothing. I do walk the dogs immediately after work each day so nothing has changed for me except I work from home. I admit I follow the same routine on weekends and on vacation.

I feel gross if I don't shower in the morning. My hair gets oily very quickly and there is no worse feeling than oily hair in the florida humidity. yuck.
That makes sense. My husband's hair gets oily very quickly. He always showers at night because he likes to be clean getting into bed, but he will also jump in the shower in the morning to re-wash his hair. If he doesn't it will by greasy by midday.

My hair is super thick/curly. It's usually still wet when I get up in the morning (from showering at night), so it still feels clean and smells of shampoo/conditioner.

I shower daily and put on my “uniform” which consists on black leggings and some sort of t shirt or long sleeve shirt. I look like I’m about to exercise without the whole exercising thing happening. I don’t put on makeup and my hair style consists of a messy bun these days. I put on a full face of makeup and did my hair last Friday for the first time in almost two months.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter