• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Woodfields Florida Foray Day 11

floridahippy

Mouseketeer
WOODFIELDS FLORIDA FORAY – DAY 11
Magic Kingdom is decided on for today and so a taxi is ordered for after breakfasts. Today the wind is the coldest it has been all holiday and so hats, gloves and scarves were worn (it must have been cold as even the girls asked for gloves!!!) We voted for the Ferry going over – and wish we hadn’t as it was sooooooooo cold!!!! Poor MIL squashed herself into a very narrow place just to get out of the cold wind – bless her!!! None of us seemed in a great rush to sample the rides today (I think it was because it was just so cold) Today children everywhere seemed to be playing up or crying or having tantrums!! Glad our two are the age they are!! We went on the Carousel (memories of IOA!!) It was just as much fun getting MIL onto the horses as it was in IOA!! It doesn’t help when MIL is laughing so hard she is unable to co-operate!!! As we are all Winnie the Pooh fans we get fast passes for THE ride!!! Well it was fun, it was good but oh dear were we squashed – 5 adults in one car is way too many!!!! It was interesting getting us 3 oldies in and out – needed a shoehorn!!! We had lunch in Harbour House which we lingered over as it was so nice to be in the warm!! We watched the Parade, which was great – I think I spent more time watching the faces of the little ones around about than I did at the floats going past!! The little faces were amazing – such enchantment and amazement – that’s what holidays in Florida are all about!!! The girls and DH with memories of MIB at Universal insisted on riding Buzz – they returned very disappointed!!! We made for the Haunted Mansion and MIL and me played chase the buggy!! DH got in the buggy behind the girls and we tried to get in with him but the bar came down so we tried the next one – again not fast enough – so we tried the next one – still not faster enough – we made the fifth one back from DH!!!!! MIL found it hilarious!!!! DH and the girls went on the flying carpet ride and then we went round Swiss Family Tree house – tip – don’t go at dusk – not the best time to view it!!!! We went on Pirates – this was mainly to try and keep warm before Wishes!!! ‘Wishes’ was incredible and was really worth the wait in the cold to see!! We made a mad dash to the monorail (along with everyone else of course!!!) and got a taxi back. We dropped DH and MIL at the Resort to have some quality Mother and Son bonding time while I took both my DD’s shopping for food!!! We cheated and got a taxi back to the resort (we did have every intention of using the I-ride - honest!!!). Tea was a delightful mix of whatever we fancied!! Then we all had …..an early night!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter