WONDERous adventures on the Panama Canal - 4/23/17

Since we're less than 3 months away, time for some more inspiration?

IMG_5347_zpsg8fkc4mt.jpg

And remember to take your cameras out early on Panama Canal day or you get this:

20150507_142538_zpsyor0ghsa.jpg

This is our first Disney cruise in 18 years! First one for the kids. Trying to figure out all this FE stuff. Still unsure what it is, but looks like fun.

That is neat that this will be your 1st Disney Cruise in 18 years... But does not mean you sailed on a Disney Cruise 18 years ago, Or was cruising 18 years on other lines and this is 1st Disney.??? What was the 1st Disney ship you cruised on then...??

That is neat that this will be your 1st Disney Cruise in 18 years... But does not mean you sailed on a Disney Cruise 18 years ago, Or was cruising 18 years on other lines and this is 1st Disney.??? What was the 1st Disney ship you cruised on then...??
We went on a Disney cruise in 1999, and have traveled non Disney after that. We did the Wonder before. This will be our second Disney cruise, and second Panama Canal cruise. This is the first Disney cruise for our children.

Oh, it is. The trick is not overeating. So far I think I've only succeeded once. I think I'll try not eating the day before this time. :)
Why would you not overeat? :) Is that not the rule at Palo? I overeat and fully enjoy it every time I eat at Palo. Can not wait for brunch AND dinner on our cruise.

Just Some Fun from the Past.. from a 1937 - 1938 price brochure from Grace Cruise line, Which sailed from New York to California and reverse and goes through the Panama Canal

The style of ship was like the SS Santa Rosa

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Santa_Rosa_(1932)

So in 1937 she was a pretty new ship

x2m88y.jpg

126dxmw.jpg

25f0m0g.jpg

fypycy.jpg

2nrii5e.jpg

xf6y5s.jpg

aliwj5.jpg

So without doing scholarly work here, one of the overall low ball prices for 1937 1st class cabin for 2 people
the cost would be 550 dollars.

this would equal 9,147 dollars in 2016.

We are getting excited! We have booked the following Port Adventures:

Cozumel - Highlights, Ruins & Discover Mexico Cultural Park
Cartagena - Deluxe Cartagena & Folkloric Show
Porta Vallarta - Historic Towns & Tequila Making
Cabo San Lucas - Harbor Cruise & Scenic Stop

Has anybody done any of these before?

We went on a Disney cruise in 1999, and have traveled non Disney after that. We did the Wonder before. This will be our second Disney cruise, and second Panama Canal cruise. This is the first Disney cruise for our children.

That will be so darn neat to Travel on the Wonder with 1st Disney cruise and then to get on it again. all these years later.

We also 1st traveled on the Wonder for our 1st true Disney cruise back in 2001, never been on the Wonder since so it will be neat to compare all the changes. I have not even even looked at any of the photos of what the ship looks like now, just to be as amazed as possible.

That old cruise brochure is cool! Thanks for sharing

Like the PC boat pics too! I need to read up on the Canal some, anyone know of any good documentaries to watch?

Our very first Disney cruise was on the Wonder too, but in the day of land/sea packages, she's still our fav ship :sail:

yes, I admit I am a big kid "at heart" and I got a reservation for the Character Breakfast Mon 24th at 9 am. Is anyone else going at this time? Also Palo brunch Thurs 27th 12:30 pm and my Birthday Palo dinner Sun 30th 8:30pm. If someone did not get Palo reservation, I will have room at my table.

yes, I admit I am a big kid "at heart" and I got a reservation for the Character Breakfast Mon 24th at 9 am. Is anyone else going at this time? Also Palo brunch Thurs 27th 12:30 pm and my Birthday Palo dinner Sun 30th 8:30pm. If someone did not get Palo reservation, I will have room at my table.

Our character breakfast is 8.45 on the 24th, I believe. I sent you a PM about Mixology

Why would you not overeat? :) Is that not the rule at Palo? I overeat and fully enjoy it every time I eat at Palo. Can not wait for brunch AND dinner on our cruise.
There's regular overeating where you feel like you want to pop a button on your pants to get comfortable and then there's Palo overeating where you wonder afterwards how you're going to survive. I think it was my last PC cruise that I only had water for supper after brunch... It might've been 2 days before I felt like eating again. Palo's the only place that does that to me. I'm sure it has to do with already having not much room after being onboard a couple days, but I've been pondering strategies... and not going is not a valid strategy. :)

We are getting excited! We have booked the following Port Adventures:

Cozumel - Highlights, Ruins & Discover Mexico Cultural Park
Cartagena - Deluxe Cartagena & Folkloric Show
Porta Vallarta - Historic Towns & Tequila Making
Cabo San Lucas - Harbor Cruise & Scenic Stop

Has anybody done any of these before?
We did the Cabo Harbor Cruise and Scenic Stop. I guess I'd recommend it. One thing that troubled us should not be a trouble this year. The scenic stop location was under heavy construction in 2015.

Palo overeating...I am a small person but I love the Osso Bucco and Chocolate souffle which puts me over the top.

Glad to see others dress up for Pirate night! How about May the 4th Be With You ?
Hello, My husband and I are excited for this cruise. This will be our fifth one. We'll be running the 10K and 1/2 marathon of the runDisney Star Wars Dark Side weekend beforehand. Afterwards we'll be relaxing and enjoying the open waters.

We'll be doing a Palo Brunch and it will be our first time. I don't recall but is there a dress code for brunch? I know there is one for the dinners. Thank you.

We cruised on the Dream January 2016 after doing the Dopey Challenge, then did the Castaway Cay Challenge! Great fun! We tried to volunteer for the Dark Side Race Weekend but were too late!

Glad to see others dress up for Pirate night! How about May the 4th Be With You ?

We cruised on the Dream January 2016 after doing the Dopey Challenge, then did the Castaway Cay Challenge! Great fun! We tried to volunteer for the Dark Side Race Weekend but were too late!
I was wondering the same about May 4, is the ship doing anything special?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter