Wondering about costs

sd_wizkids

Earning My Ears
Just a few general, mundane, non pool hopping questions for you all to sink your teeth into!

We are BWV members but since add ons there are sold out, we are toying with buying some points at WLV. We would appreciate the numbers for these questions:

1. How much do points cost at WLV?

2. How much are the dues per point at WLV?

3. What is the current interest rate on Disney financing?

4. What percent downpayment is required with Disney financing?

Thanks for the info!

offsite '87
CBR '90
DXL '94
CBR '96
BWI '99
BWV '00
BWV '01

I don't have the sheet here at the office, but remember it as:

1. Points: $72/per, price going up to $75 in May.
2. Dues: I thought it was about $545/150 points, which is $3.63 or so.
3. Rate: If you pay half now, and half in a year, rate is 5.95%, otherwise its 10.95%, I think.
4. Don't know minimum down payment. Sorry. :(

HTH,
MuadDib

We just financed through Disney at VWL and were required to put down 20% as a downpayment. Can't wait to make our first trip "home".
Hope this helps.

I have the Add-on Direct Debit Example sheet for VWL that was handed out at a DVC member meeting. (There's a little meeting, msotly about about add-on held each week at BW and OKW.) I got this sheet when I stayed at OKW in March.

The cost now is $72 per point. I've been told it will rise to $75 come June.

The minimum number of points you can buy is 25, but I was told Disney will not finance that.

The Add-On Direct Debit Example Sheet given out at the meeting shows down payments of 50%, 20% and 10%, but I just bought an add-on with 30% down.

On the sheet, the financing rate examples if you have Disney directly deduct the loan payment from your checking account are:
1 year 9.25% with 50% down
3 years 12%, 5 years 12.5%, 7 years 13% 10 years 13.5%, all with 20% down.

If you finance 90% of the purchase price, the financing examples with direct debt are: 3 years 13%, 5 years 13.5%, 7 years 14%, 10 years 14.5%

Dues per year are listed at $3.6275 per point.

They have a program where they will buy back your points for $5 a point, which reduces the per point cost. I'm not sure about details of that or whether it's still going on. I did an add on at VB and the buy back was all of the points at $13 a point at the time.

If you want to increase your points at BW, you could buy a resale.

Hope this helps some.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter