Wonderful Panama Canal Sept 2014

Good evening everyone! I am fairly new to the Dis and to this tread! But not DCL by any means. I will keep this short as I've a lot of reading to catch up on now that we are only 76 days away from sailing! I booked this cruise last minuet for myself and my best friend, originally we were going to do the Med but that never paned out. Oh well. I booked a restricted OGT rate. My best friend recently accepted a job in Dubai that she never thought she would get. Now I will be sailing alone unless some miracle happens or if she is going to surprise me at last moment. All in all I am pretty excited about sailing alone and beyond excited to be on the Wonder (the ship I first sailed on)

I have seen a lot of threads about activities happening onboard. I was wondering if there was anyone else staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and if so when are ya'll getting into town? I am flying in on Wednesday morning and going to SeaWorld with a local friend. Anyone at the Hyatt want to meet for a beverage at Top of The Hyatt for a bon voyage toast on Thursday evening?

Good evening everyone! I am fairly new to the Dis and to this tread! But not DCL by any means. I will keep this short as I've a lot of reading to catch up on now that we are only 76 days away from sailing! I booked this cruise last minuet for myself and my best friend, originally we were going to do the Med but that never paned out. Oh well. I booked a restricted OGT rate. My best friend recently accepted a job in Dubai that she never thought she would get. Now I will be sailing alone unless some miracle happens or if she is going to surprise me at last moment. All in all I am pretty excited about sailing alone and beyond excited to be on the Wonder (the ship I first sailed on)

I have seen a lot of threads about activities happening onboard. I was wondering if there was anyone else staying at the Manchester Grand Hyatt and if so when are ya'll getting into town? I am flying in on Wednesday morning and going to SeaWorld with a local friend. Anyone at the Hyatt want to meet for a beverage at Top of The Hyatt for a bon voyage toast on Thursday evening?

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Glad you are joining us! DH and I are staying at the Manchester Hyatt as well. We arrive on Thursday morning. We have dinner reservations at 5 (we are coming from the east coast) but would love to meet up later in the evening before we collapse! Or earlier works too!

Sorry I haven't been around much – it's been busy out! I'm planning on going with translucent white (glow in the dark) with green lettering. The reason is that's the colour that we had on the WBTA in 2010, and it looks great. :artist: But the best part about the glow-in-the dark quality is that you wear the bands around the ship (or on shore) during the day, then hang them on door handles in your room at night so you can find your way to the bathroom! We still have our wrist bands from WBTA 2010 and we always take them with us when we travel for that purpose – and as a reminder of one of the Great DCL cruises of all time! :goodvibes Richard

Sounds perfect! Thank you for doing this for us.

I'm planning on going with translucent white (glow in the dark) with green lettering. The reason is that's the colour that we had on the WBTA in 2010, and it looks great. :artist:

But the best part about the glow-in-the dark quality is that you wear the bands around the ship (or on shore) during the day, then hang them on door handles in your room at night so you can find your way to the bathroom! We still have our wrist bands from WBTA 2010 and we always take them with us when we travel for that purpose – and as a reminder of one of the Great DCL cruises of all time! :goodvibes

Richard

These sound great Richard. And, I like your idea of hanging them on door handles at night so you can see the door handle. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Thanks for doing this for all of us.:cool1:

Welcome!

So with my entire family in town (for the sister's wedding), people are asking about my next adventure. Then when I tell them everyone is like "you need to read .... book and relax." My grandpa and my uncle both said they disliked Cartegena.

Hello all,
I hope this is in the correct place, I am looking to connect with other families traveling on this PC cruise. My husband and I have two daughters one who is 5 and another who will be turning 3 en-route. Any new friends out there?
-Megan

:welcome::welcome: We're also flying in on Wednesday but staying at the Wyndham and going to the zoo.

Hello all,
I hope this is in the correct place, I am looking to connect with other families traveling on this PC cruise. My husband and I have two daughters one who is 5 and another who will be turning 3 en-route. Any new friends out there?
-Megan

:welcome::welcome:yes you found us!! Where are you from? Make sure you check out all of the information on the 1st page. Looking forward to meeting you and your family.:yay:

Don't want to sound like a broken record, but I do need people to confirm for the Palo Group Brunch, as I will be submitting our request for dates/people soon to DCL. I have NOT received confirmations from the following people (I sent an e-mail to the e-mail address you gave me when you signed up and I do need to get these confirmed via EMAIL so I don't lose track of who has and hasn't confirmed to me..............)

KDeans1010
susie2
lynandandy

Please, please, please do not reply to this to confirm, please send me an e-mail (reply to the one I sent, or send to DisneyMouseHouse@disboards.net) - if you just reply to my post, chances are I will NOT see it and then it'd be a shame for you to miss out on our wonderful group brunch!

Thanks
Beverly

Hello all, I hope this is in the correct place, I am looking to connect with other families traveling on this PC cruise. My husband and I have two daughters one who is 5 and another who will be turning 3 en-route. Any new friends out there? -Megan

Welcome. I believe someone said there are about 175 of us on or involved with this thread and our FB group. We are a very chatty, social bunch and you'll have lots of reading to do to learn all about is! This is actually the second thread! There are some families traveling with children and a lot of empty-nesters. We are from all around the US, Canada, Europe and Australia. As someone else mentioned, check out page one of this thread to get more info on some of the group things we are planning including a FE, dining, yoga...
Tell is more about you and your family- prior Disney cruises, etc. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

This is our first time cruising together as a family. (with the two little
princesses princess:) My husband and I have taken a few mexican riviera trips before kids, (we always loved it!) and now they are old enough to go too. We live in San Diego, are annual passholders at disneyland, so this first-time disney cruise should be a dream come true!
-Megan

princesses princess:) My husband and I have taken a few mexican riviera trips before kids, (we always loved it!) and now they are old enough to go too. We live in San Diego, are annual passholders at disneyland, so this first-time disney cruise should be a dream come true!
-Megan

:thumbsup2

Okay so I was told I needed to show pictures from yesterday/sister's wedding. I only have what I have on facebook or my phone, and my phone's battery konked out pretty early. So here are two pictures:

My dad and my sister. And my dad is wearing a Winnie the Pooh/Tigger tie. He thought it would be playful and match my sister's arm tattoos (dessert themed).

Me giving my speech. So I don't know if I told y'all this but apparently the maid of honor needs to give a speech (!?!?!) and everyone asked who Kelly's maid of honor was (Kelly is my sister). She was like "Oh it's my sister Kim, she's a nurse and a published author." Super added pressure to write a great speech. I kept saying "Kelly! I'm a self published author! Major difference." I also get really bad stage fright. Like when I'm nervous I cuss without thinking and make super inappropriate jokes (things that would make a sailor blush).... Yay modern migraine medicine's other uses! Everyone loved my speech and my cousins had to take pictures of it. I will be wearing that dress on the cruise for formal night.

Okay so I was told I needed to show pictures from yesterday/sister's wedding. I only have what I have on facebook or my phone, and my phone's battery konked out pretty early. So here are two pictures:

My dad and my sister. And my dad is wearing a Winnie the Pooh/Tigger tie. He thought it would be playful and match my sister's arm tattoos (dessert themed).

Me giving my speech. So I don't know if I told y'all this but apparently the maid of honor needs to give a speech (!?!?!) and everyone asked who Kelly's maid of honor was (Kelly is my sister). She was like "Oh it's my sister Kim, she's a nurse and a published author." Super added pressure to write a great speech. I kept saying "Kelly! I'm a self published author! Major difference." I also get really bad stage fright. Like when I'm nervous I cuss without thinking and make super inappropriate jokes (things that would make a sailor blush).... Yay modern migraine medicine's other uses! Everyone loved my speech and my cousins had to take pictures of it. I will be wearing that dress on the cruise for formal night.

Nice pictures. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Kim, Very nice pix. Glad your toast was a hit! Thanks for sharing! Now, you can relax and get ready for the cruise!

Great pictures Kim! You and your sister both looked beautiful. Your dad looked pretty good too.

Looking forward to the cruise. Will be traveling by myself so looking for a group to meet up with during the cruise. Any groups like that?
I can't send PMs or emails as I am new to the Disboards....
Thanks,
Susan Bee

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: Glad you are joining us! DH and I are staying at the Manchester Hyatt as well. We arrive on Thursday morning. We have dinner reservations at 5 (we are coming from the east coast) but would love to meet up later in the evening before we collapse! Or earlier works too!

Sounds good! I will be at SeaWorld until 5 and will probably have dinner on the way back to the hotel. If you haven't collapsed by then :) we can meet for a drink! Where on the east coast are you coming from? Orlando area for me.

Looking forward to the cruise. Will be traveling by myself so looking for a group to meet up with during the cruise. Any groups like that? I can't send PMs or emails as I am new to the Disboards.... Thanks, Susan Bee[/QUOTE
Welcome. There are several single ladies on this board.Check out page 1 for info in some of the things we are planning. We are a very chatty bunch, you'll find!

-Megan

Looking forward to the cruise. Will be traveling by myself so looking for a group to meet up with during the cruise. Any groups like that?
I can't send PMs or emails as I am new to the Disboards....
Thanks,
Susan Bee

I want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: mesta and family to the cruise. Glad y'all are joining us. And also, I want to :welcome::welcome::welcome: Susan Bee to the cruise. So glad you are joing us too. There are some here on the DIS Board that mentioned they will also be cruising solo Susan. Hopefully y'all can get together. Again, welcome aboard to both of you.!!!:thumbsup2

Sounds good! I will be at SeaWorld until 5 and will probably have dinner on the way back to the hotel. If you haven't collapsed by then :) we can meet for a drink! Where on the east coast are you coming from? Orlando area for me.

Northern Virginia. Greater DC area.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter