WONDERful Alaska - July 18, 2016

Nike4000

Mouseketeer
Let's use this thread to discuss our amazing trip of a lifetime, join FE groups if desired, and share our excitement as the date grows nearer!

This will be our sixth Disney cruise! We're hoping to meet some wonderful fellow DISers cruising with us and enjoy some fish extender fun!

You can now track the ship's health and safety records at http://projects.propublica.org/cruises/cruise/Disney_Wonder. I will definitely be checking this site frequently leading up to the cruise.

I'm really impressed with how quickly the Disney team responds to items identified by the Health Inspectors. Most items list something along the lines of "item was fixed before inspector moved to the next area" or similar.

Because the site lists all cruise ships, it's a good resource to review before sailing on any cruise ship. Or, maybe ignorance is bliss in the case of a bad health inspection report???

Just signed up for this cruise; it'll be our first on Disney and first with our son. Looking forward to the fun!

I just discovered that there IS an FE group for this cruise already setup in facebook. It is called DISNEY WONDER ALASKA JULY 18-25, 2016. I joined this FE group.

I just discovered that there IS an FE group for this cruise already setup in facebook. It is called DISNEY WONDER ALASKA JULY 18-25, 2016. I joined this FE group.
Be aware - directing DISmembers to other social media sites is not allowed. Posted Nov 2014:
Moving forward there will be a new infraction "Attempting to lure DIS members to post private information on other sites". It will be a 40 point violation.

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions) and we expect that those who have already posted such links/offers will remove them.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/im...uise-meet-and-fish-extender-programs.3353477/

First of all, the ONLY reason I posted was to let others going on this cruise know that there was an FE Exchange that had already begun.

Secondly, I am NOT trying to "lure" anyone away from this site, or gain their personal information.

Thirdly, I am not a real, or bogus travel agency.

Finally, goodbye!

Hello-
Just joined this thread. This is our 8th Cruise, but our first to Alaska.
We are traveling with our daughter (6), our son (14) and two of his friends (both 14).

Is this the main thread for this cruise? There is usually a lot more 'chatter' on the cruise threads?

Welcome! As far as I can tell, this is the main thread for our cruise on this website. A fellow cruiser mentioned above another site where there might be a bit more discussion. This is my first time on DCL; what kinds of things are normally discussed on the board besides FE? We'll be traveling with my niece (5) and son (almost 5).

Welcome! As far as I can tell, this is the main thread for our cruise on this website. A fellow cruiser mentioned above another site where there might be a bit more discussion. This is my first time on DCL; what kinds of things are normally discussed on the board besides FE? We'll be traveling with my niece (5) and son (almost 5).
Anything that is of interest to you about your cruise. Excursions; what to do with kids; cruising questions; packing issues. There are activities that are sometimes set up on Cruise Meet threads. These include: private mixology/tasting classes; cabin crawls; pub crawls; recipe exchanges; scavenger hunts.

Thanks!

Is anyone else coming in to Vancouver the day before? We're still figuring out specific flight times, but it's looking like we might fly in the afternoon before the cruise. If we do fly in the day before, any suggestions for where to go for the evening or dinner? We'll have two kindergarteners with us, so I need to start looking for an appropriate place for them to run around/play after being cooped up in the airport and plane all day.

Thanks!

Is anyone else coming in to Vancouver the day before? We're still figuring out specific flight times, but it's looking like we might fly in the afternoon before the cruise. If we do fly in the day before, any suggestions for where to go for the evening or dinner? We'll have two kindergarteners with us, so I need to start looking for an appropriate place for them to run around/play after being cooped up in the airport and plane all day.[/QUOTE

We are arriving the day before and plan on going to the suspension bridge and maybe grouse mountain

Welcome Stacey! There has not been an FE group started for this cruise on the Disboards, but it has happened on other sites. I suggest reading this thread from the top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!