Wonder - October 24, 2004

Our docs finally arrived late yesterday afternoon. I'm not happy with my cabin location, but I guess that's what I get for booking at the last minute.
We booked a GTY cat. 9 room which was the highest category they had available.
We're far forward and on DCL ships I prefer aft. Oh well, it's still a Disney Cruise:sunny: !

Motherwitch,
Sorry you don't like the room location. Could you call DCL and see if they can go ahead and move you to another room?

Hi all! :wave2:

This is my first "official" post, and I just had to join in to say that this will be the first Disney cruise for my DH and I....we are so excited!! I can't believe the date is so close! Here's hoping that time flies until the cruise, then slows down!

Welcome DisneyDerm. None of us seems to be able to believe that the date is finally getting closer either.

I must admit that I have an eye to the sky though as far as hurricanes go. I wonder how far ahead of the cruise we can feel safe as far as that goes? Three days? What do you guys think? (Or are you trying not to think about it at all?)

Jennifer

i for one am hoping they are all done for the year - and yes - im not even thinking about that!!

'Cause I'm doin' the document dance!

I got them last night. I've never taken more than one person with me before, so it seemed strange for my little "travel trunk" to be so full. Yea for new experiences!

congrats amymouse!!! now i guess we will let you aboard our cruise!! two weeks from today!! can you even stand it?!?!?!

No, I can't believe how close it is! Well, so close and yet so far, I guess.

I sent a "Cruise News" about the food onboard to the rest of my group today. By the time I was done writing it I was ready to start gnawing on my keyboard. I had made myself so hungry. I can't wait to start grazing!

Hello Everyone!!

Better late than never!! Just found this forum today. I've been going through Cruise Critic for our upcoming January RCCL cruise and finally found this board! Whew!

To quickly get 'on board' with all of you, we are traveling with our son, Ian, who is 10. (Fleshju, saw your post and would love to get both of our 10-year olds together!) We live in Colorado and have previously sailed on the Magic, both east and west Caribbean. It's been two years since we've gone on Disney. Looking forward to a 4-day on the Wonder. We've received our docs about two weeks ago. Have second seating. We're staying at the Radisson on Sat. night....heard that wasn't touched by the hurricane...fingers crossed for zero hurricanes for the rest of October!

Looking forward to meeting all of you!

Susan, Pete and Ian

We were originally on a three day cruise leaving on the 29th, but it got chartered several months ago and we got bumped. Thankfully, DCL put us on the four-day for the same points and we're now going on the 24th!

DH and I have been to Alaska twice on HAL and I've been on a caribbean cruise many years ago, but this is our first DCL cruise. We're taking my MIL and our two nephews - 7 and 13. We have a few days at WDW (Boardwalk Villas) before and four days after, so it will be a good, long, fun trip!

hey all! welcome aboard!!

flycruisers, i was in colorado about 6 months ago - i have friends that live in fort collins - i tried to talk them into joining us - but they went with a royal carribean cruise that leaves today - now we have to see who has the best cruise!!

i hope we win!!

JJsmama, Thanks for the welcome!

Dizney-cruiser, what RCCL ship are your friends going on? We've been frequent cruiers on RCCL but are looking to get back onto a Disney ship!

The weather in Colorado has been nice recently....now in the low 60s and feels like fall!

Have any of you discussed a meeting plan on board? Does Disney do anything like a Meet and Mingle that RCC does? I doubt it, but one never knows!

Susan

I think that many of the DIS cruisers do try and set up a DIS Meet on their cruises. I'd be interested in meeting you all but also am traveling with a family of 26 people so I may already have enough people to try and meet up with.

flycruisers,

my friends are on the Majesty of the seas - the same ship i sailed on quite a few years ago!

HI everyone,

I've been reading this board for a while, finally decided to put up a post. We are also crusing on the 10/24 Wonder. Sort of a belated honeymoon....20 years later and with three kids....

We can't wait. Just 12 more days.

I haven't "checked in" for a while and see there's been "new" people checking in! Welcome from Wisconsin too!

Flycruisers - yes, would love for our DS10's to meet. I'll PM you and we can work out details. Or I think someone mentioned a group meeting as well. Let's name a time and place. Also, I am from Colorado originally and still miss the mountains.

WDWguru - We were booked on the same trip you mention. We wanted to be on the ship for the Halloween party and were disappointed when they called us. How funny that we rescheduled for the same time again! They wouldn't tell us which corporation chartered however. :rolleyes:

It's so fun "talking" with other people who are just as excited and looking forward to a magical time. We too have tried not to watch for the weather yet (and pray they get no more hurricanes) - but I did notice it was 83 degrees in Florida when it was 56 here in Madison. ;)

Fleshju, We're not far from you, in Middleton. We're supposed to be in the 40's on Thursday.

Have there been any itinerary changes due to the hurricanes and damage, or is everything back on schedule?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter