WONDER Mar 29, 2015 5 Night Western Caribbean (Cozumel)

AngieEstaAqui

Mouseketeer
Looking to start an FE and meet and greet for the Mar 29, 2015 5 Night Western Caribbean (Cozumel) aboard the Wonder. Anyone in?!?

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list pixiedust:
Have a great cruise :beach:

Hi everyone!!!!

This will be our first-ever cruise and it's going to be a surprise for our kids. My sister and her family will be on this cruise as well. We are super excited!

Can't wait to "meet" everyone over the next 357 days!

Happy weekend y'all :)

YAY! Shipmates!

I was beginning to wonder (no pun intended) if anyone else was on this cruise with me!

Hi everyone!!!!

This will be our first-ever cruise and it's going to be a surprise for our kids. My sister and her family will be on this cruise as well. We are super excited!

Can't wait to "meet" everyone over the next 357 days!

Happy weekend y'all :)

Greetings All. I am Shea&Van's sister. This is our first Disney cruise. We have taken several cruises which we LOVE and last went to Disney in Jan 2013. Really looking forward to this cruise for our spring break next year. We have one child who will be 8 at the time of the sailing.

Hey Angie,

Quick question, it says closed group. I'm assuming that means any communique is kept just between the members of the group. Is that accurate? We have many friends and family that are "friends" of the hubster's page. Since this will be a surprise for our kids, I don't want to risk any of them blabbing about the big secret before our Christmas reveal.

A little bit about us...as my signature says, we have three littles. Our oldest daughter (and most "animated") is finishing up first-grade. She loves competitve cheerleading, soccer, talking A LOT and playing chess. Our son is in the middle and he's a sports fanatic. He plays flag football and soccer and is crazy for Iron Man and Legos. He will be starting Kindergarten in August. The baby girl just turned two and appears to be exceptionally talented in the arts (i.e. lots of "singing" that sounds like screaching and theater performances that mirror super meltdowns). She's a huge fan of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and, more recently, a crazed follower of Frozen's "Olaf."

My husband and I have known each other since we were in middle school. This year we are celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary! Both of us work full-time (he does construction inspection and I'm a federal employee) and juggle the littles and their wacky schedules in our "free" time.

My sister, see above post from Ash, has been bullying us for YEARS to do the cruise thing, but we've been reluctant to venture from our WDW trips. We have spent much less on our previous 10 day vacations to WDW than we are spending on this cruise. But, she insists that this experience will be completely worthwhile. I'm most excited about seeing my kids and my nephew experience the Disney Cruise Line magic for the very first time together! :grouphug:

If I didn't foul it up, I'll also visit the FB page to say "hi." Wishing all my shipmates a safe, happy, and healthy week!!

Take care everyone! :flower3:

Hi Everyone!

We will be sailing on this cruise too.:cool1:

It will be Myself, DH, and our two DS.

I don't think we will participate in the FE this time around. We have done them before and they are great but this time we are doing a B2B and it might be too much to keep track of once I get in vacation mode.:rotfl:

Looking forward to counting down with all of you.

I understand. Our last cruise was a B2B, and it did get a bit confusing. Do join us over on the Facebook page, though!

Hello fellow travelers!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and mention that we are officially under 11 months till we set sail! Woot! Woot!!

I got my "Unofficial Guide to DCL" the other day and have been enjoying every page of information.

Is anyone planning on going to WDW either before or after the cruise? Our tentative plan is to fly into Orlando (thanks SWA points!!), spend a few days at WDW, then drive down to Miami, overnight near the port, cruise :banana: and then fly home via Fort Lauderdale. Sounds confusing, but people do that right?

It has been so hard to keep my excitement quiet about this trip, but it's going to be a big part of our Christmas celebration for our children. They will be over the moon.

In the meantime, we are taking a smallish summer vacation to Ocean City, Md. to enjoy some downtown once school lets out. Do you all have summer plans? Hard to believe that tomorrow is MAY! Wow!

Wishing you all a happy week!
:woohoo:

We aren't doing WDW on this trip, but we have before. We did a "sea and land," but in hindsight, "land and sea" would have been far better.

As for the summer, we are taking a small vacation into the mountains of Arkansas, Tulsa (third row seats to Wicked!), and a few play days in Dallas. We are hitting all Guy Fieri's visits on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives along the way, because I'm weird like that... It's just what I enjoy!

Hello fellow travelers!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello and mention that we are officially under 11 months till we set sail! Woot! Woot!!

I got my "Unofficial Guide to DCL" the other day and have been enjoying every page of information.

Is anyone planning on going to WDW either before or after the cruise? Our tentative plan is to fly into Orlando (thanks SWA points!!), spend a few days at WDW, then drive down to Miami, overnight near the port, cruise :banana: and then fly home via Fort Lauderdale. Sounds confusing, but people do that right?

It has been so hard to keep my excitement quiet about this trip, but it's going to be a big part of our Christmas celebration for our children. They will be over the moon.

In the meantime, we are taking a smallish summer vacation to Ocean City, Md. to enjoy some downtown once school lets out. Do you all have summer plans? Hard to believe that tomorrow is MAY! Wow!

Wishing you all a happy week!
:woohoo:

Glad to know I'm not the only one counting down. :rotfl:

I've been thinking of buying the Unofficial Guide, but I already own the PassPorter and it's not like it's our first cruise so I'm not sure I would get much use out of it. Let me know what you think of it when you're done.

We live in Central Florida and go to WDW often so we won't be staying before our cruise. MY DS will already miss 2 days of school as it is, and that's not so easy now that he is in High School. :scared: We will drive down the night before and stay in a hotel so we don't have the 4hr drive the day we board.

I would love to be a fly on your wall Christmas morning!!:goodvibes

No plans for a summer vacation right now, but again we do live really close to WDW so we usually don't go too long with out a least a weekend stay. If not we will just hit the beach and stuff.

We aren't doing WDW on this trip, but we have before. We did a "sea and land," but in hindsight, "land and sea" would have been far better.

As for the summer, we are taking a small vacation into the mountains of Arkansas, Tulsa (third row seats to Wicked!), and a few play days in Dallas. We are hitting all Guy Fieri's visits on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives along the way, because I'm weird like that... It's just what I enjoy!

Saw Wicked a couple of years ago.....LOVED it!!!!!

Hello,

I'm a cruise newbie, and want to take my kiddos on a cruise. This one is number one on my list as far as dates and price. Any advice? Is this a good option for a first family cruise? Is it the right amount of time? Should we go on a shorter to Bahamas? or a try a longer? Gosh, really any opinions, or reasons this one will be wonderful to reassure me, would be welcome. Thanks!

We are new to cruising as well, but we've been to Disney World a few times. We are super excited to try out DCL.

We chose this cruise for several reasons. First, it coincided with our school's Spring Break and we try not to allow the kids to miss too much school. Secondly, we wanted to try a "medium" length cruise becuase we've never done one before and want to ensure we enjoy it before trying a 7-10 day cruise. We are flying down so it had to be worth it as well...a three-day would have been just too short. So, we picked a 5-night.

A woman I work with is a Disney nut. She's totally awesome and travels to Disney at least once a month, owns multiple DVC contracts, cruises 3-4 times each year, etc. She is the one who recommended we try the Wonder. She's been on each ship multiple times and says the Wonder is her favorite. She says the crew is fantastic and the smaller size allows people to really enjoy personalized service and avoid oversized crowds. I really took her suggestion to heart because I figured she wouldn't steer me wrong.

Maybe one of the veterans can chime in on the benefits of this particular cruise iten/ship more so than I can. These were just some of the reasons we selected this particular cruise.

Best of luck with your decision. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time no matter what!

Take care and welcome to the Dis!! :yay:

Hello,

I'm a cruise newbie, and want to take my kiddos on a cruise. This one is number one on my list as far as dates and price. Any advice? Is this a good option for a first family cruise? Is it the right amount of time? Should we go on a shorter to Bahamas? or a try a longer? Gosh, really any opinions, or reasons this one will be wonderful to reassure me, would be welcome. Thanks!

I agree with what Shea&Vansaid. I think the Wonder would be great choice for a first cruise. In fact is was our first DCL ship. It's beautiful and has a great crew. It's also easier to navigate as a first timer. To be honest, the ports on this cruise really don't thrill us. The exception, of course, is Castaway Cay. However, we don't sail for the ports we sail for the ship. For the current pricing I don't think you can go wrong booking this cruise, but I would still check out all of your options and see what appeals to you the most. Any cruise on DCL is an amazing experience and I'm sure you will love whatever you choose. Let us know if you decide to join us.::yes::

Yeah! Congrats on booking your first DCL trip! I'm sure it will be totes awesome!

I'm sure we'll have lots to discuss over the next 318 days. Tell us a bit about yourself...

Happy day!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

I will be traveling with my family of 5 (dd 11, dd 9, and ds 6), in-laws, and niece. We took our first trip to Disney and first real family vacation last month, and I'm hooked. I decided a cruise sounded really fun, but am still a little nervous. I've read nothing but positives, so I'm sure it will be wonderful. I love to craft and sew, so the FE thing sounds appealing to me. We aren't telling our kids about the cruise until Christmas, but they might have some idea if they are looking over my shoulder while I'm on the laptop. lol. Can't wait to get to know everyone, and learn more about Disney cruising over the next almost year. :)

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter