Wonder in Alaska!!! May 27, 2013

been back for a couple of days and i am missing all the disney magic. it was fun! i'm a first time disney cruiser and a total cruise newbie. i am so impressed by the friendliness of the crew and the cleanliness and maintenance of the ship. somebody was always cleaning and polishing and what not. there was only 1 child in our group of 6 but all 5 of us adults, from my parents who are in their 60's, to me and my siblings in our 30's had a great time and can't wait to go back.

the pixar pals party was fun. you get to dance with the characters as they would mingle with the crows and not only stay on stage. got to dance with woody and my sister was excited to get to dance with the dog from up.

we did the bus tour in skagway which was interesting. some some scenic sights and learned a but of the town's history. it was short so it gave us time to walk around town a bit.

we did the tram in juneau. it was ok. the weather sucked when we arrived in juneau. it rained non-stop. i heard some tours got cancelled due to the weather. the highlight of our trip to juneau was going to tracy's crab shack which was featured on top chef. delicious but a bit pricey.

we did enjoy ketchikan.we did the duck tour and enjoyed it. we saw the town and saw some wild life. we saw a couple of bald eagles, a raven and a whale that jumped close to our boat. it was a pleasant surprise. our guide said that doesn't usually happen. oh and in ketchikan if you guys just want casual lunch, try fish pirates. we enjoyed their bucket of king crab legs and coconut shrimp! you also get a free shot glass at their store if you order a beer.

also at the port of vancouver, there where people handing out brochures about alaska. turns out they were coupons for each port. we were able to get some free stuff or discounted stuff. :)

my siblings and i did the mixology class on our last sea day. that was a fun and buzz filled 30 minutes! not bad for an extra $15, you're taught how to make 5 popular cocktails and get to drink all 5 samples. the bar tender was quite generous and i ended up with an extra B-52 shot.:cool1:

we also did the name that 80's tune one night. had a blast! toy story musical was my family's favourite show on board. my 6 year old absolutely loved it. he was amazed as to how his favourite characters, buzz and woody came to life on stage.

Just a real quick answer to a couple of questions above:

Pixar pals night was great. They had Woody and Jesse, Mike and Sully, Mr and Mrs Incredible, Flick the Ant, the kid and the dog from Up, and maybe one of two more that I can remember. We got lots of great pictures from that night. Seeing a real life Mike walking around and dancing was awesome.

We did the railroad up and down, and thought it was worth it. It was beautiful scenery and a great train ride. It was expensive, but I thought it was worth it.

Remy too! He's my favorite rat :goodvibes

Hi everyone! I am new to this DIS board so you will have to bear with me! My family and I are excited about the Alaska cruise! Fortunately my SIL (beffiefox) has been guiding me through these boards! Look forward to July!!:banana:

I have to say, I went in not knowing how much I'd love another cruise since our last one (not Alaska) we had some issues (motion sickness, etc), but we all LOVED this cruise and definitely look forward to going back when our toddler is older and we can do a few excursions (yep, totally eyeing the calendar already - as we already have 2014 & 2015 tentatively planned, I'm thinking it will be 2016 or 2017). Being from WA/BC, a lot of the scenery was similar to what I've grown up with, but the spectacularness (new word!) of it blew even jaded me away and I LOVED being able to sail around all the little islands in the Inside Passage ;)

I'm still deciding if I want to do a TR (I didn't take food pictures like I did last time, which is what I know a lot of people want to see :thumbsup2), but it was such a great cruise I want people to know how awesome it was! ;)

It was lovely to meet so many of you and put faces to DISNames. The DIS & FB group members I met were truly a great, friendly group of people! We did a door/FE tour (walked the entire length of the ship on every deck) on the Juneau day and loved seeing all the great decorations and FE everyone had. Hopefully we'll see some of you on our next Alaska cruise as well! ;)

To everyone who took the time to organize fun get-togethers, THANKS!

To all the FE friends, THANKS!

To all the CMs who showed us kindness and attention, THANKS!

I am grateful for the opportunity to meet you all and have such a great experience with you.

Welcome back. We leave on the June 24 sailing and I'm getting really excited the more I read about your cruise adventures.

Does anyone have Navigators they can post? I'd love to see all the activities y'all had to choose from.

What were the shows each night? How many formal nights & when were they?

What was your favorite onboard activity? What about port excursion?

Any special menus/food?

How was the weather? (I'm still not sure what all to pack.)

Welcome back. We leave on the June 24 sailing and I'm getting really excited the more I read about your cruise adventures.

Does anyone have Navigators they can post? I'd love to see all the activities y'all had to choose from.

Any special menus/food?

Search Alaska Navigators 2013 - modisneychick posted the Navigators in a photobucket. We sail on the 17th and found them the be extremely wonderful!!

Any special menus/food?

I remember All Aboard - Let the Magic Begin, Golden Mickeys, Dreams, Toy Story, Movie Special (Iron Man III), and some variety shows (Ventriloquist, Hypnotist, and Comedian). Perhaps I missed something?

Formal Night on the first at sea day. Semi-formal on the last at sea day (a lot of people didn't observe this).

Favorite Activity - Too hard to pick just one. I liked the parties :).
Port Excursion: Whale Watching with Harv & Marv

Any special menus/food?

- Golden Mickeys Menu, Toy Story Menu, Til We Meet Again Menu, Captain's Gala Menu (Is that all of them?)

How was the weather?

Pack everything! It was cold and rainy and hot and sunny on the same days.

I'm working on a trip report here if you would like a little more detail: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=48609688&posted=1#post48609688

Hope this helps!
Marise

There was no Captain's Gala menu. Instead the Taste of Alaska Menu was served on semi formal night.

Corinna

We appreciated all the FE gifts & postcards! Thank you everyone! Can't wait to unpack them again as we had most of them shipped home w/ formal wear, since we had a 2nd week in WA. I can see the benefit of renting formal clothes for the guys & not lugging it!
Glad that we packed most everything that we did (layers & raincoats), however they do have lots of bargains of coats at ports and we could have done with a couple less sweaters or sweatshirts as it was warmer than expected. And we were blessed with only about a day & 1/2 of rain.

thank you once again for all your creative, generous and thoughtful FE gifts! you guys made our first time cruise experience more magical.

and yes, i am now addicted to disney cruises!!!

thank you once again for all your creative, generous and thoughtful FE gifts! you guys made our first time cruise experience more magical.

and yes, i am now addicted to disney cruises!!!

Isn't it weird just how addictive Disney cruises are?? All other vacations usually leave me satisfied after having enjoyed a great time - even Disney World. But there's something about a cruise that makes me feel like I'm suffering serious withdrawal for weeks after leaving the ship. I've already checked Disney's website for upcoming cruises about three times to see if I can work something in! :lmao:
At least with these meet threads in place, I feel like we now have a little support group to help us cope :rotfl:

And I third (or fourth?) the thank you for all the generous gifts. This was my first time doing the FE and the gifts far exceeded any of my expectations! Thank you all :goodvibes

We were on the Wonder for 2 weeks and still didn't want to leave. I really think I could live on a ship for retirement IF I could afford to.
I keep looking at the June 30 Dream cruise to go with friends but there are no bargains for that sailing or if there were then they happened when we were on our 2 cruises. Sept. 2014 can't get here fast enough for our next cruise, I really think I need to book something to tide me over. LOL!

Cruise withdrawal here as well

I want back on the ship. Can't imagine if I lived close enough to see it weekly.
That would be hard.

This is the first time since I first set foot on the Magic in 2008 that I got off a ship without having another cruise booked. I don't like this one little bit.

I am in the process of downloading my photos and putting them onto Flickr. I have also started to pretype my trip reports. Once my Disneyland Photopass CD arrives, I will get started posting some trip report.

Corinna

Isn't it weird just how addictive Disney cruises are?? All other vacations usually leave me satisfied after having enjoyed a great time - even Disney World. But there's something about a cruise that makes me feel like I'm suffering serious withdrawal for weeks after leaving the ship. I've already checked Disney's website for upcoming cruises about three times to see if I can work something in! :lmao:
At least with these meet threads in place, I feel like we now have a little support group to help us cope :rotfl:

And I third (or fourth?) the thank you for all the generous gifts. This was my first time doing the FE and the gifts far exceeded any of my expectations! Thank you all :goodvibes
it's been almost a month and i'm still sufferring from cruise withdrawal. i agree! i'm glad we have this board as our support group. ahhhh! at least we can relive the magic.
i am trying to save up so i can go back on the wonder to alaska next year. then in 2.5 years our family is planning to do a reunion and do a disney cruise to the bahamas.

i can't wait to go back on that boat!!!!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter