Wonder ~ February 6 2011 ~ Mexican Riviera

We're going! :cool1: DH, me, DS6, DS3. This will be DH and my fourth cruise and the boys third cruise to the MR but our FIRST DISNEY CRUISE. Right now we are trying to keep it a secret from the boys but I'm already having a hard time with that. If anyone has any questions about the ports I'd be glad to answer what I can.

My family will be on this cruise, our first Disney cruise. In fact, it will be our children's first real vacation. We are very much looking forward to it! AND...it happens to be my son's 8th birthday on the cruise!

How exciting! My b-day will also be on the cruise.....which is his special day?

We're going!
Our family had our first ever "vacation" in March of this year, for our son James' Make a Wish trip. He wished to go to WDW and we stayed at Give Kids the World for a week. We got a bout of the NoroVirus during our trip though. It was all so magical and we realized the importance of making memories so we decided to try a cruise. My son has many challenges physically and health wise, but we are all super excited, and have no idea what to expect or how to plan. It will be my hubby, me, my father who is James' helper, and our other 5 children. If any one is interested I have our TR from our WDW Wish trip you are welcome to read :)

Hello everyone!! We booked this cruise a week ago, it will be myself, DH, DS 10 and DD 9. So glad that a thread has been started for this date, was getting worried! lol.. Now just hoping for a good deal on airfare!

We're going!
Our family had our first ever "vacation" in March of this year, for our son James' Make a Wish trip. He wished to go to WDW and we stayed at Give Kids the World for a week. We got a bout of the NoroVirus during our trip though. It was all so magical and we realized the importance of making memories so we decided to try a cruise. My son has many challenges physically and health wise, but we are all super excited, and have no idea what to expect or how to plan. It will be my hubby, me, my father who is James' helper, and our other 5 children. If any one is interested I have our TR from our WDW Wish trip you are welcome to read :)

Amber- just read your TR. You sound like an amazing mom, and your report made me more than a bit weepy in places. I look forward to meeting you in Feb. Until then, I'm sending prayers your way, particularly as you all work through what is happening with Dakota. :)

Amber- just read your TR. You sound like an amazing mom, and your report made me more than a bit weepy in places. I look forward to meeting you in Feb. Until then, I'm sending prayers your way, particularly as you all work through what is happening with Dakota. :)
YIKES! Did you read the whole TR? Dakota is doing wonderful, he is taking some meds that are working perfect. I look forward to meeting you too!

How exciting! My b-day will also be on the cruise.....which is his special day?

February 7th! I am so excited for him (all of us, really). We were able to find a room for our good friends, whose son is our son's best friend! So we are all going together!

So happy that this is coming together for everyone! Thank goodness for KIDS SAIL FREE and the Mexican Riviera!

I WONDER what the weather will be like? Have any of you cruised during this time of year before? This is really the only concern I have about going this time of year...

I WONDER what the weather will be like? Have any of you cruised during this time of year before? This is really the only concern I have about going this time of year...

I have been wondering this exact same thing!

I have been lurking on this sight for awhile and now that I see there is a thread for this cruise have decided to finally become a member.

Myself (Dawn), DH (Pete) and twin dd's Bethany and Kaitlyn who will be 7 during the cruise would like to join all of you.

We were originally booked on a Dreams cruise for March 27 but changed to get the KSF. This is our first Disney cruise but both my husband and I have sailed RCL. I am feeling a little overwhelmed with planning never been to California before. We just booked our air fare last night so all that is left is transport and hotel the night before.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Anyone else flying in a couple days early? We are, but just cant decide what to do.[/QUOTE]

Nope, we live about 2 1/2 hours north in Central California. If we come down early, it will only be "just because." The obvious "to do" is Disneyland, but there is alot more to do in SoCal. We lived in the LA area for a number of years and still go frequently. If i can give you any ideas or provide input on the area, let me know :)

I have been lurking on this sight for awhile and now that I see there is a thread for this cruise have decided to finally become a member.

Myself (Dawn), DH (Pete) and twin dd's Bethany and Kaitlyn who will be 7 during the cruise would like to join all of you.
QUOTE]

Another Pete! :lmao: I have one of those, too! I'm Kate, DH is Pete and our little man is Karl [who will be 5 by the time we sail]

we're coming early, on the Thursday before. We are going to Legoland and San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park, and maybe a water park too. We are not doing DW unless we can find some super great ticket prices since there are 9 of us. I'm not sure where we're staying yet.

Anyone else flying in a couple days early? We are, but just cant decide what to do.

We are flying in late on the 5th. Would like to be there sooner but Hubby has to work so I was able to get a late flight out. I am too worried about Michigan weather to fly out the day of. We arrive in LA at 10:30 PM. Should we get a hotel near the air port or get a transport to San Pedro and be right there the morning of?

I forgot to put in our names when I posted. My name is Kim, my husband is Sean, and we are traveling with our 10 year old son Hunter and 9 year old daughter Mackenzie. My husband and I will also be celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary on the cruise.

Oh, introductions...

Kimberly
Erick
Parker
Tera

My username is the first initial of each of our first names...It's not the status of my relationship :)

Well, its started...just changed cabins from a 9A, 7012 to a 7 - 7626. I've been obsessing about wanted fresh air, so I did it. Not sure if its "worth it"...but then thought about how miserable it could be without.....anyone else got their cabin assignments?

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter