Wonder ~ February 6 2011 ~ Mexican Riviera

I didn't know you could just go to a bank and get pesos. How much did you get? I have no idea how much pesos are even worth? Do all banks have pesos available? BTW we are neighbors kinda (Chino Hills). One week to go!

I heard that Banco Popular usually has them, but I ordered from our Bank (Wells Fargo) and it took a couple of days. I really don't need that much now since most of our spending was going to be in Mazatlan! But for $400 you get $4400 pesos and the bank charged me $6.50 to order them. I'll save some back for when we go to Mexico again in June. (south of Cancun this time).

I just checked the 10 day forecast and it's not looking too warm for sail away. (62). At least no rain predicted. I was hoping for last weeks weather of 80! The ports are showing 77-80 degrees so that will be nice!

We are coming from just North of Denver. Flying in Friday and spending the day at New Port Beach and then the Wild Animal Park.

Though we are still looking forward to CA weather, today it was near 65 and almost a record.

We are looking at the Pirate excursion in PV and then the beach/pool day on first Cabo day, then DH and two older boys are doing Regatta day two Cabo. Me and my mom are doing a city tour.
:banana::banana:

We are also leaving from the Denver area on Friday. We are staying at the Grand Californian and doing Disneyland on Saturday. We have signed up for the Pirate Excursion in PV and whale watching on one of the days in Cabo.
Look forward to the meet prior to the muster drill.

Did anyone get notified by Disney that our port was changed? I guess they are just assuming we all read the DIS and already know about it.

We got an email from Disney Cruise Line stated that the itinerary had changed. But no reasons were given. I'm sorry I deleted it or I would have posted it. But of course I found out first here and by then looking at my reservation.

One week from tomorrow! Yipee!:cool1:

We are so excited and the kids have a count down calendar going. We are your neighbors and live in Chino Hills. We are not staying in Long Beach the night before..mainly because my 3 kids will be busy all night trying to get all of their school work done so they won't have to take any on the cruise! Can't wait!!!!

Hope we will get to meet you guys! I am totally looking forward to this vacation!

So originally my DDs and I were on deck 2 and my DH and DS were on deck 6. Today I called and was able to move our room to the same deck (plus we saved a few hundred dollars..yippee). So now are rooms are:

Dani (me), Sierra DD age 13 and Avery DD age 7
room 6583

and

Steve DH, and Tyler DS age 11
room 6019 (not 2573 that we had originally)

also the original price of our rooms went down so Disney issued us a refund and we didn't even know it.

Please if someone can put together a final list of FE I would love it. And do we do gifts everyday, or just once?

We just got our pirate stuff together (puffy shirts and all)!

Does anyone know if plastic swords or muskets are allowed or are play weapons prohibited?

We just got our pirate stuff together (puffy shirts and all)!

Does anyone know if plastic swords or muskets are allowed or are play weapons prohibited?

I saw some kids play with plastic sword and they sell it in the ship too... So, I think, its allowed

We got glow stick swords at Michael's. They should be fun!!

yeah its absolutely fun. I bring some glow from michael too and I saw some of kids use it too....

Tried to be on the deck early. The best spot is on the drink station side. There is a lot of food on pirate party night.

I updated my personal list so I hope others will do the same for you. Nice that you got a refund :) can't ever complain about getting money back! As for your FE question- my family plans on doing each family ONE time during the cruise, with gifts for each family member. There do not seem to be rules about this... It's all your personal choice. No matter what you give, how many or how often, the gifts themselves will be appreciated!

Can't wait to meet everyone! We leave Wednesday for DLR. Is anyone else going to be there before the cruise?? We could do a pre- 'cruise meet' meet!
So originally my DDs and I were on deck 2 and my DH and DS were on deck 6. Today I called and was able to move our room to the same deck (plus we saved a few hundred dollars..yippee). So now are rooms are:

Dani (me), Sierra DD age 13 and Avery DD age 7
room 6583

and

Steve DH, and Tyler DS age 11
room 6019 (not 2573 that we had originally)

also the original price of our rooms went down so Disney issued us a refund and we didn't even know it.

Please if someone can put together a final list of FE I would love it. And do we do gifts everyday, or just once?

Here is the updated list for everyone. I think I got all of the changes but please let me know if something is worng or gets changed. I will print copies on Friday and bring them to the meet for everyone on Sunday.

1039 Familyfun5
Joleen (F), Gary (M), Jackson (M, 2), Sailor (F, 1)

2039 Familyfun5
Jennifer (F), Dorthy (F), Seth (M, 13), Mac (M, 12)

2610 MammaSue
Susan (F, Birthday 2/11), James (M), Jameson (M, Age 3)

5640 Goofy39.3
Heather (F), Adam (M), Max (M, Age 3)

6019 DaniS
Steve (M), Ty (M, Age 11)

6580 MeganHoward
Megan (F), Lucky (M, Age 6)

6583 DaniS
Dani (F), Sierra (F, Age 13), Avery (F, Age 7)

6588 did22527
Ivie (F), Michele (F), Davis (M, Age 5)

6600 MeganHoward
Donna (F), Bonnie (F)

6602 MeganHoward
Susan (F), Amy (F)

7500 bethnkatesmom
Dawn (F), Pete (M), Bethany (F, Age 7), Kaitlyn (F, Age 7)

8016 twohsieh
Tina (F), Brian (M), Ryder (M, Age 5), Hunter (M, Age 3), Kiara (F, 1-1/2)

8042 moomy-san
Roxeanne (F), Mike (M), Mikhaila (F, Age 10), Dannan (F, Age 6)

8050 Nuckles
Dan (M), Jennifer (F), Devin (F, Age 6), Camryn (F, Age 3)

8538 53-tink
Andrea (F), Phil (M), Katelin (F, Age 9), Heather (F, Age 6)

8540 53-tink
Karyn (F), Jeff (M), Ashely (F, Age 6), James (M, Age 5)

8554 MeganHoward
Diane (F), Kayleigh (F, Age 8), Grant (M, Age 6), TJ (M, Age 4)

The final numbers
17 Staterooms
57 People
30 Adults 27 Children (13 M and 14 F)

Thanks for the updated list!! You 'so totally rock, dude' (had to channel my inner Crush there :))
I can't wait to meet everyone! My kids keep looking over the list looking for kids their age.

Ditto. Thanks for the list! I'm going to go through all my FE goodies and pick up any extras I need today. Yesterday my Mom brought me the FE she made for us. It's so cute! Gotta get packing too. Wish me luck on getting everything to fit in our luggage and not forgetting anything. :cutie:
See y'all in a few days.

I just made a room switch and I really hope that I did the right thing. I actually downgraded from a 9A to 9C which meant us moving from the 7th floor to the 2nd floor. We are actually the same room just five floors down so we moved from 7500 to 2500.

I am really worried about one of my daughters with motion sickness and we were all the way in the front of the ship so I am hoping that being on a lower deck will help her. Everything that I read says that it helps to be lower in the ship and middle. Middle seems to sold out so I am hoping that lower will help. It saved us some money but I just hope that I made the right decions because now I am second guessing myself. I feel like I just gave up the perfect room by being a worry wart.

I just made a room switch and I really hope that I did the right thing. I actually downgraded from a 9A to 9C which meant us moving from the 7th floor to the 2nd floor. We are actually the same room just five floors down so we moved from 7500 to 2500.

I am really worried about one of my daughters with motion sickness and we were all the way in the front of the ship so I am hoping that being on a lower deck will help her. Everything that I read says that it helps to be lower in the ship and middle. Middle seems to sold out so I am hoping that lower will help. It saved us some money but I just hope that I made the right decions because now I am second guessing myself. I feel like I just gave up the perfect room by being a worry wart.
I have heard lower is better, middle is best when it comes to smooth sailing. We are on the same deck (2) in the middle. I booked it back in May and never gave it a second thought. It's our first cruise so I figure there can only be room for improvement if we decide to cruise again. Honestly thinking about our stateroom is low on the priority list for me and I get a little motion sickness too. I'm more worried about what to wear, pack, whether my son is going to get sensory overload, booking excursions, buying FE goodies, and on and on. I think no matter where you're room is it will work out fine. Don't sweat it :thumbsup2

Only over a week! WOW! Can't wait for this vacation from the cold. It is about 20 degrees right now! With a dusting of chilly snow!:confused:

I'm packing tomorrow! Hope everything fits! We are coming from Columbus Ohio too. We live in Worthington.

We live in the southwest side between Hilliard and Grove City - Galloway... :) Cannot wait to get out of this cold weather either. It's been a long awful winter so far!

Hi! We've been enjoying the board, but are just posting for the first time...
We're coming in from Cincinnati and are wondering if the weather's going to be a factor for you in Columbus (calling for ice tonight (Monday) here...) We're connecting through Atlanta, so hopefully we'll avoid any lingering weather issues. Anyone else thinking the weather's a concern? Thanks!

Hi! We've been enjoying the board, but are just posting for the first time...
We're coming in from Cincinnati and are wondering if the weather's going to be a factor for you in Columbus (calling for ice tonight (Monday) here...) We're connecting through Atlanta, so hopefully we'll avoid any lingering weather issues. Anyone else thinking the weather's a concern? Thanks!

Welcome! Weather is one of my main concerns right now. We are flying from Michigan with a connection at Ohare (not one of my favorite air ports). Luckily we are leaving Saturday and everything should be clear by then but I am still nervous.
Think I finally figured out tonight what to bring and how to fit it into suitcases.

Friday was near record highs. Today is very cold. Wind chill right now is -12 not very common for us. Tomorrow is a high of 0 or -2, but that is technicalities and without wind chill. Wind chill tomorrow is expected to be -10 to -40. Funny many people get this regularly, how do you all do it? ;) Common Mexico brings me warm weather.:yay:

We fly a few days prior precisely to account for snow issues.

Funny we are in Colorado and tomorrow everything is closed. We hardly have snow. That said a few school busses had accidents today. My son’s bus alone nearly crashed and he witnessed a crash right in front of the bus. My car even slid down my drive this afternoon. :laughing: Makes me love the summer!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter