Wonder 9/16 Trip of a lifetime - to the USA and beyond!

dennes

Mouseketeer
Gidday all
At long last I will post our introduction for our trip report. We have planned a trip of a lifetime for our family.

First things first - who are we again?
My name is Deb (36) and my hubby and I (mike - 38) love the USA (we live in NewZealan :-) ) 11 Years ago, we arrived in Florida 9 Hours before 9/11. We sent a month watching your beloved country mourn the loses. My DH at the time, was a volunteer firefighter and the whole event rocked us to the core.

Upon coming home, the planning wheels started to whirr again to return to your beautiful country. I had seen the beautiful cruise ship at PC and kicked myself that we couldnt cruise - litte did I know that 11 years later, my dream was to come true.

In between chnages in jobs, two little bypoys arriving on the scene and an entire house renovation, the funds nor timing was there to return to Disneyland and California.

Fast Forward to 2011 and my parents in law returned from their seventh trip to the USA. They cruised Alaska and went to LA and Hawaii. They decided that they would like to pay the children's airfares so we can all meet up for a family holiday. Who were we to say no :-)

DH spent time at the TA while I was away for work, and he comes home to say.... Lets go on a Disney Cruise. Again - how could I say no!

Over the last three months, the plan has completely unfolded - we, DH, Ceejay (9), Koby (5) and I are haeding off in just over a week :-)

Trip planning has been no where near plain sailing. The disney cruise part was simpe the rest?? disaster after disaster - and that was booking with a TA!

Stay posted as I take you through our ups and downs of the trip!

Bumping this PTR - we are sailing on the 9/23 CA Coast cruise so I am excited to hear about your pre-trip planning and cruise experience.

How sad that your last trip here to US coincided with 9/11. It was an awful period for the country, but I believe it united the nation during those first few months, so hopefully you witnessed something positive as well.

Your kids are the perfect ages for cruising - my kids (11, 9, and 8) are excited, but probably not half as excited as me! Looking forward to reading about your adventures... Keep us updated!

Well since my last report in, we have received the news that out TA has been fired - for so done who plans everything to a T (I am a teacher!) It freaked me out!

Especially coming from so far away eek eek and eeeeeeeek!

The good thing is we have flights and cruise booked :-) the most important as far as I am concerned!

So out itinery as of now is...
9/5-9/10 ANAHEIM BABY!!!!! three day park hopper (Not enough IMHO) but it means I can plan another trip right? - won't leave it 11 years this time!

9/10-9/13 Hollywood - seeing family and doing universal studios

9/13-9/15 Carlsbad - Legoland :-)

9/15-9/16 LA - accom near LAX - so we can get shuttle from airport :-)

9/16 -9/23 ummmmm I have forgotten... must look back at itinery.... hang on one moment..... oh that's right WE ARE GOING ON THE CRUISE!!!!!!!!!!! Lol

9/23 - night near LAX and then we go home... boo hoo hoo hooo.........

So there we are, I'll be back to tell you how we planned what we decided to do. Just off to email our new TA to check on progress :-)

PS we leave home in nine daysssssssssss yes!!!!!!!!

Subbing :cool1:

I'm also from New Zealand and my mum, sister and I are booked on the cruise after yours! Sooo exciting!! cant wait to hear about your trip :banana:

we are planning on booking the oct. 7 cruise. looking forward to hearing about your experience!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter