Won a cruise! Unlimited Funds! Help me book

Thanks, but I'm not worried about any tax situation. This post has gotten way off topic. I asked my question, got answers and now people are stuck on taxes. SMDH.

I think everyone here is just trying to look out for you and is concerned on your behalf because you employer seems to be telling you things that do not make sense: i.e., that this is a nontaxable business trip when it seems very possible you would have to pay a tax bill on it, and that you should go ahead and pre-pay things like gratuity and port excursions at the time of reservation when the truth is those are not truly bookable at the time of the reservation since they will not be billed until you are on board (and asking Disney to pay shipboard credit in advance does not seem like something Disney would agree to since you could theoretically just cancel the activities and pocket the cash). We just don't want you to be stuck with a big tax bill and a big host of unreimbursed charges to your shipboard account because you are getting bad info.

The reason I mentioned the different beds like that was partly because the pull-down bunk is rated for a certain weight and intended for kids and I seem to recall that the sofa bed was easier for a taller adult to "fit on" than the Murphy bed... Could be wrong on that piece, though.
It would have to be a pretty big kid to exceed the maximum weight on the bunk bed.

Adults can be easily over that weight, though... So, I mentioned that the bunk is intended for kids.

To specifically answer your initial questions:

Can we do both the dolphin encounter and white house beach with lunch in the same day at Grand Cayman? Not likely, at least not directly though DCL. DCL requires a 2-hour minimum buffer between excursions. You can book independently if you so wish.

Is there an alcohol package I can book? No, not really. There are wine and beer packages that can be ordered through Online Gifts, but I don't think that would be considered as part of the reservation booking as it's processed separately.

Is there any 5 person Verandah room midship that is better than another? I can't say

Can I book a pack and play or crib at reservation time? Yes, that can be noted at booking (it will be a pack-n-play)

What else can I book now? You can ask to have the standard gratuities added to the reservation to be paid in advance (this only covers the staterooms host and your dining team); you may want insurance added; ground transfers can be booked now; DCL can book pre- and/or post-cruise hotel stay; DCL can book your airfare.

Unless you are booking a date within 75 days, you will not be able to book excursions or onboard activities right away. Pre-paying to your onboard account can be done at any point, but I don't believe that would be part of the reservation as it's processed separately like the Online Gifts.

Enjoy your cruise!

In reference to "Is there any 5 person Verandah room midship that is better than another?", you may have a quieter cabin if you pick one without a connecting door. I would also look at cruise deck plans.com to see what is above and below the cabins that you are considering.
:teleport:

In reference to "Is there any 5 person Verandah room midship that is better than another?", you may have a quieter cabin if you pick one without a connecting door. I would also look at cruise deck plans.com to see what is above and below the cabins that you are considering.
:teleport:

To be fair, no door does not guarantee you will not hear the people next door. I was literally awakened by a person snoring in a non-connecting cabin one time. Not sure what happened the other nights, but it was just that once.

Could an adult that weighs much less than that comfortably fit ? Or is the height of the bunk an issue?

It is the length of a regular bed. I'm 5'6 and had no issues up there. You climb up the ladder and get in bed. I'm not one to sit up, but I don't remember it being a huge issue.

You can order spa services in advance, but I’m not certain whether it can be done at the time of booking. Might be worth looking into.

Congrats! If the trip is coming from Disney, as opposed to something being offered and paid for by your employer, you may have a tougher time squeezing in some of the "paid in advance" items. Gratuities, beverages, spa services, excursions are all charged to your onboard account (though you can prepay gratuities and additional money can be paid in advance as an onboard credit) and may not be covered by prize. Definitely double check the terms of the offer. Also, if there will be 5 in your stateroom, I recommend skipping the pack n play and using the sofa bed for the 2-year old. The top of the sofa folds down to create a twin size bed and your room host can add a bed rail if you'd like. If you've never cruised before, you may be surprised by the size of the stateroom and floor space will be very limited. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter