• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wolfgang Puck Express

ReallyFunMom said:
All the tables are outside, right? I so wanted to try out this place for lunch but didn't think DH would want to eat out in the heat so we stayed inside DQ to have CS lunch there. Wasn't bad but did want to try out WGP Express! Didn't make it to EOS either which I heard was good but I rationalized that at least I didn't have any CS lines to deal with!
there are seats inside and i was lucky enough to get of them so its a must do i will be back more then once on next trip

we ate there 3 times during our trip last week! just try to get there early, or the line can get long and if you are looking for an indoor table, you won't find one.

Is this on the dining plan, and if so- is it considered a table or a counter service place? Thanks

Yes, it's considered CS, with 2 exclusions-- ravioli and one other (both are in the $10+ range, I think).

We totally agree. This was a great place and better than some of out ts places. We ate here 3 times on our 9 day trip! It was just great!!

Well DH and I must be in the minority because we didn't really enjoy our meal here. We ordered the roast chicken with mash and the linguini bolognese and waited about 20 minutes for it. The linguini was ok but the chicken was terrible - no flavour at all. We eat a lot of rotisserie chicken (especially Nando's...yummy!) and this was probably on par with something I might get at Tesco's (a grocery store) at the end of the night. Very disappointing.

Also, for dessert you have very little option, it was either a gigantic cookie or an even more gigantic chocolate brownie that was like a brick, really bulky and again, no flavour.

We might try it again and have a pizza or some soup but only if we happened to be at DTD again when we're hungry and had no dining reservations. Hope you have better luck there!

Booknut said:
Also, for dessert you have very little option, it was either a gigantic cookie or an even more gigantic chocolate brownie that was like a brick, really bulky and again, no flavour.

We had the creme brulee that was incredible! :thumbsup2

maddhatir said:
We had the creme brulee that was incredible! :thumbsup2

Sadly our surly server told us that on the dining plan we could only have a cookie or brownie neither of which was very good. Oh well :rolleyes1

Booknut said:
Sadly our surly server told us that on the dining plan we could only have a cookie or brownie neither of which was very good. Oh well :rolleyes1

awww man! Thats just wrong! :sad2:

I was hoping to find a WGPExpress near my home- I really enjoyed my lunch there. Too bad I'll have to wait for a return trip to eat there again.

This was also one of best CS meals. We had BBQ Chicken Salad, Turkey Sandwich, and kids Chicken strips. All were great. We were able to get the creme brulee on the dining plan, but it was more like pudding than brulee. The tropical iced tea was good too.

GIGI&MIMI said:
This was also one of best CS meals. We had BBQ Chicken Salad, Turkey Sandwich, and kids Chicken strips. All were great. We were able to get the creme brulee on the dining plan, but it was more like pudding than brulee. The tropical iced tea was good too.

OMG! the iced tea was awesome! It was mango. I despise mangos- but I went back for refills on that stuff! :thumbsup2

Are you allowed to get the bbq or rosemary chicken on the dining plan? I heard they have restrictions here.

mickeysgirl17 said:
Are you allowed to get the bbq or rosemary chicken on the dining plan? I heard they have restrictions here.

We ate there the last week of Sept and was told the only restrictions were the ravioli and meat loaf.

We had a ham sandwich, two chicken bolognese, three mango teas, and three creme brulee. All were very good! We were able to get a table inside which was nice. While waiting for our order the server came by with the most gigantic, creamy looking bowl of macaroni and cheese I've ever seen. It looked delicious. I'm going back in Dec just to try that macaroni and cheese.

I will take my Butternut Squash Soup with a side of surly if that is the only way I can get it. :cool1:

I am not a soup person and certainly not one who would feel that $6-7 would be an appropriate price for ONE bowl of SOUP however this is an exception. :lovestruc

I have the recipe. Only bad thing is that it makes a gallon or more. Anyone want to come over and help me eat it? :dance3:

Slightly Goofy

They are not very friendly to people on the dining plan. Our counter service man was rude to me. When I asked for creme brulee (one for each entree) -- he said "Two?!" and I said "yes".

Never a smile, did not feel welcome, did not feel like Disney.

Our server was great - we gave her a tip and let he know we appreciated her good service. Food was OK -- kinda ruined by the "bad vibe" thrown by the counter service guy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter