WL Villa location...

Crazy4Disney43611

Mouseketeer
I had heard that the WL Villas are offset from the main area of WL, is this correct? If so how far away are they from the main pool and main area of the resort? Any info would be appreciated...thanks, Sean

"Offset" is the correct word. If the main lodge fell over on its side, I think it would hit the villas -- they're that close together. The villas pool is the resort's quiet pool. I think it would take longer to walk around the active pool than it would take to walk from the quiet pool to the active pool.

WL and VWL are a small resort, in comparison to others. On the map the boat ramp to MK and Contemporary is at the top middle of the page (it looks to be completely opposite the villas and is ~ 5minute walk). The boat ramp for the Sea Raycers and other rental boats is close to the villas.

The bus stop is directly to the left of the villas on the map --- it's actually closer to the villas than the main lodge. The front door of the villas is a 1-2 minute walk to the lodge, with a covered walkway.

There is a short cut from the main pool through WL so you don't have to walk around the wing. I'm not sure if that door is unlocked if you're coming from the villas side --- it may be during the day --- just can't remember.

We love WL and hope you have a great trip!

Are there different views available for the villas that can be requested? Are the villas all extrernal entrances or like at OKW or can you enter the rooms from the inside of the building? Last, is the pool good for a toddler that doesn't swim well yet? I know that SSR and BCV have areas for the little ones...anything like that here? Thanks, Sean

VWL doesn't have separate views available for booking. Our last room had a small view of the lake, so there are some rooms like that, but it is a substantially obstructed view, and most rooms just have a nice woodlands view. VWL is a regular hotel building; no external entrances, but rather a central hallway, just like WL itself.

You can request waterview or pool view. There's very few rooms with pool view that also look out to the lake. Most waterview rooms look to the trees and you might get to see some of the lake through the trees. You could also see animals in the woods :-)
The opposite site of the building overlooks the bus stop area, but there's trees, also. Some people think the hallway is long (so request a room near the elevator if you feel the need), but this is still a small resort compared to other properties. Some of the rooms near the elevator will face the pool / lake, some will face the WL, and some will face the bus stop area.

Some people with little kids like 1st floor rooms, but VWL isn't set up as well as some other resorts ----- there's just a small patio area outside the slider. There's lots of shrubs (think woodsy), and not an area to play, like the CR or Poly. There are also a few 1st floor rooms right by the front entryway to VWL, and those wouldn't offer much privacy.

It's a very quiet, serene and peaceful resort. If you zoom in on the Google map (which I LOVE, by the way), you might be able to see the detail more and see how few rooms overlook the pool, where the bus stop is, and that there's LOTS of trees. The covered walkway from WL goes to the front door of VWL.

I believe the main pool also has a kiddie pool, but sounds like your child might be a little older. The main pool is roped off for the deeper section (that has a 'current' you can swim against) and the area for kids ---- I never go on that side so don't know how shallow it is. There's a small slide ---- nothing like Stormalong Bay --- and it comes out into the shallow side of the pool. There's no zero entry areas or sandy areas. The quiet pool is by the villas, and it has various depths, but I can't remember how deep the shallow end is ---- ???? 3 feet. There's steps to get in it, and this pool is usually less crowded, so it would seem great for someone who doesn't swim too well.

I believe there's a playground area on the beach by the boat rental dock (but have never been with little kids, so don't really pay attention). I love to take the smaller boats over to Fort Wilderness (petting zoo) or the Contemporary (additional restaurant choices) when the weather is nice.

Hi I am jumping on with a question too, hope you dont mind. I have heard that there are rooms at the Wilerness Lodge that can get quite noisy. Are there any rooms at the Villas where the noise can be a problem. We will be traveling with 2 2 year olds in January. They dont need absolute quite, but they will not fall asleep for a nap or at night if they think they are missing something, especially swimming.

Hey Runningthrudisney...anywhere at the lodge should be fine for 22 year olds...sorry just my attempt at hu,or...have a wonderful trip

No, you won't have any noise problems at the villas. The noise complaints are mostly about the main lodge and certain rooms proximity to WCC.

We stayed at the WL last year and loved it. We didn't have a noise problem but we were no where near WCC. This year we are staying at the WLV. We check in on Thursday so I'll be able to report on that in about 2 weeks. We have little ones and including a DS2 and they all love the main pool. The slide is the perfect size for them. We plan on using water wings on our 2 year old. We'll be checking in on Thursday. :banana: :banana:

the service area you don't want to be near.

so ask for any of the villa along the lake side - all the best views are on the lake side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter