WL Standard View

bgt2005

Earning My Ears
Hi all, this is my first post, happy to be aboard.

I have a question that I hope y'all can help me with. We're planning a trip to the Wilderness lodge in July with a standard view and curious what requests we should make for our room location.

I've read various accounts. Some say the rooms facing north are best, others say those are above a service area with trucks constantly making deliveries. Some say rooms facing south are best, others say those rooms overlook unattractive rooftops. I realize there will be a negative with any standard view, but obviously we'd like to request the best standard view possible.

Very excited to stay at the Wilderness Lodge and complete the US Disney Peter Dominick trio!!!

Thanks bgt2005 for asking the question. We too booked a standard view room and I'm trying to find the best room possible. I've read several posts that mention the views from rooms 6032, 5032 and 4032 but have no clue what category these rooms are in.
Somebody please help! :earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsboy: :earsgirl: :hourglass

4fromNoCal said:
Thanks bgt2005 for asking the question. We too booked a standard view room and I'm trying to find the best room possible. I've read several posts that mention the views from rooms 6032, 5032 and 4032 but have no clue what category these rooms are in.

The rooms you have listed are all Woods View rooms with the room 6032 being in the smoking section on the 6th floor.

This is the information we have on the Standard Views over on the Wilderness lodge FAQ Thread:

STANDARD ROOMS: All Non-Smoking rooms with 2 Queen Beds.
Located on Floors 4,5 & 6. On the North(MK) side, they face the service area. There are also 4th floor rooms that overlook the lobby and look out to roof peaks.

The standard rooms that face toward MK are located over the service areas but if you are on the 5th or 6th floor unless you look straight down from the balcony you wouldn't see it and may not hear any noise from the deliveries. I have stayed near these rooms on the 7th floor (concierge) and never had any complaints.

Hope this helps.
Beckie

So, do I take it that there are NO standard rooms with 1 queen and bunk beds? If that is the case, I sure hope they upgrade us to a view that has bunk beds!

Duds

i booked a standard room at the WL for august with the request for bunkbeds and they said it was fine. they never mentioned the standard rooms not having bunkbeds. THe only thing i did realize was after making hte ressie over the phone i called 2 other times and neither time that had our request down for the bunkbeds but they did for the guard rails. Anyone one more about this? :confused3

We just got back on Sat from the WL.

We had a standard view booked. We were in room 1028. It was really close to thefood court which worked well for us. It had a lovely patio that we could sit out on & watch the birds & ducks. We also had a great view of the MK fireworks!

Most importantly, the room was quiet. We never heard a thing except when people would yell directly outside out door (which would happen in any room in the hotel).

I just called WDW reservations inquiring about WL standard view and they told me none of the standard view rooms have balconies - is this true? ::MickeyMo

We had 6054 in April '02. It didn't have bunkbeds. It was over the famed loading/unloading area, although we never heard any loading/unloading. It is also over the Lodge's HVAC system so you hear the fan if you open the balcony door (but not with door closed). That's the bad. The good was we had views of Cinderella's Castle, Space Mountain, the Contemporary, the GF, the Poly, and the Main Street Train Station, and a completely unobstructed view of the MK fireworks.

It was a non-smoking room then, and, yes, it did have a balcony.

I also booked a Std room with a bunkbed request.
Does anyone know how many Std Rooms with Bunk Beds exist? How about woods view with Bunks. My 2 little princesses are really looking forward to the bunks.

Thanks to all who responded.

Sounds like there are only a few standard view rooms at WL and they either overlook the service area/general direction of the seven seas lagoon and MK or open onto the lobby and overlook rooftops. Both sound like they have some good and some bad aspects.

Bottom line to me seems to be that the only request worth making at check-in within the standard view category is to be on a high floor to offset the influence of the service area. Cool.

Thanks again for all the help. See you on Space Mountain!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter