Wk of Mar 16 - WISH Walking/Running Club

chimera

<font color=deeppink>WISH Racing Team Member<br><f
Hello everyone!

For those new to us, we are a group of people who are planning to participate in walking/running events throughout the year. For most of us, the ultimate goal is to train and compete in the annual WDW Half/Full marathons. We'll also be posting news and training for various other events throughout the year. We range from non-running beginners to triathletes. Come join us, whether you're training for an event or walking/running for fitness!

TigerLily03 said:
New WISH Team members. If you read one thing over and over, believe this. Being part of this team is fantastic. Part of the ride you get for the event is what I call the roller coaster. There will be lots of ups and downs. The more you post here, the more you will find yourself enjoying the ride. It is an incredible journey. Don't be afraid, shy or whatever to come here and just post up anything. You don't have to know us right away, or all of us at all. You will get to know some of us. It makes the event you are enjoying have MORE meaning and we love to have you.

WWDave's 2008 Miles and Minutes Team Threads:

Master Game Roster

Master Game Spreadsheet

Donald's Defiant Dashers Team Challenge

BUZZ's Brigade - TEAM CHALLENGE - POST MILES/HOURS HERE

Hakuna Matata Team Challenge Hours/Miles

Super Goofs Team 4 Miles Challenge

TEAM FIVE: Herc's Heroes--Post miles/hours here!

TEAM #6: OHANA-No One Gets Left Behind:Post your miles/hours here

Walt's Warriors (Team 7) Miles and Hours

Team 8 Jessica's Rabbits Bios and Info

hey everyone! I'm still trying to get over my cold. Haven't run in nearly 2 weeks, though I was able to do some running today, only about 2 min at a time. I managed to aggravate my PF doing easy recovery stuff :confused3

Glad most of our Atlanta WISHers came through okay. Carol, are you out there?

Cecilia...that weather sounds exactly like a hurricane!

HIJeff...great tri training for your DD!

Stacie...congrats on the 305!

Amy...glad you got your groove back.

Shan...congrats on your 12 miler! Sounds like you're all set for your race!

Background info: during the full, Jen and I discussed commemorating our race finish. I kinda felt like the full was a beast to be slain. Realistically, with my foot issues, I don't know if I'll be able to train for another full, so this is what I did today...(please no fainting :faint: )
Mel's Big Adventure

Hey this is great I get to come on the club thread and run around before anyone else gets here, WHEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Ok that was refreshing, Have a super weekend y'all.

Happy Panda:hippie:

Mel: WOW!! That is a pretty cool Tattoo. Always thought about doing alittle shamrock or something.

On to do 4 miles today, starting my training for the Minnie after doing a 5K event yesterday. It's a balmy 72degrees at 7:25am, could only get warmer from here. (That's also why, in Florida, they start all their running/walking events early in the morning-to beat the heat)

Have a great day everyone.

OMG Mel! That's awesome! :thumbsup2

No training today. Heading out to the boonies to celebrate my niece Molly's (the one from American Inventor) and my uncle Craig's birthdays. They are both St. Patrick's Day babies - you'd think we were irish or something. :confused3 :laughing:

Mel -

Wow! A beast to be tamed! I like it. I gave momentary thought to a tiny Mickey head with 26.2 inside but I am way to much of a wimp to get a tattoo.

morning teammates! I'm actually going to attempt a LR for the first time since Disney. It will also be my first run back outside as well. Nervous, but don't know why. Oh well, I'll get out there directly

Mel--super cool!:worship: WISH I had enough nerve to get one!

Cool tattoo, Mel! I'm saving my first tattoo for a red M dot (who knows if it'll ever happen). But if I ever finish an IM, that's the tattoo for me! :goodvibes

No training for me lately. Too many changes going on and I'm trying to get everything in order. My next scheduled race is a 10K in June, so I still have a little time to get ready.

Terri

Cool Mel! :thumbsup2
You rock! :rockband:

I have been contemplating getting another tattoo for quite awhile now. Something Disney, something with my girls' names, I just don't know! :confused3 I have a butterfly on my back I got when I was in high school and I hate it! (Turns out Mom was right! :lmao: )

DH has a Sorcerer Mickey, Jiminy Cricket and a heart with our girls' names in it. He is always trying to convince me he needs another one. :sad2: He loves Donald so I thought it would be cool if he got Donald running after we do the half - kinda combine his love of Donald and running together. Does anyone have a pic of this?

DH took our Peachtree applications to the post office last night! :woohoo:

Did anyone see the pics of the World Congress Center?!? I wonder where they'll move the ING Georgia Expo to now? :confused3

Shan - congrats on getting the applications in the mail!! good luck! Also...as of now, the expo is still being held there. I get regular updates on the stuff downtown and the GWCC is only closed through today...according to them, all events scheduled are still taking place (except for the ones yesterday and today).

Shan - congrats on getting the applications in the mail!! good luck! Also...as of now, the expo is still being held there. I get regular updates on the stuff downtown and the GWCC is only closed through today...according to them, all events scheduled are still taking place (except for the ones yesterday and today).

Wow... Have you seen the pics? It looks trashed! They said on the TV that they estimate $100 million to fix up the GWCC alone!

Cool tattoo, Mel! I'm saving my first tattoo for a red M dot (who knows if it'll ever happen). But if I ever finish an IM, that's the tattoo for me! :goodvibes

No training for me lately. Too many changes going on and I'm trying to get everything in order. My next scheduled race is a 10K in June, so I still have a little time to get ready.

Terri

Please excuse my dumbness, but what is a Red M? Also what is an IM?

Confused Panda:hippie:

I'm also curious as to what a Red M and an IM are??:confused3

STEPHANIE: You go girl, get out there and go for it!! Your sure to fell great when its over!

VERY nice Tattoo Mel...I may just copy that a bit for the M dot...doesn't seem appropriate to have a dragon toasting a 1/2 M dot, but thats what I'm training for now (two weeks and 16 workouts down!)

Yesterday was a 90 minute ride and today was a 50 minute run. I only got to 4.5 miles on the run, but it was cold and I haven't run outside in a while...enough with the excuses, I get almost 48 hours off...:banana:

As far as recovery nutrition, what seems to be working really well is a big glass of water, a bagel with peanut butter, and a shake made of a cup of soy milk, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 4-5 frozen strawberries and a whole banana...I also put in a tablespoon or two of some Ghiradelli's (spelling?) hot cocoa mix to make it yummylicious.

Have a wonderful day/week all!

Mike

P.S. Most of you likely know about this, but since I don't train with a Garmin, this is a nice site for determining mileage, etc if you can remember the turns you take...

walkjogrun.net/

Red M dot is the IronMan logo...I can't post links or upload files yet, but if you google "Ironman Logo" you will get a bunch of hits...

:thumbsup2 Cool Tattoo! :thumbsup2

I used to think about a small tattoo, but always chickened out. :)

Today's supposed to be an 8 miler and the weather isn't cooperating, which means the dreadmill. :sad1:

That is such a cool tattoo! I've been pondering one for a while -- if I ever do get one, I may borrow copiously from your design....

So, now that it seems this thread is calming down a little from the post-marathon fever-pitch, i am going to try once again to keep up and not just read but maybe even post some!

And to start off, I have a bizarro question (but maybe not as bizarre as the request for a picture of port-o-potty city, and you guys came up with those in no time flat). Does anyone remember any of the messages on the Sharpie signs along the race route? The only ones I can recall are "How deep would the ocean be if it didn't have all those sponges" and "I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol." I remember seeing a photo someone posted about drunk ants always falling to the left, and that cracked up my kids, who have now been badgering me about what other pearls of wisdom there were, and my not-so-young brain is drawing a blank. So if anyone has any they remember, I would be grateful (and I might get a moment's peace from my sons).

Glad to see/hear from those in the tornado zone who have checked in safe and sound. Hope everyone is okay and we hear from teh MIAs soon! Such scary stuff...

Off for a (hopefully) 5-miler. Its looking like rain though, and I am too wimpy to deal with cold and rainy. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

That is such a cool tattoo! I've been pondering one for a while -- if I ever do get one, I may borrow copiously from your design....

So, now that it seems this thread is calming down a little from the post-marathon fever-pitch, i am going to try once again to keep up and not just read but maybe even post some!

And to start off, I have a bizarro question (but maybe not as bizarre as the request for a picture of port-o-potty city, and you guys came up with those in no time flat). Does anyone remember any of the messages on the Sharpie signs along the race route? The only ones I can recall are "How deep would the ocean be if it didn't have all those sponges" and "I drive way too fast to worry about my cholesterol." I remember seeing a photo someone posted about drunk ants always falling to the left, and that cracked up my kids, who have now been badgering me about what other pearls of wisdom there were, and my not-so-young brain is drawing a blank. So if anyone has any they remember, I would be grateful (and I might get a moment's peace from my sons).

Glad to see/hear from those in the tornado zone who have checked in safe and sound. Hope everyone is okay and we hear from teh MIAs soon! Such scary stuff...

Off for a (hopefully) 5-miler. Its looking like rain though, and I am too wimpy to deal with cold and rainy. Hope everyone's week is off to a good start.

Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

What happend to Preparations A-G?

:)

Good morning everyone. I completely lost track of last week's thread and I really hope to do better this week. A couple LTO interruptions should be subsiding soon. I've got a few bits of news, which I'll try to summarize briefly...

First, so far so good, in my attempts to switch from walking to running. I'm really sore these days, but not injured. On Friday, I had a PR (5 miles at 11:13 pace). On Saturday, I was able to go 10 miles at a 11:35 pace. It may not sound like much, but I'm hopeful I might actually be able to complete my upcoming HM in 2:30 or better. Knock on wood, I remain without injury.

Next, (pardon a small mommy boast) it's been a big week for DS15. He's been nominated to the NHS and he made the track team. :cool1: :banana: Between the two, track was the bigger challenge. He's more of a long distance XC guy. So, the tryouts had us a little nervous. On the day of final cuts he came home with a relay baton and instructions to practice passing it. :confused3 What? Like around the dinner table?? I think they've got him slated for 4x800 and the 1600. His NHS application is due 3/17 and we'll find out by 4/1 if he's accepted. :love2:

Last, but not least, DD13's fractured shoulder seems to be fully healed. She actually slept on her "broken" side last night and proudly announced this morning that it didn't hurt. :cool1:

Have a great week, everyone. :)

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter