• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

With a Heavy Heart

So sorry about the loss of Robin. She had such a gift at writing. She could make me laugh all day.
Deepest sympathies to the family
LYMI

Very sad news to wake up to. I found this post she wrote on another site a few ago. Very touching, especially with this news.

http://www.squidoo.com/loveyameanit
What is Love Ya, Mean It?
This is a quick explanation of what "Love Ya, Mean It" really is all about.

Love Ya, Mean It is a blog I own but it has become much more than that. It's a part of me, my family, my friends and my life. It's not just a blog to me, it IS me. The biggest part of me.

Love ya, mean it started off as a sarcastic remark between my family, my friends and me when we were irritated with each other. We started saying it to each other on a Disney vacation we took that got ugly fast.

It turned quickly into a way of saying "I love you as much as I possibly can without dropping dead".

It's impossible to have a good solid fight and stay mad at someone who says "Love ya, mean it" in the middle of it. Kind of breaks up the flow of the fight, you know what I mean?

I do my best to bring as much laughter into the lives of people who read my work. Not everything I write is a "out of the park - home run" but I've had a few good ones land.

Sometimes, I pour out my heart and my hurts out to my readers too. Because I opened so much myself and my life to them, I discovered someone I never knew.

Myself.

As a person, I am incredibly shy and mostly unsure of myself. I just know I'm going to open my mouth and end up with my foot up to my knee in my mouth. I come up with the dumbest things sometimes. Luckily, people think it's a joke. They don't always get that I'm really an idiot.

As a writer, I'll tell you anything you want to know. I have told the entire world that during one of our vacations, I couldn't find my panties. My husband and I had done a load of laundry. While it washed and dried, he and I hung out by the pool.

The following morning I had no panties. I'm not accusing anyone of stealing my panties, I just know I had some in the wash the night before and they were gone.

I couldn't imagine anyone stealing used underwear. I also hadn't noticed anyone walking around with a handful of panties either so I can't point fingers at anyone.

I blame the dryer for being too hot and disintegrating them or something. Whatever happened to them, they were gone.

I needed to wear underwear. I couldn't get dressed without underwear because it is the starting point of getting dressed, so I wore my husbands.

His daughter, who I think was about 6 yrs. old at the time knew about it and told everyone she met that "Wobin is wearing daddy's panties."

Love ya, mean it kiddo. See how that works?

More than anything- I want to make people laugh and feel good. I feel that is my main purpose in life, to make people laugh- even if it's at my own expense. Knowing that someone had a few minutes in their day that made them happy because of something I said- well, it just overwhelms me.

To actually meet some of the people who have read my work and enjoyed it- honestly sometimes, brings me to tears. To have so many people that I highly respect and admire take time out of their day to read my writing amazes me.

For many years, I suffered from low self-esteem. You know, that pity party where you're always the guest of honor?

I always felt like less of a person- that stereotypical trailer trash that we make fun of on TV. People who looked forward to reading my work and my stories on my blog have made me realize that God doesn't make trash. I am important to some people and I can serve a purpose in life.

More and more I've stopped hiding behind a screen-name "Delswife" and have come out as who I really am, Robin Costello. Writer, humorist and friend.

To anyone who has ever read my work, from the bottom of my heart- Love Ya, Mean It.

This is such sad news. She had a wonderful talent and wrote the Best Trip Report Ever.

My sympathy to her family and friends.

Such sad, sad news. She provided many hours of laughter and light. You will be missed, Robin.

Sandy

Another long time DIS'er here who is shocked and saddened to hear this news. May she rest in peace, and may God Bless those she left behind
:grouphug:

Oh no! What sad news. Please let the family know I am praying for them.
And, LOVE ya, MEAN it .

So very sad. What a loss for her family, and for those of us who loved to read her writings.

LYMI, Robin.

I remember Robin's posts vividly. I'm shocked and saddened to hear of this. My thoughts are with her family during this terrible time.

LYMI

The world is a lot less funny.

Condolences to her friends and family. :hug:

Oh no!!! I am so sorry to hear that I loved Robins blogs and met her, Dell and Brother at MK in the past and she was such a wonderful, warm person. Dell, Brother, her children and the rest of her family are in my prayers.

Such sad news, many prayers for her children and grandchildren and husband Del, also "Brother" and the rest of her family and friends.

She made her family feel like a part of our family and I cannot begin to tell the number of times we had a Delswife moment while in Disney, and how many times we have quoted them. "Three steps to the left" and "no skin to skin contact" along with "Love ya, mean it" plus so many others.

God speed Robin, may you rest in peace. LYMI

Copied from her blog and I want to say I know they know it! She wrote this back in July. RIP

The reason - all the pictures there are of me, I do the "I love you" sign in sign language with my left hand because it is closest to my heart. I do that so that someday when I'm gone and my kids look back at the pictures, they'll always know how much I loved them.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family.

If you didn't laugh at her trip reports then you just didn't have a sense of humor!!!

Awful news. I also followed her move to Florida and back. She was a funny writer and I loved her blog and trip reports. I feel like I got to know Del and Brother through her. Condolences to family and friends.

Oh how horrible. I truly enjoyed all her trip reports and then her blog. She will be missed by many. Condolences to her husband and family. :sad1: I'll keep Robin in my thoughts and prayers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter