WISHES IS GONE (leaving in May)

I've only seen Wishes twice. Once each during our 2010 and 2016 trips. I actually was planning to not even bother with it our next trip (November). It's fine, but just not that big of a deal to me. I was looking forward to not feeling like we had to see the fireworks. I'm actually a little disappointed because now I feel like we will have to watch the show, since it's new. LOL.

Oh my goodness....... we LOVE LOVE LOVE Wishes!!! Have a trip in June to celebrate DD’s high school graduation- and she loves Wishes so much- she is going to be so disappointed when she hears this.
I sure hope Tink flies in the new show. It would really crush her if not.
Already confirmed that Tink will still fly

Now DD and are planning a last minute trip to say goodbye to Wishes! I still mourn the loss of Spectromagic, and now they're taking Wishes away too. Too nuch change!

Echoes of Osborne Lights...people booking trips to see Wishes one last time.

I'm with a lot of folks, I love Wishes but am ready to see something new. Illuminations is actually my very favorite nighttime show, and even that I hope they update sometime soon.

The only changes I get really upset with are those where something is taken away but NOT replaced, like a lot of the live performers in Epcot (especially Off Kilter).

Already confirmed that Tink will still fly

Yes- I read this after I commented here- thanks for the info though! This is huge in my family's book! Lol.
While I will always love Wishes and it will always have a special place in my heart, I do think it has probably run it's course and it's time for something new. The new show sounds like it will be really good- looking forward to seeing it in June. I would have loved to have seen Wishes one more time though......

Not so sure on this one. MK fireworks are and have been the centerpiece for WDW. I can't see them going cheap on this one.

I believe I read the show is 18 minutes which puts it at like 6 minutes longer than Wishes so you know the projections are going to take up a good amount of those 6 extra minutes minutes.If you tell me of the 18 minutes there's fewer fireworks than Wishes I would be upset,if its on par with Wishes and has a big finale I'll be happy with it.A bigger concern is the music,if the new music score doesn't have that tug at your heart feeling Wishes and Illuminations give you it would really upset me,as that's the new show and what you're going to be seeing for who knows how many years,10,12 or more!!

I believe I read the show is 18 minutes which puts it at like 6 minutes longer than Wishes so you know the projections are going to take up a good amount of those 6 extra minutes minutes.If you tell me of the 18 minutes there's fewer fireworks than Wishes I would be upset,if its on par with Wishes and has a big finale I'll be happy with it.A bigger concern is the music,if the new music score doesn't have that tug at your heart feeling Wishes and Illuminations give you it would really upset me,as that's the new show and what you're going to be seeing for who knows how many years,10,12 or more!!

OMG, the heartstrings! I am a pretty sentimental person, as is my husband, and music tends to send me to a specific place and time. Last night I was telling my husband about one of my favorite memories with him and my beloved little DGD. She was 4 and we were sitting on the front porch listening to the Wishes soundtrack. Kady was on his lap and they both were listening, her little face up against his big chest. At the end she looked at him, her crystal blue eyes shining into his and said "I Believe, Pa". Brings me to tears every time I think about that special moment between teh two of them.

Kady is 15 now, and I swear that her Pa still sees her as that little Sprite with Gynormous blue eyes, so enchanted with her Fantasy filled Disney friends. I miss Wishes already!

Echoes of Osborne Lights...people booking trips to see Wishes one last time.

I'm with a lot of folks, I love Wishes but am ready to see something new. Illuminations is actually my very favorite nighttime show, and even that I hope they update sometime soon.

The only changes I get really upset with are those where something is taken away but NOT replaced, like a lot of the live performers in Epcot (especially Off Kilter).

Off Kilter was replaced, but with something that was pretty bad.

I was personally sad to hear this, but the rest of the family was excited about something new. I know Wishes was a little corny, but it was tradition. DL Forever didn't have the same vibe for me. It was cool, just didn't tug at the heartstrings for me. Hopefully, Disney will capture the heart that was in Wishes and combine it with all of the new technology to create something very special.

Like some others, I too, am pretty devastated by this news. Wishes is my all time favorite thing to watch at Disney. I am actually feeling a bit disillusioned with Disney because of this and lost some of my excitement for our June trip, which is to celebrate graduation, birthdays and my 20th anniversary. I plan the number of nights we stay so we will see Wishes at the beginning and our last night at least, with 4th of July shows in between. I feel like there are projection shows all over Disney now and it would be nice if not every night show had to include them. Dh says it's the wave of the future and I should expect it. Sigh, I hope I can absorb this and get excited for my trip again, but don't need that extra night at the end now for Wishes. I have enough SW points for Dh and I to head down for a weekend trip just to see Wishes, is that crazy???

I booked one night at Bay Lake Tower, theme park view, for our Nov. 2017 trip, so we could watch Wishes from our balcony. I guess we'll be watching the new show!

Like some others, I too, am pretty devastated by this news. Wishes is my all time favorite thing to watch at Disney. I am actually feeling a bit disillusioned with Disney because of this and lost some of my excitement for our June trip, which is to celebrate graduation, birthdays and my 20th anniversary. I plan the number of nights we stay so we will see Wishes at the beginning and our last night at least, with 4th of July shows in between. I feel like there are projection shows all over Disney now and it would be nice if not every night show had to include them. Dh says it's the wave of the future and I should expect it. Sigh, I hope I can absorb this and get excited for my trip again, but don't need that extra night at the end now for Wishes. I have enough SW points for Dh and I to head down for a weekend trip just to see Wishes, is t??hat crazy?
I booked a room for May 11 along with 2 other families I know. We will head over after school to see the final Wishes.

Wishes has been in place since our second WDW trip (our kids' first trip), and we didn't bother to even see if the last two trips. I like it for nostalgic reasons, but it's time for something new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter