Wishes FP+ Ending

1supermomsmd

For My Princess
As of April 18, 2016, Wishes FastPasses will end.

I received an email at 5pm ET last night saying due to an unexpected change in the operating schedule my wishes FP+ for the 19th were cancelled. They substituted another attraction for me. I thought maybe they changed the time of the Fireworks or something. So I promptly called Internet help desk to see if I could just change to the new time versus a different attraction FP+. The CM told me he literally received an email about 15 minutes prior saying that Wishes FP+ would cease as of April 18th.

I inquired if this was a test or if they were moving the FP+ area to a different location. The CM said usually if it is a test for a short period they would be informed. In this case, the email said nothing further in that regard. He even checked around a bit for later dates sort of just to check things out for me (and he was curious too) and he said Wishes FP+ we're not showing in any future dates.

Aww, we really enjoyed that area our last night of vacation. For us it was the perfect way/view to cap off our week! That's too bad if it is going away!!

I thought about a private party too. However, since we are staying past the 20th, I checked My Disney Experience for wishes FP+ for just one person (not my whole party because if you can't get one then . . .) and nothing. I just called too and they said nothing is available and told me the same thing about ending on the 18th. I rely upon DIBB quite often but not sure why there is the discrepancy. I would be interested to know if anyone successfully books a FP+ for a date after the 18th.

Interesting. My bet is a private party rental but it's odd it's for two nights. Maybe a quick refurbishment of some sort?

I've been mulling this over all day.

I'm hoping the CMs were just wrong and those dates will be loaded back in the system soon.

But they didn't build those areas to not use them. That leaves me to wonder if they decided to offer some sort of upsell experience. How has attendance been at the dessert party since they increased the price? Maybe they feel like they could get more, or sell it out more readily if they moved it to the current FP+ viewing areas?

popcorn::

I've been mulling this over all day.

I'm hoping the CMs were just wrong and those dates will be loaded back in the system soon.

But they didn't build those areas to not use them. That leaves me to wonder if they decided to offer some sort of upsell experience. How has attendance been at the dessert party since they increased the price? Maybe they feel like they could get more, or sell it out more readily if they moved it to the current FP+ viewing areas?

popcorn::
That's an interesting thought. The SW Dessert Party is offered nightly in a prime viewing spot. Maybe MK is switching to that model. High tables, standing-only no chairs, and the best straight-on fireworks view.

That's an interesting thought. The SW Dessert Party is offered nightly in a prime viewing spot. Maybe MK is switching to that model. High tables, standing-only no chairs, and the best straight-on fireworks view.

This is pure speculation on my part. But I wonder if they can sell more spots in these 2 areas with better viewing.

I honestly can't think of another reason they would stop offering FPs after investing in the infrastructure changes to create those spaces to begin with.

Maybe they've had too many complaints about the off-center view at the current location. Or maybe since people can now get a FP for free, their dessert party bookings are down.

Really interesting thoughts. They have definitely been moving towards the standing dessert party options. The current Wishes Dessert Party is always sold out so the demand is there. And good point that it's not even a great view of the fireworks.

I could totally see them making those two areas a cupcake party. People would pay for it. Maybe that was the plan all along.

Really interesting thoughts. They have definitely been moving towards the standing dessert party options. The current Wishes Dessert Party is always sold out so the demand is there. And good point that it's not even a great view of the fireworks.

I could totally see them making those two areas a cupcake party. People would pay for it. Maybe that was the plan all along.

If the current dessert party continues to sell out at the higher price, maybe they are considering the move to increase the number of spots they can sell. Heck, I bet they could even have another price increase. I haven't been to the dessert party, but I have to guess they could increase capacity exponentially if they moved it to the FP areas.

My first thought regarding discontinued FPs had been liability issues due to the large number of FP guests being corralled into the two areas. Dessert parties would be very controlled "special" groups in two corralled areas and wouldn't be a safety issue.

It also now makes sense as to why the parade FP areas have remained in Town Square. It keeps the MSEP FP guests out of the Hub and frees up space for regular guests for parade and fireworks viewing.

My first thought regarding discontinued FPs had been liability issues due to the large number of FP guests being corralled into the two areas. Dessert parties would be very controlled "special" groups in two corralled areas and wouldn't be a safety issue.

It also now makes sense as to why the parade FP areas have remained in Town Square. It keeps the MSEP FP guests out of the Hub and frees up space for regular guests for parade and fireworks viewing.

Well, nobody makes them issue as many Wishes FPs as they do. They could turn that number down tomorrow. They also have no issue with clawing FPs back out of the system. So they could ratchet it down tonight if it was a safety issue. At the very least they could ratchet it down for 60 days out with no issue at all.

Well, nobody makes them issue as many Wishes FPs as they do. They could turn that number down tomorrow. They also have no issue with clawing FPs back out of the system. So they could ratchet it down tonight if it was a safety issue. At the very least they could ratchet it down for 60 days out with no issue at all.
The FP areas began with very few guests who marveled at the spaciousness and now the areas are filled to capacity.

Perhaps they canceled for the two dates in April (MK is open until 12:00 both nights) and then FP comes back with revamped numbers. Similar to how they canceled Club Villain at $99 and then, amazingly, Club Villain returns at $129! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!