• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question - if you follow the link or search for the DP using an iPad or iPhone does it work?
(Would try myself but not got one on me this second!)
Thought maybe this wouldn't divert or error the same way a PC does?

Just wondering if this might work for us non-US-ers that are having problems when trying to access the reservations area, presumably currently via a PC...

Would love a fool proof solution so I'm able to book online for October when the time comes :thumbsup2

It still does - I was on the phone today with a tech guy who said they are just about ready to go live with the new fast pass + and that he thought the Canadian/international problem would be fixed shortly after that so here's hoping its fixed soon.

I had been having problems with my reservations showing up but I just checked and everything was there. :confused3

We got them to show up once today when I was on the phone with a tech guy but then I lost access again - so far they have reset my account 4 times grrrrrrr

Just wanted to make sure people are still checking for October! i check about once a day! but with the rumors of free dining i feel live everyone has averted their attention elsewhere!!!!

Just wanted to make sure people are still checking for October! i check about once a day! but with the rumors of free dining i feel live everyone has averted their attention elsewhere!!!!

Although I'm also FDing crazy right now, I'm still checking every day :) and checking this thread repeatedly over and over each day too lol!

I was looking forward to trying to book this for my birthday on November 11, however the more I research the more I am worried it won't be available. MVMCP is on that day so I guess thats why park closes at 7:00pm? If they even have a dessert party I guess I would need a pass to MVMCP right?
Am I better off planning on attending dessert party November 10?
Thanks!

I was looking forward to trying to book this for my birthday on November 11, however the more I research the more I am worried it won't be available. MVMCP is on that day so I guess thats why park closes at 7:00pm? If they even have a dessert party I guess I would need a pass to MVMCP right?
Am I better off planning on attending dessert party November 10?
Thanks!

The Party is held on nights there is MVMCP and yes you need to buy a ticket for MVMCP as the Dessert Party is during the Christmas party.

We did this last year and the Fireworks show is Holiday Wishes, different than the regular Wishes more of a 360 degree presentation.

If your not planning on attending MVMCP then you will need to plan on going another night.

A Park ticket to enter the MK is required in addition to your prepaid ADR for the Dessert Party.

Question - if you follow the link or search for the DP using an iPad or iPhone does it work?
(Would try myself but not got one on me this second!)
Thought maybe this wouldn't divert or error the same way a PC does?

Just wondering if this might work for us non-US-ers that are having problems when trying to access the reservations area, presumably currently via a PC...

Would love a fool proof solution so I'm able to book online for October when the time comes :thumbsup2

If all else fails do I just ring the normal dining number to book?

If all else fails do I just ring the normal dining number to book?

Yes it is the regular Dining #. If you have seen people say they have booked the Party and you call and the CM tells you it is not open yet or sold out Be Insistent!,Tell them you know it has opened. Every time the party opens some CM's say these things. If all else fails hang up and call again

Can't wait til sept to try this again. Then the waiting for nov to open lol.

Wouldn't it be nice if all the dates opened up just like ADR's there would be no stressing. Oh well back to the real world. :badpc:

Yes! But here's the sickness of it - I'm enjoying the "hunt" of it all a bit :) I watched all the September folks wait out their opening and was thoroughly excited for those who stuck it out and were rewarded with reservations! Make it a game with a reward and I'm sucked in... My parents had an easy time with me as a child ;)

You have a long wait, End of Oct - Early November you should see January open up :)

Just marking the thread really so I can be ready for when the time comes :)

Yes! But here's the sickness of it - I'm enjoying the "hunt" of it all a bit :) I watched all the September folks wait out their opening and was thoroughly excited for those who stuck it out and were rewarded with reservations! Make it a game with a reward and I'm sucked in... My parents had an easy time with me as a child ;)

I know exactly what you mean, my parents are going down in Sept and since I was watching the thread and got so excited for everyone I decided to call my mom and see if she was interested and too my surprise she was and got a table! I'm waiting for Dec and have been on here since August opened, I have a feeling that even after I have my reservation I will still be here!:rotfl:

I know exactly what you mean, my parents are going down in Sept and since I was watching the thread and got so excited for everyone I decided to call my mom and see if she was interested and too my surprise she was and got a table! I'm waiting for Dec and have been on here since August opened, I have a feeling that even after I have my reservation I will still be here!:rotfl:

Haha, that's great! It's one of the things my mom (and surprisingly dad) really wants to do as well. Good luck with December! I'll be here cheering for you....and patiently waiting to pounce for January ;)

So I just want to make sure I get this, lol, the dates open for when you want to go to the party, not for when your stay starts likes for ADR. I'm looking to go on November 6th, so I'm waiting for that date to open, correct? TIA! Never been and I'm so excited to get this reserved! Would the party would be good place to celebrate my sons bday?

So I just want to make sure I get this, lol, the dates open for when you want to go to the party, not for when your stay starts likes for ADR. I'm looking to go on November 6th, so I'm waiting for that date to open, correct? TIA! Never been and I'm so excited to get this reserved! Would the party would be good place to celebrate my sons bday?

Usually The Dessert Party opens up for booking around or close to 60 Days out from the start of any given month. It varies, there s no rhyme or reason.

Best advice is November will open up between the last week in August-first week in September based on past dates the Party was made available to book.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter