Wish Trip... short notice... so many questions!

SorryI'mNotSorry

The human world... it's a mess.
Hey all!! My daughter was granted a wish and chose Disney World! We leave next month, so I’m scrambling a bit. Her brother also had a wish trip many years ago (they have the same disorder), but we had lots more time to plan. This time, not so much. Also, this time around I am a single mama on a much stricter budget so getting things in advance is a little more challenging. I’m hoping some of you have some insight as to where to get the best deals for the things below, and can help me think of things I haven’t thought of yet. :fingers crossed:

1.) My son, who is not the wish child, is 8 and weighs 60 pounds. He needs a stroller for the parks. I know he can get a park issued stroller for free with our wish badge, but the hard plastic upright stroller won’t work for him. He doesn’t need a medical stroller, but something that reclines like the City Mini GT that lots of places rent out. My question is, who has the best rate for 7 days, or does anyone offer wish trip families a discount? I would need it delivered to Give Kids The World Village. Do companies deliver to non-Disney properties?

2.) I would really like to purchase at least one set of matching t-shirts, and personalized autograph books for the kids. Etsy has a billion options. Does anyone here know someone who makes shirts or autograph books at a good price? We don’t need anything fancy.

3.) I am getting ribbon to make our own lanyards for pin trading, and would like to purchase pins in advance. If there’s a good place to buy legitimate Disney pins that can be traded, I’m all ears! Or if anyone has unwanted duplicate pins laying around, I’m happy to buy them from you!

4.) My daughter really really wants to eat at crystal palace with eeyore. Last time around, we didn’t do character meals because we were trying to stretch the budget. This time, it’s at the top of her list. Our wish granted says they will give us some spending money before the trip (and I need to make that amount cover anything out of pocket for the whole trip), but I know crystal palace is $$$$, so I’m wondering if Disney ever offers discounts to wish families. Anyone know?

5.) I need to make a first aid kit. What are the essentials, aside from illness-specific things, that I should pack? I’ll be carrying a backpack. Any other critical items aside from first aid I should be carrying?

6.) My other kids do not know we are going yet, as we just found out. My daughter who is getting the wish is the oldest child and she wants to surprise them and tell them herself! What cool ideas do you have for her to surprise them with the news?

7.) We will have cards as our tickets for the parks and not magic bands. If we want our ride photos to automatically upload to our photo account, we will need a magic band, right? If so, can just one person in our party have one? And where is the best place to buy one that isn’t linked?

I think that’s all my questions for now. I’ll probably come up with more in like five minutes. Thanks everyone for reading!!! ☺️☺️☺️

**crossposted because I’m not sure where to put this**

You do not need magic bands how every you will need to tap your card to the reader out side the rides where the photo are to get the photo a few ride do not have this so the only way to get the photo is with a magic band. You can get a plan one that will be the cheepest way to go and just let one of your kids wear it ( they can trade off) you will have to link it to someone MDE account but since you are on your make a wish trip you really do not need any FP.

As fair as the first aid kids i always have things for blister and a little OTC meds with me ( first aid had a lot of thing but I am normal across the park when I start to get a blister or a headache) every thing is in a sandwich size Ziploc bag

Hey all!! My daughter was granted a wish and chose Disney World! We leave next month, so I’m scrambling a bit. Her brother also had a wish trip many years ago (they have the same disorder), but we had lots more time to plan. This time, not so much. Also, this time around I am a single mama on a much stricter budget so getting things in advance is a little more challenging. I’m hoping some of you have some insight as to where to get the best deals for the things below, and can help me think of things I haven’t thought of yet. :fingers crossed:

1.) My son, who is not the wish child, is 8 and weighs 60 pounds. He needs a stroller for the parks. I know he can get a park issued stroller for free with our wish badge, but the hard plastic upright stroller won’t work for him. He doesn’t need a medical stroller, but something that reclines like the City Mini GT that lots of places rent out. My question is, who has the best rate for 7 days, or does anyone offer wish trip families a discount? I would need it delivered to Give Kids The World Village. Do companies deliver to non-Disney properties?

2.) I would really like to purchase at least one set of matching t-shirts, and personalized autograph books for the kids. Etsy has a billion options. Does anyone here know someone who makes shirts or autograph books at a good price? We don’t need anything fancy.

3.) I am getting ribbon to make our own lanyards for pin trading, and would like to purchase pins in advance. If there’s a good place to buy legitimate Disney pins that can be traded, I’m all ears! Or if anyone has unwanted duplicate pins laying around, I’m happy to buy them from you!

4.) My daughter really really wants to eat at crystal palace with eeyore. Last time around, we didn’t do character meals because we were trying to stretch the budget. This time, it’s at the top of her list. Our wish granted says they will give us some spending money before the trip (and I need to make that amount cover anything out of pocket for the whole trip), but I know crystal palace is $$$$, so I’m wondering if Disney ever offers discounts to wish families. Anyone know?

5.) I need to make a first aid kit. What are the essentials, aside from illness-specific things, that I should pack? I’ll be carrying a backpack. Any other critical items aside from first aid I should be carrying?

6.) My other kids do not know we are going yet, as we just found out. My daughter who is getting the wish is the oldest child and she wants to surprise them and tell them herself! What cool ideas do you have for her to surprise them with the news?

7.) We will have cards as our tickets for the parks and not magic bands. If we want our ride photos to automatically upload to our photo account, we will need a magic band, right? If so, can just one person in our party have one? And where is the best place to buy one that isn’t linked?

I think that’s all my questions for now. I’ll probably come up with more in like five minutes. Thanks everyone for reading!!! ☺️☺️☺️

it was before bands but my grandsons both got the photo pass for free on their wish trips so I am guessing Disney has a plan for this. I am assuming you are staying at Give Kids The World village. I would contact them for the info as that is where daughter got her info at the time about photo pass. also remember that over the counter meds have to follow TSA rules for liquids unless in a checked bag. one thing I always tell anyone a wish trip to the village make sure you have a lot of extra room in luggage for brining everything home and I am not talking about things you are buying but gifts from the village

missed the stroller question earlier but again contact the Village as I now see you are there as I assume you will also need at village. years ago they had some strollers there for families to use if not they would know your best bet

Can you check with a local Lions Club or other civic organization at home? They may have something you can borrow for the trip. It may come in handy getting through the airport as well, if not pushing a child you can put bags in it to push. If you'd really rather get it once in Orlando, I'd suggest calling GKTW to ask about vendors who deliver there -- probably the same that deliver to WDW, but the staff at GKTW may also know if there is any special pricing available.

I answered on your other thread but will repeat here... book your ADR now or as soon as your dates are set. Plan breakfast because it is less expensive, but schedule the latest breakfast time you can. That way it acts as brunch, or if you eat breakfast at GKTW it can essentially take the place of lunch. With that timing the buffet will have choices for either meal. Be aware that WDW requires a credit card to hold all dining reservations, but it won't be charged unless you no-show; you can use the WISH spending money to pay at the meal.

Enjoy your vacation!

it was before bands but my grandsons both got the photo pass for free on their wish trips so I am guessing Disney has a plan for this. I am assuming you are staying at Give Kids The World village. I would contact them for the info as that is where daughter got her info at the time about photo pass. also remember that over the counter meds have to follow TSA rules for liquids unless in a checked bag. one thing I always tell anyone a wish trip to the village make sure you have a lot of extra room in luggage for brining everything home and I am not talking about things you are buying but gifts from the village

Medically necessary medications, whether precription or OTC, are exempt from the 3-1-1 rule and are allowed in carry-on baggage. They must be declared to TSA and are subject to extra screening. In general, medication should NOT be put in checked baggage for many reasons, from possibility of theft, to the damage that can be caused to them by the extremes of temperature and pressure that checked baggage undergoes.

See for example: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1093687314952409088 (a question to AskTSA about neti pot and sinus rinse).
Also:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures
https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2017/11/14/tsa-cares-what-expect-when-flying-meds
https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2014/09/05/tsa-travel-tips-traveling-medication

Medically necessary medications, whether precription or OTC, are exempt from the 3-1-1 rule and are allowed in carry-on baggage. They must be declared to TSA and are subject to extra screening. In general, medication should NOT be put in checked baggage for many reasons, from possibility of theft, to the damage that can be caused to them by the extremes of temperature and pressure that checked baggage undergoes.

See for example: https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1093687314952409088 (a question to AskTSA about neti pot and sinus rinse).
Also:
https://www.tsa.gov/travel/special-procedures
https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2017/11/14/tsa-cares-what-expect-when-flying-meds
https://www.tsa.gov/blog/2014/09/05/tsa-travel-tips-traveling-medication
I did have kids fever med large bottle taken granted not a Disney trip but still a flight. guess I should have complained but didnt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter