Wish Maiden Voyage | July 14-19, 2022

Still nothing for us... we havent gotten our D23 badges yet either and other folks are getting theirs. I'm starting to feel like Oregon is the boonies! :laughing:

Hello all-- Crazy me just now actually looked closely and saw this thread!! I'll be on the MV with you all too. Super excited and hoping , praying we all stay healthy and get onboard. Got luggage tags a couple days ago. Does anyone by chance know how or where to sign up for the nursery since its now open? This is our first cruise with a toddler and open nursery. I know I sign up when we get on board but just wasn"t sure where! Thanks and can't wait!

I can't answer your question as we do not have kids, but wanted to say welcome aboard!! We are so close now! <3

My husband and I just went and had a PCR test done this morning juuuust in case. I've mentioned before but every time I go into work (2-3 days at present, the rest is WFH) I get an email warning that we were all exposed which hadn't bothered me really until now. I'm starting to really fret that one of us will catch it at the 11th hour and it will be too late to get a letter of recovery... after today it is out of our hands I suppose! Yesterday was my last in office day as they closed the office next week for a mid summer break, and I'll be WFH that Monday & Tuesday before we cruise. Regardless my husband will still be going in every day, so fingers crossed we (and everyone planning to be aboard!) manages to stay healthy from there on out!

Woohoo! Our luggage tags finally arrived! Anyone else surprised that all aboard is 2:45? Isn't that earlier than usual..?

We got our luggage tags Thursday. So excited!!! I’m sure I’ll be walking around with lots of oooohs and aaaaaahs We all tested today as the last insurance day to get our recovered letter also. We have never been on a maiden voyage before any tips on what to do first? I’m sure I’m going to be overwhelmed!

We have never been on a maiden voyage before any tips on what to do first?
Neither have we. I'd say that the first thing we are going to do is start exploring the ship. Well, we may get an adult beverage first...

Buffet, then adult beverage for exploring, then adult beverage again for the sail away. Next thing you know it's dinner time, for first seating. That's when the smoothie comes into play. One flavor each dinner. Then more exploring, including the shops on board. Double expresso frappuccino mocha drink for that exploring. Somewhere there will be time to do more.

Does anyone know if Marceline Market, which is same as Cabana on Fantasy and Dream, have outside seating like Cabana? Also, is there outside miniature golf and the detective game, both of which is on Dream and Fantasy.

First thing for me is go down the slide to the kid's club! :) Then go ask if we were able to get a private table, and ask about a brunch reservation. Then check on getting a Rainforest pass for the spa, and then rustle up some lunch! Hopefully by then we'll be able to drop off our day bags in the room and start really exploring the ship!

I do not believe there is mini golf, no. Its not on the deck plans and no one on the Christening cruise mentioned it either.

AquaDame any thoughts regarding the all aboard 2:45 pm? not complaining just curious Ty

AquaDame any thoughts regarding the all aboard 2:45 pm? not complaining just curious Ty

Just that i think its weird, haha! I checked and you can get a port arrival time as late as 3:30 so it really seems odd.

In case you all are wondering about any "formal" or "captain's night" dress attire, here is DCL reply to my enquiry to such.
dcl_general_header.jpg
Emma (Disney Cruise Line)
Jul 5, 2022, 5:06 PM EDT
Dear Christopher Fisher‍,

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation!

I would be happy to provide the dining attire for your cruise!

Your dining attire for each night is as follows:

Thursday: Cruise Casual
Friday: Optional Dress-Up
Saturday: Cruise Casual
Sunday: Optional Pirate
Monday: Cruise Casual

As always, the above is subject to change without notice. Please be sure to check your Disney Cruise Line Navigator App once onboard for the dining attire for your cruise.

-Cruise Casual:
Please consider what you would wear if going out to a nice restaurant in your hometown. Shorts, jeans, khakis and capris are permitted; however, we ask that Guests refrain from wearing swimwear or tank tops in the dining rooms.

-Dress-up Night:
Men: Jacket or dress shirt
Women: Dress or pantsuit

-Pirate Night:
Cruise casual or bring your best pirate outfit!

I hope this information has been helpful. If you require further assistance with any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us.

We look forward to sailing with you!

Have a Magical Day!

Emma
Email Communications Agent
Disney Cruise Line

*If applicable, please include your full name, reservation number, and phone number on all correspondence.

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your sailing.

Christopher Fisher
Jun 30, 2022, 9:01 AM EDT
Is there a "Formal Dress" attire evening on the Wish maiden voyage July 14-19?
Thank you,
Christopher Fisher
Reservation Number: 29526017
Christopher Fisher [cfisherjr@rochester.rr.com]
Telephone: 5859643846
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Client Information
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Username: cfisherjr@rochester.rr.com

Thanks for sharing tentative attire schedule!

Has anyone had any luck calling DCL to find out about approximate DCL transfer pickup times from WDW resort hotels? We have done this many times preCovid and it was always around noon but I saw some posts a while back about 8:30am pickups. I know port arrival time (we have 1:15pm) doesn’t matter when you arrive on the DCL bus but we have a late boarding group because we were later than usual doing online checkin. I don’t want to arrive at 10am and have to sit for hours before we can board. I’d rather enjoy the morning at the hotel… I’m running out of time to change our arrival plans and I can’t get through to DCL. Fingers crossed we all make it on the ship for her MV!!!

Thanks for sharing tentative attire schedule!

Has anyone had any luck calling DCL to find out about approximate DCL transfer pickup times from WDW resort hotels? We have done this many times preCovid and it was always around noon but I saw some posts a while back about 8:30am pickups. I know port arrival time (we have 1:15pm) doesn’t matter when you arrive on the DCL bus but we have a late boarding group because we were later than usual doing online checkin. I don’t want to arrive at 10am and have to sit for hours before we can board. I’d rather enjoy the morning at the hotel… I’m running out of time to change our arrival plans and I can’t get through to DCL. Fingers crossed we all make it on the ship for her MV!!!
If not already, you may have better luck getting through to your WDW resort to ask them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter