WISH Away The Pounds ~ Marvelous May ~ All are WELCOME!

I'd like to start by cutting out soda and exercising 4 days a week. I work 3 12 hour shifts as an ER nurse, so those 3 days I will not be following a formal exercise plan. I'd like to join the YMCA again, but DH keeps putting me off while we try and build up our savings again. I think he will come around soon. For now I plan to walk/run/jog around the neighborhood. I'd love to LOVE to run and be the kind who runs marathons. Not sure if that will happen.....

So I hope I can join y'all and I look forward to reading more!

I gave up soda about 18 months ago and while the first few weeks were pure hell (headaches), I stuck with it and I'm so glad I did.
I upped my energy, stopped having indigestion every night, I sleep better, and I dropped 5 pounds in less than 2 months.

I'm now 4 days shy of also being chocolate free for 2 months.
That has been a harder habit to break but it was a trigger food for me so I've had to let it go.

Welcome aboard! We are all glad you could join us!
Love the quote, Buffy! And nice to see you back here! :flower3: Do you record your emotions when you are tracking so you can go back and see a pattern?
:

I'm not reall specific but I can usually tell when I'm having a bad day by my food choices.
I do track my smilie face on my C25K app on how my run went.
I've been using the note app on my phone but I've been skipping lately. I need to get back at that. I bought 2 smash books to journal my weight loss and to document my races. I need to get moving on that too. Not that I have time or anything. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Quote of the day:

You aren't going to get the butt you want, by sitting on the one you have

Morning all! Just finishing my coffee before I walk. I think I'll head outside for about 30 minutes and then the TM for another 30. I would do the whole time outside but I only know one good walking area here (I'm at the Y) and it doesn't take that long. But I am committing here NOW to do a full 60 minutes! Mentally I don't want to, but I know I should. So I'm putting down the IPad after the coffee is gone and pulling out the earbuds and heading out! BBL to chat..........P

Be our guest! Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest . . .

wdw-fantasyland-003.jpg

As our journey to the Happiest Place on Earth continues I take you to a place in Disney where many of us have not been yet -- talk about Disney magic! ;)

And speaking of food, do you know what 300 calories looks like?

300 calories look drastically different when you're eating in instead of dining out. Choosing healthier, more nutritious foods--at home and away--means you can eat much more food and still lose weight.

Breakfast: 300-Calorie Meals & Portions
Here are three morning meals that each weigh in at 300 calories. Healthy and quick homemade meals pack whole grains, fresh fruit, and protein--a filling combination that will keep you fuller longer. You could only eat a fraction of the comparable restaurant meals (right column) for the same number of calories. Get more healthy breakfast ideas here.

Bagel-Muffin.jpg

Eggs-Omlette.jpg

Waffles-Hotcakes.jpg

And what about lunch for 350 calories?

Pizza-Pizza.jpg

Or dinner for 400 calories?

Turkey-PotPie.jpg

These images are courtesy of a sparkpeople.com article. Here is a link if you would like to see the entire article, including more pictures of 350 and 400 calorie meals. http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/nutrition_articles.asp?id=1260

Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?

Whoohoo on the airline tickets! 21 days is sooooo close!

Almost too close!

I think I have to work on being proud of myself. I have to set big goals for myself and accomplish them to feel proud. I was so proud when I ran 7 miles at a 10 min/mile pace. I am very proud now that I am going to finish the 30 Day Shred on Monday. So, I need another big goal to work toward. It's not necessarily a daily thing for me.

Amazing job with the 30 Day Shred! I'm so impressed!

Thank you! We celebrated by catching the 3:25 showing of Iron Man 3. It was so good! And, I got the boys popcorn and only had a little. But, I did have some chocolate candy ;)

My DS would like to see that as well, but I don't think there is time this weekend. Glad to hear it was good though!

Hello and welcome. Fellow teacher here. I teach for an alternative education program. I also teach History and am the special education teacher as well. I spent a good 3 hours writing my midterm progress reports on IEPs today :mad: I am actually thinking of applying to a few online schools/programs near me. Do you teach for national company?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well, today was a pretty good day other than my lunch choice lol. I ate too many carbs and will pay for it on the scale the next few days. DS turned double digits today. We are waiting to really celebrate his birthday until the 19th so we can combine both boys (other DS will be 7 on the 23rd) into one big family party. So, we saw Iron Man 3 today to celebrate. That was his choice and it was very good.

I just sat down to make a menu for the week and make a grocery list. DSs have soccer games tomorrow, so I want to grocery shop after they are done so I'm not doing it Sunday. I also want to get to bed earlier tonight (I'm shooting for 10 pm). I'd love to wake up refreshed, workout, go get the cupcakes for the soccer game (I know, not healthy, but soooo delicious~they are like the ones on those cupcake wars on tv. We do cut them in half for the kids and parents :thumbsup2) and head off to the games at 10:10. So, I'm going to run to finish up my lists and some laundry. Have a good Friday night :)

Jill

Enjoy your busy day! Hope you got good sleep!............P

Well, I had a nice lunch, although I did have bread!!! Chose wholemeal though...best I could do. I was lovely to catch up with my old friend, particularly when the first words out of her mouth were "Wow, you've lost lots of weight"! Also got comments from OH's co-workers when I picked him up from work.......the power of skinny jeans eh?????

So QOTD..........

Winners Set Small Goals - monthly weight loss challenge with you guys

Winners Take Breaks and Timeouts - I class this as the days where I eat out and go slightly off plan

Winners Are Proud of Themselves - hmmm, this is the one I struggle with, but I'm getting better at recognising my achievements!!!

Winners Take On New Challenges - Walking, maybe joining a gym, cooking from scratch

Winners Keep Score - Food diary and weekly weigh-in.

Winners Are Part of a Team - You lot, and the Slimming World class I attend

Winners Make It Fun - reading this stuff, cooking, walking, I'm loving it all at the moment

Going to decide in the morning whether to go campng for one night - we bought a used canvas tent last year that needs a bit of TLC, so we thought that if we've got to put it up to replace the parts, we might as well put it up on a campsite and sleep there overnight. Will see what the weather is like in the morning. Oooh, did I happen to mention that it's a holiday weekend here - no work until Tuesday (sorry to rub it in!!!)

So glad that you are enjoying your holiday and that your friend noticed your hard work! :goodvibes

That's a great article. We are all in this together.

Love this, Susan! :thumbsup2 And I got a chuckle thinking of Misty and her hoodlum kittens -- all parents have to go through that rite of passage. ;)

lisa -- :hug: thank you for your kind words..and all those who said encouraging and welcoming comments to me. it's what i've known all along...WISH ROCKS!

You are so welcome! :hug: And that you for all you do for us as our WISH moderator! :thanks:

I think I have to work on being proud of myself. I have to set big goals for myself and accomplish them to feel proud. I was so proud when I ran 7 miles at a 10 min/mile pace. I am very proud now that I am going to finish the 30 Day Shred on Monday. So, I need another big goal to work toward. It's not necessarily a daily thing for me.

Thank you! We celebrated by catching the 3:25 showing of Iron Man 3. It was so good! And, I got the boys popcorn and only had a little. But, I did have some chocolate candy ;)

Hello and welcome. Fellow teacher here. I teach for an alternative education program. I also teach History and am the special education teacher as well. I spent a good 3 hours writing my midterm progress reports on IEPs today :mad: I am actually thinking of applying to a few online schools/programs near me. Do you teach for national company?

Well, today was a pretty good day other than my lunch choice lol. I ate too many carbs and will pay for it on the scale the next few days. DS turned double digits today. We are waiting to really celebrate his birthday until the 19th so we can combine both boys (other DS will be 7 on the 23rd) into one big family party. So, we saw Iron Man 3 today to celebrate. That was his choice and it was very good.

I just sat down to make a menu for the week and make a grocery list. DSs have soccer games tomorrow, so I want to grocery shop after they are done so I'm not doing it Sunday. I also want to get to bed earlier tonight (I'm shooting for 10 pm). I'd love to wake up refreshed, workout, go get the cupcakes for the soccer game (I know, not healthy, but soooo delicious~they are like the ones on those cupcake wars on tv. We do cut them in half for the kids and parents :thumbsup2) and head off to the games at 10:10. So, I'm going to run to finish up my lists and some laundry. Have a good Friday night :)

Jill

Great job on your speedy run, Jill! :cool2: Busy work week and now a busy week-end -- enjoy a restful day on Sunday! :goodvibes

Oops I'm a dope and PM'd my weight today - I'm in the Friday habit!! LOL

LOL! We do have that Friday weigh in habit around here. :teeth:

Quote of the day:

You aren't going to get the butt you want, by sitting on the one you have

LOL! :lmao: So true, Buffy!

Morning all! Just finishing my coffee before I walk. I think I'll head outside for about 30 minutes and then the TM for another 30. I would do the whole time outside but I only know one good walking area here (I'm at the Y) and it doesn't take that long. But I am committing here NOW to do a full 60 minutes! Mentally I don't want to, but I know I should. So I'm putting down the IPad after the coffee is gone and pulling out the earbuds and heading out! BBL to chat..........P

Way to go getting that activity in early, Pamela. Those long days at the Y are coming to an end. :hug:

How are you liking your little friend ActiveLink? I have mixed emotions about it. It thinks I should do more and I think it doesn't always fully appreciate the effort I do make. :rotfl: But it has helped me with what I wanted it to do which is to be more active all the time, not just on training days. And I knew in my heart that was what I needed and I have the losses to prove it.

Which leads me to the QOTD for Saturday, May 4, 2013: Are you surprised by how much (or little) you can eat for the calories, depending on which foods you choose? Which meal was most shocking to you?

I am getting much better at getting more bang for my calorie buck. WW really helps you with the free fruits and vegetables. You get dinged a lot of calories for more processed foods, like muffins, those little calorie bombs. :lmao: It is a process learning what works and what doesn't -- I'm coming to appreciate that it is a lifelong process that will never end. :hippie:

Not so surprised any more, but it is great to have that visual reminder! I am definitely a volume eater and have learned a lot about getting the most bang for my calorie-bucks over the years.

I can have HALF (4slices) of a homemade thin crust pizza, loaded with veggies and a bit of low fat cheese for just one point less than ONE SLICE of Pizza Hut medium thin crust cheese pizza. I'll take the 4 slices all day long!

Like I said, I'm not shocked much any more, but I certainly was when I started this journey. I thought a reduced fat blueberry muffin at Dunkin Donuts was an okay choice occasionally....but once I figured out the points.....haven't had one since! So not worth it (and the ingredients are crap).

Most shocking? Probably the pot pie portion!
Lisa....great QOTD again! ............P

Okie -dokie........57 minute walk/run outside and 30 minute TM "glutes and thighs" workout done!

I'm caught up here and have answered the super QOTD, so I'm off to waste some time on Pinterest while I wait another 30 minutes for DD. then home for breakfast and yard work! TTYL..........P

Most shocking to me was the pizza.....I knew it was bad....but not that bad!!! Haven't had pizza since starting this journey in January, I used to eat it at least once a week, main;y for convenience. TBH, I've not even craved it that much. We planned on having it twice and changed our minds at the last moment to something more healthy.

Been food shopping this morning, lots of offers in ASDA (UK version of Walmart) so stocked up on fat free yoghurt, rice, fish, chicken roast, and washing detergent!!! Veggie offers at our local Aldi (similar to Lidl......don't know if you have Aldi??) change tomorrow, so I'm waiting to see what they have before buying stuff for this week.

Been planning for my week away at the beginning of June, downloaded some jogging/walking routes for the area near my hotel so that I can get out each day. I like to return to the hotel to change into casual clothes then take myself away from the madness for an hour or so to wind down before dinner. Being on a committee with the same 11 other people in a room together for a week can be quite exhausting!!

I appear to have pulled a muscle in my back somehow!! Down the right side of my spine around the waist area. Woke up with it this morning. Decided against the camping as I don't want to aggravate it. DH is going to give me a gentle massage tonight and he's going to turn the mattress on the bed to see if that helps.

Be back later to see what you're all up to.

Happy Saturday!:goodvibes

Time to exercise, plan meals, shop and clean today. It is going to be BUSY!

So, to answer the QOTD?

Well, pasta servings was my "eye opener" when I got my food scale. I try and limit that food and when I do have it I only take a little.

Plus McDonalds. I expected my old standby Filet O Fish to be higher in fat and calories. Now it is not a great choice but at 390 calories with a tea, it is not too bad in a pinch.

Now I am not a fan of cheese on sandwiches despite being a cheese-a-holic and removing cheese, mayo, tartar sauce, dressings, etc can really decrease fat grams as well as calories on things.

I was shocked at some of the "healthy foods" I'd been eating - the starchy ones especially like rice and beans. I have tried to cut back on starch without depriving myself. Fewer sandwiches and pastas but OK every once in a while. My exercise was not great last month because I was having a lot of back pain (have been in physical therapy, etc, for months w no improvement and increasing pain). Finally this week I had an MRI and they found a bulging disc and some SI joint problems and I was able to get a steroid injection in the joint. It is already starting to provide some relief, thank goodness, because we are off on our WDW trip next week and it could have been miserable. I am hoping the insane amount of walking won't aggravate things too much, and am packing plenty of Motrin to keep down the inflammation and will take it easy. That said, I was careful to be pretty conservative in my weight loss goal for the month and won't weigh myself until at least a few days after we get back. Not going to feel any guilt for a few pounds if they are courtesy of the Mouse!! LOL!

I remember being surprised at things when I started, but can't remember exactly what now. I remember things that I thought were healthy, weren't so healthy according to calorie counting and then weight watchers points. DH and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast last Monday since I was off of work and DSs had school. I got a veggie omelet with egg beaters, one piece of wheat toast, and fresh fruit. Weight watchers had it as 7 points. I calculated DHs humongous breakfast of eggs, potatoes, sausage, and pancakes...51 points! Those pancakes looked sooooooo good though!

Enjoy your busy day! Hope you got good sleep!............P

Thank you! I slept a solid 8 hours! Except for the fact I fell asleep at 9:30 and was up at 5:30 am on a Saturday :mad: So, I worked out at 6:30, looked for healthy recipes then showered before soccer. I also hit Sam's Club, Aldi's, and Giant Eagle, so I am dragging now.

Great job on your speedy run, Jill! :cool2: Busy work week and now a busy week-end -- enjoy a restful day on Sunday! :goodvibes

Thanks, but I probably should've mentioned that that was last summer. I'd like to make that same goal for this summer, but I am getting a late start with my running this year. I plan on completely resting tomorrow...unless I mulch my backyard...:crazy2: I hope you have a restful Sunday!

Okie -dokie........57 minute walk/run outside and 30 minute TM "glutes and thighs" workout done!

I'm caught up here and have answered the super QOTD, so I'm off to waste some time on Pinterest while I wait another 30 minutes for DD. then home for breakfast and yard work! TTYL..........P

Great job on the workout. Only 30 minutes for Pinterest? That's just not enough time :lmao:

I appear to have pulled a muscle in my back somehow!! Down the right side of my spine around the waist area. Woke up with it this morning. Decided against the camping as I don't want to aggravate it. DH is going to give me a gentle massage tonight and he's going to turn the mattress on the bed to see if that helps.

Be back later to see what you're all up to.

Ouch. Take it easy and relax. I hope your back feels better soon!

I was shocked at some of the "healthy foods" I'd been eating - the starchy ones especially like rice and beans. I have tried to cut back on starch without depriving myself. Fewer sandwiches and pastas but OK every once in a while. My exercise was not great last month because I was having a lot of back pain (have been in physical therapy, etc, for months w no improvement and increasing pain). Finally this week I had an MRI and they found a bulging disc and some SI joint problems and I was able to get a steroid injection in the joint. It is already starting to provide some relief, thank goodness, because we are off on our WDW trip next week and it could have been miserable. I am hoping the insane amount of walking won't aggravate things too much, and am packing plenty of Motrin to keep down the inflammation and will take it easy. That said, I was careful to be pretty conservative in my weight loss goal for the month and won't weigh myself until at least a few days after we get back. Not going to feel any guilt for a few pounds if they are courtesy of the Mouse!! LOL!

Yikes. Back pain is no joke. I'm glad you are getting some relief. Have a great trip!

Happy Saturday! Well, today proved even more busy than planned. After 2 great soccer games, my sister wanted to go to Sam's Club. It's about 20 minutes away. So, I left DSs and DH at home and went shopping with her. I came home, unloaded that trip, and ran to Aldi's and Giant Eagle for a few other things I didn't need in bulk. Hello...just need one onion, not 5 pounds :rotfl: DSs and I are now just vegging out and watch tv. They are also playing the tablet since they aren't allowed to play Mon-Thurs (school nights). They really didn't get to play yesterday since we went to a movie, so they are trying to get their fill of Mine Craft. I still don't understand that game :confused3

Tomorrow we have Sunday School and then I may mulch. Or, I may just take the day to relax and get some cleaning done inside. I swear I cannot keep up with this house!

Susan~thought you would enjoy this~a cat decided to have her babies under our mudroom in the back. The problem is that our yard is fenced in and the dog has a doggy door. So, Charley the Australian Cattle dog is none too happy that something is living under our mudroom. That's actually how we found them, the dog was going bonkers. So, DH crawled under the deck and shoved a camera under the mudroom to randomly snap pictures. We saw the mother and 2 kittens, but don't know if that's all there is. So my cat hating DH set up a trap to catch the mother so he can take them to a shelter. But, the mama isn't stupid and didn't fall for his idea :) So, I went out the other day and just called her and she came right out. She is so pretty and friendly. She looks so young, too. So DSs and I decided to just feed her. DH is not too happy with us. We are trying to convince him to keep the mother and get homes for the kittens, but he's not budging. He doesn't like the cat I have now lol. So, we are just waiting for now. We haven't actually seen the kittens. They are pretty far back under the room. I just hope mama keeps them safe and they don't wander out! We had an opossum baby massacre a few years ago and don't want that to happen again!

Okay, I am off to catch up on the exercise thread. Have a great night.

Jill

Bread, Bread shocks me with calorie content. One slice of Arnold Oat nut bread is 170 calories. Just the bread for the sandwich is 95% of my allotted calories for lunch. I switched to Arnold Flaxseed and Fiber thins, 100 calories for the whole bun! I use them for veggie burgers, sloppy joes, sandwiches and fried egg white sandwiches.

Busy day here today. DS16 was invited last minute to run in the Varsity invite so we were there all day. He had no expectations for this meet because he's never run with the top dogs before in Track. He just went out and had fun and ran the 3200 (2 mile) in 10:45:91!!! And he qualified for ECC's which is our regional post season event.
Coach was soooo impressed with his performance today. DS16 is currently the 2nd fastest runner in the 3200 for our team! WOOHOO!!!

For DS16, who plowed through his brick wall today.
Quote of the day:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”
― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture

Oh and the second quote of the day:
"He came out of nowhere"
-The boy that DS blew past in the last 200 meters.

IMG_9878.jpg

Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish, I wish tonight.

Ohh, a world of wishes,
A world where dreams come true.
So make a wish, see it through.
Dare to do what dreamers do.

Wishes...
Dream a dream.
Wishes...
Set it free.
Wishes…
Trust your heart.
Just believe.

Here we are at the end of our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. And my last little excerpt from a sparkpeople article. :goodvibes

Boldly explore your dreams

As we grow older, we reflect upon our lives--the things that we have done and the things we didn't do. Don't let this happen to you! What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Imagine the difference this could make in your life. Imagine how fearlessly you would march across the beach in your bathing suit! Break the habits of fear that are holding you back and forget the hundreds of distractions that seem to justify not trying new things! Achieve your dreams, take risks, build your vision and go boldly towards it.

QOTD Sunday, May 5, 2013: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel as we are in the middle of the first week of the challenge.

I hear you on the Pinterest, Pamela, I can spend an hour hopping from one thing to another and not even realize it. That is a sure sign that we are enjoying ourselves! :goodvibes

Most shocking to me was the pizza.....I knew it was bad....but not that bad!!! Haven't had pizza since starting this journey in January, I used to eat it at least once a week, main;y for convenience. TBH, I've not even craved it that much. We planned on having it twice and changed our minds at the last moment to something more healthy.

Been food shopping this morning, lots of offers in ASDA (UK version of Walmart) so stocked up on fat free yoghurt, rice, fish, chicken roast, and washing detergent!!! Veggie offers at our local Aldi (similar to Lidl......don't know if you have Aldi??) change tomorrow, so I'm waiting to see what they have before buying stuff for this week.

Been planning for my week away at the beginning of June, downloaded some jogging/walking routes for the area near my hotel so that I can get out each day. I like to return to the hotel to change into casual clothes then take myself away from the madness for an hour or so to wind down before dinner. Being on a committee with the same 11 other people in a room together for a week can be quite exhausting!!

Helen, hope that the back is feeling better today! :flower3: Great plan for your meeting -- taking a walk outside will be the perfect way to shake the cobwebs loose and relax. :cool2:

Happy Saturday!:goodvibes

Time to exercise, plan meals, shop and clean today. It is going to be BUSY!

So, to answer the QOTD?

Well, pasta servings was my "eye opener" when I got my food scale. I try and limit that food and when I do have it I only take a little.

Plus McDonalds. I expected my old standby Filet O Fish to be higher in fat and calories. Now it is not a great choice but at 390 calories with a tea, it is not too bad in a pinch.

Now I am not a fan of cheese on sandwiches despite being a cheese-a-holic and removing cheese, mayo, tartar sauce, dressings, etc can really decrease fat grams as well as calories on things.

Good point, MM. You can find healthier choices in a pinch if you take a few minutes to look at things. McDonald's just came out with an egg white egg sandwich. Even a regular old Egg McMuffin is 300 calories.

So sorry about the back pain! :flower3: I hope the PT gets you fixed up quickly so you can enjoy your trip to the Happiest Place on Earth! :smickey:

I remember being surprised at things when I started, but can't remember exactly what now. I remember things that I thought were healthy, weren't so healthy according to calorie counting and then weight watchers points. DH and I went to Bob Evans for breakfast last Monday since I was off of work and DSs had school. I got a veggie omelet with egg beaters, one piece of wheat toast, and fresh fruit. Weight watchers had it as 7 points. I calculated DHs humongous breakfast of eggs, potatoes, sausage, and pancakes...51 points! Those pancakes looked sooooooo good though!

Wowza on a 51 points breakfast! I'm sure the pancakes did look very tasty. ;)

Thank you! I slept a solid 8 hours! Except for the fact I fell asleep at 9:30 and was up at 5:30 am on a Saturday :mad: So, I worked out at 6:30, looked for healthy recipes then showered before soccer. I also hit Sam's Club, Aldi's, and Giant Eagle, so I am dragging now.

Thanks, but I probably should've mentioned that that was last summer. I'd like to make that same goal for this summer, but I am getting a late start with my running this year. I plan on completely resting tomorrow...unless I mulch my backyard...:crazy2: I hope you have a restful Sunday!

I don't think mulching counts as resting. Maybe if you rest today the mulching fairy will come this week and take care of it for you. :tink:

Great job on the workout. Only 30 minutes for Pinterest? That's just not enough time :lmao:

:lmao:

Ouch. Take it easy and relax. I hope your back feels better soon!

Yikes. Back pain is no joke. I'm glad you are getting some relief. Have a great trip!

Happy Saturday! Well, today proved even more busy than planned. After 2 great soccer games, my sister wanted to go to Sam's Club. It's about 20 minutes away. So, I left DSs and DH at home and went shopping with her. I came home, unloaded that trip, and ran to Aldi's and Giant Eagle for a few other things I didn't need in bulk. Hello...just need one onion, not 5 pounds :rotfl: DSs and I are now just vegging out and watch tv. They are also playing the tablet since they aren't allowed to play Mon-Thurs (school nights). They really didn't get to play yesterday since we went to a movie, so they are trying to get their fill of Mine Craft. I still don't understand that game :confused3

Mine Craft is an amazing game. People have done so many cool things with it -- made Hogwarts, working musical instrucments, -- it's not just for griefing and finding stuff. :rotfl: My son continually comes back to it.

Tomorrow we have Sunday School and then I may mulch. Or, I may just take the day to relax and get some cleaning done inside. I swear I cannot keep up with this house!

Cleaning doesn't count as relaxing. :hippie:

Susan~thought you would enjoy this~a cat decided to have her babies under our mudroom in the back. The problem is that our yard is fenced in and the dog has a doggy door. So, Charley the Australian Cattle dog is none too happy that something is living under our mudroom. That's actually how we found them, the dog was going bonkers. So, DH crawled under the deck and shoved a camera under the mudroom to randomly snap pictures. We saw the mother and 2 kittens, but don't know if that's all there is. So my cat hating DH set up a trap to catch the mother so he can take them to a shelter. But, the mama isn't stupid and didn't fall for his idea :) So, I went out the other day and just called her and she came right out. She is so pretty and friendly. She looks so young, too. So DSs and I decided to just feed her. DH is not too happy with us. We are trying to convince him to keep the mother and get homes for the kittens, but he's not budging. He doesn't like the cat I have now lol. So, we are just waiting for now. We haven't actually seen the kittens. They are pretty far back under the room. I just hope mama keeps them safe and they don't wander out! We had an opossum baby massacre a few years ago and don't want that to happen again!

Absolutely not!

Okay, I am off to catch up on the exercise thread. Have a great night.

Jill

Hope that you have a wonderful, relaxing day today, Jill. :flower3:

Bread, Bread shocks me with calorie content. One slice of Arnold Oat nut bread is 170 calories. Just the bread for the sandwich is 95% of my allotted calories for lunch. I switched to Arnold Flaxseed and Fiber thins, 100 calories for the whole bun! I use them for veggie burgers, sloppy joes, sandwiches and fried egg white sandwiches.

Busy day here today. DS16 was invited last minute to run in the Varsity invite so we were there all day. He had no expectations for this meet because he's never run with the top dogs before in Track. He just went out and had fun and ran the 3200 (2 mile) in 10:45:91!!! And he qualified for ECC's which is our regional post season event.
Coach was soooo impressed with his performance today. DS16 is currently the 2nd fastest runner in the 3200 for our team! WOOHOO!!!

Quote of the day:

“The brick walls are there for a reason. The brick walls are not there to keep us out. The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Because the brick walls are there to stop the people who don’t want it badly enough. They’re there to stop the other people.”

"He came out of nowhere"

I love the brick wall quote, Buffy! Congrats to your two speedy sons on their meet.

Are you saying that you allot 185 calories for your lunch? :eek: The Arnold Flaxseed Thins sound yummy -- I love anything with flaxseed.

The skies are blue and the birds are singing here today. Time for a little yard work and a little relaxing. It is a real treat to stay home on Sunday and not go anywhere. :cool2:

Happy Cinco de Mayo! :yay:

I want to RUN a 5K....just for me, no-one else, and just because I can!!!

I'm doing fine with the walking, but am finding it really hard to make that step up to running. I've tried the first week of couch to 5K, but can't even manage that!! I will get there though.

I've been out and walked 3 miles this morning (very slowly due to my back pain), but figured it was better to keep moving than let it seize up completely. We walked across the Humber Bridge and back in some lovely spring sunshine. The bridge itself is pretty impressive..........

HumberBridge_zps7b645d04.jpg

OH has promised me an iced americano with sugar free hazelnut syrup as a reward for keeping up my exercise, so going out for that now.

I want to RUN a 5K....just for me, no-one else, and just because I can!!!

I'm doing fine with the walking, but am finding it really hard to make that step up to running. I've tried the first week of couch to 5K, but can't even manage that!! I will get there though.

I've been out and walked 3 miles this morning (very slowly due to my back pain), but figured it was better to keep moving than let it seize up completely. We walked across the Humber Bridge and back in some lovely spring sunshine. The bridge itself is pretty impressive..........

HumberBridge_zps7b645d04.jpg

OH has promised me an iced americano with sugar free hazelnut syrup as a reward for keeping up my exercise, so going out for that now.

Enjoy your outing with OH! :cool2:

A 5K is a very doable goal. I never finished the C25K either -- I can't run 3 miles straight. But I can run/walk/run all day long using Jeff Galloway's method. He is the running consultant for Run Disney. Here is a link to his 5K program -- which is also available as an app for you phone http://jeffgalloway.com/training/5k.html and I am also linking to the Tower of Terror 10 miler training program which has a lot of good information about training for a race for reference. http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/ewwos/pdf/rundisney/training-programs/2014/TOT13_Beg.pdf But wait until your back is 100% healed for sure! ::yes::

Morning all! I'm up and moving. I've had my morning walk (with DD:lovestruc ) and we talked about our trip!!:goodvibes

I've got two pounds of green beans roasting in the oven and I've made my Epcot inspired Moroccan couscous salad chilling in the fridge. I'm bringing those today to our visit with DH's family. His niece and grandniece are here visiting from TX and we are all getting together.... plus I haven't seen the new grandnephew who lives in Maine, so we will get to see him too!

Yesterday was a crazy blur of yard work! I was exhausted last night. I splurged on not one, but TWO light beers..... counted them and had the Points for them, but it was still a splurge.

Oatmeal for breakfast was mmmm-mmmm-good! I'm relaxing my stranglehold on "no-carbs" for today since we will be eating away, so oatmeal with a bit of real sugar was a nice start for the day!

Off to figure out what I am wearing. If I can use the mobile wifi later, I will be back to answer the QOTD and chat a bit more..............P

I buy the Joseph's Flaxseed and oat bran lower carb sandwich thins and use them for everything too!

MAJOR WOOHOOO!!!!!:cheer2:

Quote of the day:

"He came out of nowhere"

And a BIG YEEE-HAAA for that!!! :thumbsup2

IMG_9878.jpg

Star light, star bright,
First star I see tonight.
I wish I may, I wish I might,
Have the wish, I wish tonight.

Ohh, a world of wishes,
A world where dreams come true.
So make a wish, see it through.
Dare to do what dreamers do.

Wishes...
Dream a dream.
Wishes...
Set it free.
Wishes…
Trust your heart.
Just believe.

Here we are at the end of our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth. And my last little excerpt from a sparkpeople article. :goodvibes

If I weren't visiting the MK soon, that would have made me CRY!!

QOTD Sunday, May 5, 2013: Is there something that you dream of doing just for you? If you feel comfortable, please share or just share how you feel as we are in the middle of the first week of the challenge.

I guess my big dreams for JUST ME (hard to think about JUST ME when thinking of the kids is so ingrained).... TRAVEL! I LONG to see the world! And I frustrated by my lack of travel funds and my DH who isn't interested in seeing much of anything besides the tv it seems. He promises me that when we retire we will travel some, but I'm not sure I really see that happening. That said, I am NOT afraid to be independent and take myself traveling if I so desire!..................P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter