WISH Away The Pounds - Marvelous March Challenge ~~ All are WELCOME!

I was bad yesterday. I was all ready to go to my Nia class, and I decided at the last minute not to go. I was still under on points/calories for the day, so it wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, I'm going out to lunch with co-workers today and need to make up for that tonight big time. Silly social situations, getting me into trouble. I'd order a salad, but I am very picky about what I eat.

Oops.

Hey all, wanted to share.

I checked this book out of the library and I think it has some great recipes. It is geared towards gluten free, but the recipes are very mainstream. I think I am actually going to purchase it.

500 Best Quinoa Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Dinner for breakfast sounds pretty good! We had a breakfast-for-dinner of sorts last night! I've been craving ooey gooey spinach and artichoke dip lately, but have been fighting to be good. Last night I made what turned out to be enough to get rid of the cravings. I'm not going to pretend it will replace my favorite dip but it did work enough to get me through! Here's what I did:

Chopped fresh spinach, onion, canned artichoke hearts (in water) and some minced garlic. Sauteed them in some Pam and a tiny amount of olive oil. Then added some Egg Beaters and made a frittata! I sprinkled some grated Parmesan on when I flipped it (in quarters - I can't quite flip an omelet/frittata in one piece and wouldn't dare try)! All the flavors were there (though none of the crunchy chips and gooey cheesiness.

Anyone else have any "when I'm craving X, I can usually just have Y" ideas? When I was hankering for buffalo wings over the Superbowl, I mixed up some Hidden Valley Ranch & lowfat sour cream with a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce and dipped celery and carrots. It tasted like the celery served w/the wings that have the leftover buffalo sauce on them, dunked in ranch. Worked for the craving, though I'd still LOVE some real wings now ;)

iheartjuppy said:
Hi! I am a newer member of the DIS. I joined the February challenge (late) but wasn't a participant in the thread. I'm hoping to be more active this month, and going forward, as I could definitely use some inspiration & motivation! :)

I started trying to make healthier choices in January - I've given up soda (even diet! yikes!) and have started tracking my food choices on MyFitnessPal. Last month I got a FitBit One to help me track my steps, etc. I have a desk job and a 90 minute (each way) commute so am out of the house, sedentary, for about 13 hours per day. We have 2 little ones - DD1 and DS4 - so not much "free" time for working out. I've been making it a priority to walk during my work day and steal extra steps wherever I can to make my 10,000 step/day goal. So far, I make it there about 80% of the time and am hitting at least 7-8K every day :) I'm down 14.5 pounds since January. We are heading to WDW on 5/5/13 to surprise DS for his 5th birthday. My goal is to make it to 25 pounds and be PROUD to be in as many pictures as we can take. It may sound vain, but as the mom, I am the taker of most pictures and when it's time to take my picture, I'm usually feeling less-than-camera ready and shy away. I don't want my kids to look back and wonder why mom isn't in any pictures!

To motivate myself, I've already pre-purchased the PhotoPass+ CD for our trip! No matter what my progress is by departure date, I think the mindset change, that being healthy and happy and IN THE PICTURES is my priority, is a huge shift for the better. :)

:welcome: And I totally understand about wanting to be happy with your pictures while at the World, I did the same thing last year when we went to the Land :-) What is your MFP name? I am araes2102 if you would like to be friends :-)

DisFam95 said:
Ugh I've not posted because I've been in a funk and just p!ssed at myself. I work hard last month and lost 4.5 lbs and after one weekend I was up 4. My father in law came over and brought a full BBQ spread. I chose the chicken and peeled of the skin but then I put a dab of potato salad on my plate. Omg it was sent from heaven (or maybe hell :) ). I went back for more and added the Mac and cheese. And then I spied the brown bag that was all soaked on the bottom - soaked w butter. The rolls! Had 1, 2, ok 3 :( They were small but still bad choice!!

Next day was a hockey game. I hadn't had "junk" food in a long time. I had my own order of nachos and a ton of popcorn. Then I ate the leftover BBQ. I just thought I might as well eat it all to get rid of it. Doh! It's ok to throw food away!!

I've eaten perfectly clean the last 2 days and working out like crazy. Just makes me mad that all this work I'm doing is to just get back to where I was and not losing. I need to work on the willpower.

Well it's hard to type hiking uphill on the treadmill.

Stay focused!!!

Sorry you have been in such a funk! I have been there many times myself, just remember this next time so you can limit the splurging right? At least that's what I always tell myself :lmao:

BernardandMissBianca said:
Just wanted to say I'm still here, just busy. DD was drafted to play a mouse in Cinderella and we had one weeks notice from the date she was asked to curtain! I've been working like mad to get mouse ears done for all 4 girls, and they are soo cute!
DS12 starts bowling this week, DS16 starts track next week, DS11 is still playing Basketball 2 days a week. So so much driving to do.

If anyone has any great low fat, low sauce, low calorie recipes for the crock pot it would be much appreciated!!

Crazy busy for you! Take care of yourself!

sorry about the multiple posts, using my phone again. anyway I have had a pretty good day so far, I got in another workout at the Y this morning :) plus I had an awesome surprise this morning... a 3 lb loss!! hope it sticks around for weigh in on Friday :banana:

Dinner for breakfast sounds pretty good! We had a breakfast-for-dinner of sorts last night! I've been craving ooey gooey spinach and artichoke dip lately, but have been fighting to be good. Last night I made what turned out to be enough to get rid of the cravings. I'm not going to pretend it will replace my favorite dip but it did work enough to get me through! Here's what I did:

Chopped fresh spinach, onion, canned artichoke hearts (in water) and some minced garlic. Sauteed them in some Pam and a tiny amount of olive oil. Then added some Egg Beaters and made a frittata! I sprinkled some grated Parmesan on when I flipped it (in quarters - I can't quite flip an omelet/frittata in one piece and wouldn't dare try)! All the flavors were there (though none of the crunchy chips and gooey cheesiness.

Anyone else have any "when I'm craving X, I can usually just have Y" ideas? When I was hankering for buffalo wings over the Superbowl, I mixed up some Hidden Valley Ranch & lowfat sour cream with a few dashes of Frank's Red Hot Sauce and dipped celery and carrots. It tasted like the celery served w/the wings that have the leftover buffalo sauce on them, dunked in ranch. Worked for the craving, though I'd still LOVE some real wings now ;)

Your spinach/artichoke frittata sounds delicious! I might need to try this!

My if I am craving X I can have Y food is fries. Chop up raw potatoes into sticks, coat them lightly with oil (I usually put them into a large mixing bowl and add 1 teaspoon oil for a one person portion), salt them and bake them in the oven. You can dip them in ketchup just like fries. The potatoes still have some calories, so it isn't calorie free. But obviously much better than fries.

I was bad yesterday. I was all ready to go to my Nia class, and I decided at the last minute not to go. I was still under on points/calories for the day, so it wasn't too bad.

Unfortunately, I'm going out to lunch with co-workers today and need to make up for that tonight big time. Silly social situations, getting me into trouble. I'd order a salad, but I am very picky about what I eat.

Oops.

I know everything about social situations. I go out for lunch with co-workers every day. At most places I now have my to go to thing that I know works more or less for me. But sometimes things don't go as planned.

However, I decided that certain social events are just too important to me to sacrifice them for a faster weight loss. My lunches are important to me and being happy is important for weight loss, too.

Also I know that once I am starting to maintain I will not want to stay away from social moments for the rest of my life. So I need to learn how to deal with them in a responsible manner anyway. It isn't the one meal a month when I can't resist the four cheese pizza that made me fat. It is ordering things like that on a regular basis and then eat everything on my plate instead of stopping when I am not hungry anymore.

So, I hope you had a great lunch and will just be back OP afterwards!! :goodvibes

Lunch was awesome. And I got bread pudding for later...

I moved my schedule around so I could fit in trivia tonight too with going to Zumba. (=

Today is a good day...

sorry about the multiple posts, using my phone again. anyway I have had a pretty good day so far, I got in another workout at the Y this morning :) plus I had an awesome surprise this morning... a 3 lb loss!! hope it sticks around for weigh in on Friday :banana:

Congratulations!! I think now I know where that mysterious 3 pound gain that I saw on my scale this morning came from!!!! And I thought it was water...:lmao:

Hey.

In fact, there was a woman at the Y last night.... probably at least 55 or 60 years old, wearing formfitting black "LiveStrong" workout gear, pumping iron and looking TOTALLY B.A. !! I was SO impressed. I want to be HER!! Strong is the new sexy, right??

There's a lady at my gym who works out and swims (often the same day) I think she's 72 if I remember right and she is cute as pie. Really-- she looks maybe 55. She is truly amazing and inspiring.

My husband finally felt the kittens moving and now he's freaking out thinking she's going to pop any time. So I watched her all this morning and it put me behind schedule and I don't think she'll have them today. She's still eating like a pig, not overly grooming herself and I'm pretty confident with my math. The only inch of doubt I have is how far along I estimated her to be when we got her-- it's a crapshoot. You shouldn't be able to tell any more than 3 weeks along which is what I have estimated her to be when I noticed-- that was superbowl sunday--but it could be it was more noticeable because she was so thin, or it could be she was farther along than I thought because at that point it was hard for me to believe it. I really didn't know a cat could go into heat in the winter like that.
I dunno-- he said she is being very affectionate which is a sign but I think she just is really taking to him lately. When we first got her it was obvious she was more comfortable with me than him which is rare-- usually they bond with him first. I think she was in a situation where she was closer to a woman than the man. Husband said it was a family that abandoned her-- there was crayon drawings all over the walls.

Anyway was feeling very down today so far. I got a wild hair last night and ate a half a pack of red vines. At least 6 anyway. I wasn't thinking there was a lot of calories in them but looked today and they are over 100 calories a vine...ugh. I'm taking them all to the free table at the gym today.:-( Was up 2 pounds from yesterday even though it was .0 and I need to go burn 600 calories at the gym today. My usual is about 350 so I guess I'll do an hour and a half on the elliptical lol. I just don't feel like it though-- I'm crampy, on the rag, have a headache and am really tired. I just want to go back to bed-- also freezing.
I'm also just missing my friend. I know it's ridiculous, I actually had a great week with him, saw him a lot, but I just feel grey and very down knowing I won't see him for 2 days lol. I am the most spoiled creature dang it. Well--it's Hard. Guess I just need to be nice to myself today (after brutal punishment at the gym I guess) I have hamburger-- I'll make tacos tonight and take a banana at least to the gym with me. I'm always eating breakfast then it's nothing 'till dinner because I'm at the gym and then running around shopping or something.
I'm also just kind of stressed waiting for Misty to have kittens because you don't know what will happen. I have a feeling it's her first and although we've fed her really well since we had her-- I know she was starving for weeks when she was in her first weeks. Sometimes the kittens die and that would really suck for us if that happened. The last litter we had, we got when they were just born and they all died except one. It was devastating. Especially the last one who made it 2 weeks, then we lost her to fading kitten syndrome. The poor things just didn't get that colostrum they needed. They were beautiful kittens too, it was just so sad, especially the way the mother died.
From all my reading on line it sounds like the most trouble with the birth could be is the tying of the umbilical cord-- sometimes you have to help with that I guess and I'm really unsure about that so I think I'll look some stuff up on that today so I know how to do it.
Well-- gonna go man up, take some ibuprofen and work out....Have great one!

Good morning all! Today's QOTD is pulled from the BL QOTD archive. Wish I could give credit, but here goes........

QOTD for Wednesday, March 6, 2013:

It's Woo Hoo :woohoo: Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did today to help you with your goals!!

WooHoo to me......went to slimming class for weigh-in tonight and I have OFFICIALLY lost 21lb since starting class on 8th Jan. (Lost a bit more according to my home scales as started on 1st Jan) Got a lovely shiny sticker for my book, and a certificate to put on the fridge door.
I stuck totally to plan today, so am feeling good about myself...now if only my monthly friend would clear off things would be really good!!!!

WooHoo to me......went to slimming class for weigh-in tonight and I have OFFICIALLY lost 21lb since starting class on 8th Jan. (Lost a bit more according to my home scales as started on 1st Jan) Got a lovely shiny sticker for my book, and a certificate to put on the fridge door.
I stuck totally to plan today, so am feeling good about myself...now if only my monthly friend would clear off things would be really good!!!!

A BIG woo hoo to you!!:cool1::woohoo::banana::cheer2:

Fantastic!! :banana::banana::banana::banana:

So, how many stones is that???

Susan, lots of good wishes for your cat and her kittens! I would be sooo nervous about that! But I hope they will all be healthy and just all around lovely!

And don't be so hard on yourself about those vines (I have no idea what these things are that have so many calories). That's a lesson I think many of us learned the hard way: Don't assume calories, always look them up. They hide in the most unexpected places! Very rarely food surprises me the other way round...

Eliza32 said:

Congrats!!! That is a great accomplishment :)

Nicole, I'm glad that your recovery is going well! :flower3: How does your DD like her new school? I'm looking forward to seeing you in August. :dumbo:
School is great! DD has been there exactly a week now and is really enjoying it. I love her teacher already, and the kindergarten program is exactly what I would design if I were a teacher. Each week has a theme and they do all of their reading, math, and science within that. The other students have been really welcoming - she received 6 drawings in her mailbox the first day and has already received a birthday invitation. I can't believe our luck, honestly. Every single thing about this school is better: closer to our house so we can leave later and get home earlier, great sense of community, amazing test scores throughout the district, etc. The other night, I made a comment to DD that we were finally on time for gymnastics now that we get home from school earlier - to which she said, "See, I told you a new school would be good." :lmao:
I can't wait for DL! :)

QOTD for Wednesday, March 6, 2013:

It's Woo Hoo :woohoo: Wednesday! Give yourself a big "woo hoo" for helping yourself to be healthy and share something that you did today to help you with your goals!!
I ate my boring veggie soup for lunch, even though I didn't want to! I took a walk on my lunch break. And I stayed out of the candy drawer at work. WOOHOO!

Hi! I am a newer member of the DIS. I joined the February challenge (late) but wasn't a participant in the thread. I'm hoping to be more active this month, and going forward, as I could definitely use some inspiration & motivation! :)

I started trying to make healthier choices in January - I've given up soda (even diet! yikes!) and have started tracking my food choices on MyFitnessPal. Last month I got a FitBit One to help me track my steps, etc. I have a desk job and a 90 minute (each way) commute so am out of the house, sedentary, for about 13 hours per day. We have 2 little ones - DD1 and DS4 - so not much "free" time for working out. I've been making it a priority to walk during my work day and steal extra steps wherever I can to make my 10,000 step/day goal. So far, I make it there about 80% of the time and am hitting at least 7-8K every day :) I'm down 14.5 pounds since January. We are heading to WDW on 5/5/13 to surprise DS for his 5th birthday. My goal is to make it to 25 pounds and be PROUD to be in as many pictures as we can take. It may sound vain, but as the mom, I am the taker of most pictures and when it's time to take my picture, I'm usually feeling less-than-camera ready and shy away. I don't want my kids to look back and wonder why mom isn't in any pictures!

To motivate myself, I've already pre-purchased the PhotoPass+ CD for our trip! No matter what my progress is by departure date, I think the mindset change, that being healthy and happy and IN THE PICTURES is my priority, is a huge shift for the better. :)
WELCOME! :wave2:
I know what you mean about photos - it's hard to see yourself when it's not a body you are proud of. I had similar issues. I love your idea to pre-purchase the PhotoPass! I can't believe your commute! I guess mine is about an hour each way, but still, I know how hard it can be. I also use FitBit. :)

Ugh I've not posted because I've been in a funk and just p!ssed at myself. I work hard last month and lost 4.5 lbs and after one weekend I was up 4. My father in law came over and brought a full BBQ spread. I chose the chicken and peeled of the skin but then I put a dab of potato salad on my plate. Omg it was sent from heaven (or maybe hell :) ). I went back for more and added the Mac and cheese. And then I spied the brown bag that was all soaked on the bottom - soaked w butter. The rolls! Had 1, 2, ok 3 :( They were small but still bad choice!!

Next day was a hockey game. I hadn't had "junk" food in a long time. I had my own order of nachos and a ton of popcorn. Then I ate the leftover BBQ. I just thought I might as well eat it all to get rid of it. Doh! It's ok to throw food away!!

I've eaten perfectly clean the last 2 days and working out like crazy. Just makes me mad that all this work I'm doing is to just get back to where I was and not losing. I need to work on the willpower.

Well it's hard to type hiking uphill on the treadmill.

Stay focused!!!
See what the scale says in a few days. Sometimes that one or two days of off-plan food comes off pretty quickly. I know it's frustrating to feel like a month's worth of hard work is gone. These things happen, and it's great that you jumped right back on plan. And once you get to maintaining, it will be easier to fit in some treat foods calorie-wise.

It took me a long time to realise that many of my skinny friends have body issues, too. I think it is just human - or maybe a sign of our society? Once I understood that even friends who I thought had beautiful bodies were unhappy with certain things - and that they were sincere about that not just trying to cheer me up or trying to put themselves down in order to get compliments, I found it much easier to accept my body as it. At least when I am within a healthy weight range. I figure that if my BMI is considered as not overweight I have no reason to be unhappy with myself. Of course I do see room for improvement, but I refuse to be emberassed about my looks. However, since I was a fat child and teenager it took me years after my first substantial weight loss in college to get to that point. And maybe I am also lucky that I can't look back at pictures of me when I was 16 and skinny. I am better looking now at 41 then I was back then.

What a great attitude!

Pamela, I also love your non-traditional breakfast! I know that in Asia people do eat rice for breakfast, so you could say you just had "Asian breakfast". I think I might have to consider looking for more non-traditional breakfasts myself, I still struggle with good breakfasts as so many traditional breakfast foods seem to have so many calories.

And congratulations to your DD for all her swimming success. I am happy that the year ends on a much better note than how it started!!

Thanks for saying that. It tickled me that you remembered all of DD's swim drama this year.

The "breakfast for dinner" as iheartjuppy called it, was actually really good. I've actually been changing up my breakfast selections a lot lately, including more non-traditional breakfast foods. Nice for a change of pace.

Nothing like having a nice long response ready to go and your computer flips out on you. Ugh! :confused:

Anyways, for the last two days I've actually been eating oatmeal! :cool1: I know this doesn't sound like a big deal, but I've always hated the texture of it and just couldn't bring myself to eat it. Since I didn't know what I was doing, my first attempt turned it into some watery, soupy-like substance. A fellow Disney Dork took pity on me and gave me some of hers and it was pretty yummy!:thumbsup2 She fed me some more today with cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice and it was good stuff!::yes:: So I'm going to attempt to cook some steel cut oats this weekend (read they are the best quality) and throw in a cinnamon stick. I've never done this before so any advice will be appreciated! I did find I like it more on the thicker side...

I've got a few steel cut oat recipes over on the BL recipe thread. Try making them in the crockpot...it works really well! And yes, I think that they are the best tasting and texture and are definitely better for you than rolled oats.

Oops.

YOU were not bad...just your choice. And it isn't the end of the world, right?

Try checking out the restaurant website in advance so you can make an informed decision away from the smells and temptations of the restaurant.

Hey all, wanted to share.

I checked this book out of the library and I think it has some great recipes. It is geared towards gluten free, but the recipes are very mainstream. I think I am actually going to purchase it.

500 Best Quinoa Recipes by Camilla Saulsbury

Hope everyone is doing well. :)

I bought that book for DSIL about a year ago (at Costco) and made her promise to share recipes with me, but she hasn't! I'll have to bug her about it! Maybe you could share a recipe or two?

The frittata sounds very yummy!

I have developed a few recipes and such over the years to help me deal with cravings. I'll share some if you are interested.

That is a definite cause for WOOHOO!

Your spinach/artichoke frittata sounds delicious! I might need to try this!

My if I am craving X I can have Y food is fries. Chop up raw potatoes into sticks, coat them lightly with oil (I usually put them into a large mixing bowl and add 1 teaspoon oil for a one person portion), salt them and bake them in the oven. You can dip them in ketchup just like fries. The potatoes still have some calories, so it isn't calorie free. But obviously much better than fries.

Try soaking them for a bit (20 min) in cold water and then patting them dry before adding the oil. It seems to help them crisp up.

I know everything about social situations. I go out for lunch with co-workers every day. At most places I now have my to go to thing that I know works more or less for me. But sometimes things don't go as planned.

However, I decided that certain social events are just too important to me to sacrifice them for a faster weight loss. My lunches are important to me and being happy is important for weight loss, too.

Also I know that once I am starting to maintain I will not want to stay away from social moments for the rest of my life. So I need to learn how to deal with them in a responsible manner anyway. It isn't the one meal a month when I can't resist the four cheese pizza that made me fat. It is ordering things like that on a regular basis and then eat everything on my plate instead of stopping when I am not hungry anymore.

So, I hope you had a great lunch and will just be back OP afterwards!! :goodvibes

Great words of wisdom. Sure, in some ways it is easier to avoid certain situations...but this is real life and the situation will come up again. Best to learn to deal with it in an appropriate way!

Lunch was awesome. And I got bread pudding for later...

I moved my schedule around so I could fit in trivia tonight too with going to Zumba. (=

Today is a good day...

Yummmm-o to bread pudding!

Congratulations!! I think now I know where that mysterious 3 pound gain that I saw on my scale this morning came from!!!! And I thought it was water...:lmao:

:rotfl2:
Hey.

There's a lady at my gym who works out and swims (often the same day) I think she's 72 if I remember right and she is cute as pie. Really-- she looks maybe 55. She is truly amazing and inspiring.

My husband finally felt the kittens moving and now he's freaking out thinking she's going to pop any time. So I watched her all this morning and it put me behind schedule and I don't think she'll have them today. She's still eating like a pig, not overly grooming herself and I'm pretty confident with my math. The only inch of doubt I have is how far along I estimated her to be when we got her-- it's a crapshoot. You shouldn't be able to tell any more than 3 weeks along which is what I have estimated her to be when I noticed-- that was superbowl sunday--but it could be it was more noticeable because she was so thin, or it could be she was farther along than I thought because at that point it was hard for me to believe it. I really didn't know a cat could go into heat in the winter like that.
I dunno-- he said she is being very affectionate which is a sign but I think she just is really taking to him lately. When we first got her it was obvious she was more comfortable with me than him which is rare-- usually they bond with him first. I think she was in a situation where she was closer to a woman than the man. Husband said it was a family that abandoned her-- there was crayon drawings all over the walls.

Anyway was feeling very down today so far. I got a wild hair last night and ate a half a pack of red vines. At least 6 anyway. I wasn't thinking there was a lot of calories in them but looked today and they are over 100 calories a vine...ugh. I'm taking them all to the free table at the gym today.:-( Was up 2 pounds from yesterday even though it was .0 and I need to go burn 600 calories at the gym today. My usual is about 350 so I guess I'll do an hour and a half on the elliptical lol. I just don't feel like it though-- I'm crampy, on the rag, have a headache and am really tired. I just want to go back to bed-- also freezing.
I'm also just missing my friend. I know it's ridiculous, I actually had a great week with him, saw him a lot, but I just feel grey and very down knowing I won't see him for 2 days lol. I am the most spoiled creature dang it. Well--it's Hard. Guess I just need to be nice to myself today (after brutal punishment at the gym I guess) I have hamburger-- I'll make tacos tonight and take a banana at least to the gym with me. I'm always eating breakfast then it's nothing 'till dinner because I'm at the gym and then running around shopping or something.
I'm also just kind of stressed waiting for Misty to have kittens because you don't know what will happen. I have a feeling it's her first and although we've fed her really well since we had her-- I know she was starving for weeks when she was in her first weeks. Sometimes the kittens die and that would really suck for us if that happened. The last litter we had, we got when they were just born and they all died except one. It was devastating. Especially the last one who made it 2 weeks, then we lost her to fading kitten syndrome. The poor things just didn't get that colostrum they needed. They were beautiful kittens too, it was just so sad, especially the way the mother died.
From all my reading on line it sounds like the most trouble with the birth could be is the tying of the umbilical cord-- sometimes you have to help with that I guess and I'm really unsure about that so I think I'll look some stuff up on that today so I know how to do it.
Well-- gonna go man up, take some ibuprofen and work out....Have great one!

Lot on your plate lately! I hope the ibuprofen and workout helped relieve some stress!

Congratulations! Keep making those good choices!

And don't be so hard on yourself about those vines (I have no idea what these things are that have so many calories). That's a lesson I think many of us learned the hard way: Don't assume calories, always look them up. They hide in the most unexpected places! Very rarely food surprises me the other way round...

Never eaten red vines myself, but I believe they are like red licorice strings...lots of sugar calories.

School is great! DD has been there exactly a week now and is really enjoying it. I love her teacher already, and the kindergarten program is exactly what I would design if I were a teacher. Each week has a theme and they do all of their reading, math, and science within that. The other students have been really welcoming - she received 6 drawings in her mailbox the first day and has already received a birthday invitation. I can't believe our luck, honestly. Every single thing about this school is better: closer to our house so we can leave later and get home earlier, great sense of community, amazing test scores throughout the district, etc. The other night, I made a comment to DD that we were finally on time for gymnastics now that we get home from school earlier - to which she said, "See, I told you a new school would be good." :lmao:
I can't wait for DL! :)

How absolutely wonderful! You must be so relieved! Sounds like she is off to a great start in her new place!

I ate my boring veggie soup for lunch, even though I didn't want to! I took a walk on my lunch break. And I stayed out of the candy drawer at work. WOOHOO!

I hear you about the boring soup. Sometimes I make up a big batch of something just for me, but by the time it is gone, I am so tired of eating it.
And I'll bet, in the long run, you were plenty satisfied.....and able to feel a bit smug about making such a healthy choice!:thumbsup2

See what the scale says in a few days. Sometimes that one or two days of off-plan food comes off pretty quickly. I know it's frustrating to feel like a month's worth of hard work is gone. These things happen, and it's great that you jumped right back on plan. And once you get to maintaining, it will be easier to fit in some treat foods calorie-wise.

So true!

Evening all! I hit the elliptical here at the Y for work-out #2 of the day...but didn't last as long as I planned. I drank a large cup of green tea on the ride here and it isn't sitting well in my belly. By the 30 minute mark I was feeling like I could throw up, so I decided I would call it "enough". I still feel gurgly and a bit queasy, but hoping it will pass before the drive home.

I will probably post tomorrow's QOTD before I go to sleep tonight. I am scheduled to work tomorrow and have no idea if I will have computer access.

Well....off to check on the weather report. It was snowing on my drive down here and I'm wondering if it is supposed to continue. TTYL...........P

Eliza32 said:

A huge woohoo for you! Coincidentally, with my 3 lb loss I have officially lost 21 lbs since I started started on Jan 8 as well :)

Hello, my dears! :)

Well, I got my snow day! It wasn't exactly restful, but I did sleep in until well past 9am. That's unheard of around here, and it rocked.

The storm was kind of a bust - we were forecast to get 8-12", and we got about 3-4", mostly slushy, messy stuff. It'll ice over tonight and make tomorrow morning a nasty drive (my commute day this week is switched up to tomorrow), but it could have been so much worse. And a day off!

I spent the day baking for the school's carnival - I volunteered to bring things for the bake sale and the cake walk. So you guessed it - I was licking batter bowls all day. So my QOTD? Not so much a day for making targeted efforts. :/ I didn't exercise, and I was in the kitchen pretty much all day. Tomorrow will be really busy - going into the office, meetings, errands, chorale rehearsal, and home to catch Big Bang Theory on the DVR before I pass out. I'll get back on track on Friday - but I do have a food plan for tomorrow! The Cooking Light lasagna I made for dinner tonight was really yummy, so I'm bringing leftovers of that for lunch, and I'll do Subway for dinner.

So DH's and my trip this month. I should feel guilty, but I just don't! :lovestruc We're heading out on the Dream for 4 nights while the girls are at Camp Grandma for spring break. It's a Caribbean itinerary, and we won't be getting off in Nassau (some of you might remember that our cruise last June turned into a nightmare with DH getting sick and airlifted off the Dream the first full day of the cruise - we've seen enough of Nassau, thankyouverymuch) - just Castaway. We have dining plans and that's about it - just some time to get away from work and relax together. I. Can't. Wait. We haven't exactly told DDs where we're going. :rolleyes1

We bought DVC this year, so we're staying at Beach Club for one night after we drop the girls off at Grandma's - doing the overnight drive so we can get a full day at Flower & Garden and then a good night's sleep before heading to the port. I'm giddy, and I have new dresses. ;) We leave for my MIL's two weeks from Friday - I can't believe it's that close! Currently lining up a kitty sitter and starting to think about packing...it definitely helps ward off the late winter blues - if only I could do this kind of winter escape every year!

Hope everyone has a great Thursday - talk to you all soon!

XO
Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter