• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds -- Jolly June AND JULY Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

QOTD June 3rd
You know what I think is funny about myself- when it comes to exercising with friends I tend to get jealous of their weight loss. I know I am awful!

I guess what works for me is seeing the exercises get easier so I can push my body farther the next time.
I DO get burn out when I fly into new exercises/ eating habits. It is so true to just try and eat better.
I don't have much motivation at the moment. But I keep plugging along, knowing that every small step leads me closer to being healthier.

Ana

Ooh, ooh, me too, me too! Have to work off all those yummy Italian carbs. :lmao: I'm not going to torture myself by even stepping on that scale until this coming Friday, but go ahead and mark me down for a 2 pound loss this month. I know I'm jumping in a little late, but that's fine. Be back to catch up later, but thank you Mags for hosting this month! :love:

Which leads me to the QOTD for Monday, June 3, 2013: Do any of these Motivational Makeovers work for you? Or do you have another way to get back your motivational mojo?

First - great article. Thanks for posting it.

My answer - numbers 2, 3 & 4 work for me. I have done the exercise/weight loss thing a number of times, and these three have brought me back every time. I set weekly goals, I try to eat only home made, and I tell everyone about my goals. My current examples:

I need to lose weight, and set a preliminary target of 175 lbs as a goal weight. I also want to lose that weight before my WDW vacation in August. So I set a goal to lose one pound/week for 17 weeks. 6 weeks in, I am down 7 pounds. That means that I am excited about being ahead of schedule instead of thinking about the remaining 10 pounds that I want to lose. I am losing the weight through exercise and a diet which consists almost exclusively of home made food. I am not really eating less food - but this food has fewer calories.

Also, I am training for the Goofy in January, and my wife is going for the Donald Half Marathon. This is my wife's first attempt at running, and she is doing great. Well, we told EVERYONE! We already have a few friends who are not runners registered and joining us in January. We will keep one another on track and meet this goal together!

While wandering in the new Fantasyland, we spotted Gaston! DD definitely had it on her "must do" list to meet him, but the line was closed.... so we returned to the spot about 20 minutes before the next meet-and-greet time and were first in line! He was SO SASSY and FUNNY! They compared "guns" and arm wrestled!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then we set off to find the new Rapunzel themed bathroom area! And it was GORGEOUS! I don't understand why Rapunzel and Flynn don't to meet-and-greets in this area! Sure, it's a potty, but it is beautiful and so well themed!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Then a bit more wandering before settling into a spot on the front of the hub, facing Cinderella castle, to stake our spot for the 9pm parade and 10pm Wishes. Turkey legs for dinner! (I will NOT share my photos of my crazy self scarfing down a turkey leg! :rotfl:)

Alice spoke directly to DD during the parade, referencing that she had "eyes on top of her head" since her sunglasses were still perched up there!

Despite my best efforts, most of my fireworks shots are blurry, at best, and unrecognizeable at worst. Here are two of the better ones.....

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Full moon rising behind Space Mountain.... LOVELY!

ry%3D400

Hot, wet (thanks to two end-of-the-night rides on Splash Mountain) and OH SO TIRED (12:50 am... we've been moving since 6:30 am on just 3 hours of sleep!).... waiting for the final ride of the night.... the Tram back to our car!

ry%3D400

NEXT INSTALLMENT.... Epcot and our attempt at Eat-Around-The-World 2.0!
......................P

And so it begins, with a healthy breakfast in the room. Instant steel cut oats for me (apple cinnamon), a cup of grapefruit pieces, and a Vitamuffin, plus instant coffee. Hot mocha (cocoa/coffee) and homemade blueberry muffins for DD (made a home, frozen, and vacuum sealed.... a bit smushed, but still delicious!). It was enough to keep us going most mornings... plus it is quick and cheap! Sure, it takes up suitcase space and requires that we check bags, but it saves so much time and money it is worth it!

ry%3D400

First up, my most favorite ride.... Soarin'! We requested top row for this first ride. It is as wonderful as I remember!

ry%3D400

Then over to check out the new Test Track (we liked it!) and visit Nemo at the Seas! Had to ride the ride as well! Impossible to get a decent photo in either of those. Then back to Soarin' to use our FP....

ry%3D400

And then what is USUALLY a quick stop to see our friend Figment on our way into World Showcase.... but the line was out the DOOR this particular day! :eek: But it is another favorite of DD's so we braved the line, which actually moved pretty quickly.

Then our FIRST STOP on our attempt at Eat-Around-The-World 2.0... MEXICO! We skipped Mexico on our last visit, as DD had gotten sick while at Disney on a school trip and attributed it to something she ate there.... but she was feeling brave, so we gave it a shot. We ordered a kids empanada meal to share.... it was just enough to get a quick taste of Mexico and move on! No margarita for me... my stomach was too empty and they were too expensive!! But DD did order a pineapple Jarrita (soda), hoping it would remind her of Costa Rica.... but she said it wasn't the same. :(

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

After visiting Donald and friends on Gran Fiesta tour (nice chance to rest in shade!), it was a short hop to NORWAY! We took a walk through the Stave church and then straight to the Kringla bakery!! We got school bread on our last visit, after reading so many rave reviews about it on the DIS, but we didn't care for it. So this time is was something different.... Verdens Beste, the national cake of Norway... a spice rum cake with vanilla custard topped with an almond meringue. We declared it better than school bread, but still not a huge favorite.

ry%3D400

Then into China.... love the building there (the name escapes me at the moment... beautiful round tiled building) and we took a moment to visit the terra cotta warriors. Since we only wanted something small to eat, our choice was potstickers or egg rolls. DD doesn't care for egg rolls and we like the potstickers last time, so that was our choice.

ry%3D400

By this time our energy was flagging and the morning caffeine buzz had definitely worn off, so we were in search of some artificial energy. While looking for some tea, DD spotted this drink at the waterfront drink vendor in China.... called Tipsy Ducks in Love! It was a interesting combo of tea, coffee, and chocolate. I bought DD the virgin version (minus the bourbon) and shared a bit with her. It was actually very tasty. DD only marginally liked it, but the sugar/caffeine hit was wonderful for her. We drank it while waiting to meet Mulan!

ry%3D400

Next up our voyage took us to GERMANY! We had read so much about the caramels in the Karamell-Kuche treats shop that we decided we HAD to try something in there (last time we just enjoyed a basic soft pretzel). We shared a milk chocolate salted caramel. SO yummy!! But it was hard to choose because there was SO MUCH that looked delicious!!

ry%3D400

For our next stop on this "World Tour" we headed into ITALY!!

ry%3D400

We haven't yet discovered a take-out/quick service food place there.... perhaps we haven't searched enough. But twice running our food of choice in Italy has been sparkling water! Probably because by the time we get there, we are getting FULL!!:lmao: We did spend a few minutes watching a street show.... "The Ziti Sisters". Very cute, but too hot to stand still in the sunshine for long.

We had discovered, while in Germany, that Snow White would be visiting soon. We really wanted to meet her, so we hustled back to her meet-and-greet spot to get in line. It was really hot at this point and the line was in pure sunshine. But we waited it out and it was worth the wait!

ry%3D400

By now it was time to head back to Future World to use our FP for TT, so we hopped aboard the boat heading back that way! Nice way to relax and rest our feet a bit!

We couldn't BELIEVE the line for the FP return at TT! It was waaaay out of the building! I think it was nearly 30+ minutes before we even got IN the building! I think the stand-by time was about 2 hours at this point! Ridiculous! But it was fun and we took the time to "build" our own car this time around. IT was definitely a WINNER!

ry%3D400

After our ride, we walked back into World Showcase to finish our "Eat-Around-The-World 2.0" attempt.... so next up was JAPAN!! (Yes, we skipped America... we can get funnel cakes and ice cream at home!)

We weren't particularly starving at this point, so we decided to buy a small packaged snack at one of the carts. DD didn't want anything to do with the shrimp-flavored crackers and chips and I don't do spicy, so no wasabi peas for me.... so we settled on MOCHI. I had always wanted to try it. It was pricey ($7.99 for 6) but what the heck, we were on vacation! For those unfamiliar, Mochi is a small ball of ice cream covered with a pastry type product. We chose strawberry.... and declared it totally ICKY!!!! (And notice that the box declares it "100% made in the USA!!... silly us!) It was kind of like raw pastry dough wrapped around cheap ice milk.... not pleasant and SO NOT worth 100 calories a piece (yes, I read the box)!!

ry%3D400

We were going to throw away the remaining 4 when a teenage girl came up and asked us where we bought them. We told her, but offered her the remainder of our box, since we didn't like them. She thanked us and shared them with her friends. Glad we didn't have to toss them out!

We were excited to see the candy lady out,but she was just finishing up her show, so we saw the very tail end of it. We saw her working last time we were there as well... her creations are amazing!

Next installment............on to Morocco!.................P

Loving the TR Pamela!

I am rushing off to Seattle unexpectedly but am quickly posting a QOTD and will be back later.

It's back on track Tuesday and here is an article from sparkpeople.com to give us some ideas of ways to get back on track when we need to, because we all will sooner or later. :goodvibes

25 Ways to Get Back on Track Today
Don't Give Up on Your Goals!
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor & Health Educator

Not long ago, you were energetic and determined to start your healthy lifestyle. Starting with enthusiasm and hope, you watched your food intake diligently, exercised like it was going out of style, and even avoided the temptation that seemed to lurk around every corner. You were confident that you were going to reach your goals once and for all!

Then certain tragedy struck! You ate an extra piece of birthday cake. Realizing you had “blown” your diet, you ate another and another and couldn’t get it together the next day either. Or worse, you missed one workout, and that turned into a whole week away from the gym. After that, your momentum to start over again was gone, and your gym bag hasn’t left the closet since.

Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices: to keep walking backwards, which will surely take you even further away from your goals; or to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the future you want.

If you’re reading this, you might have been walking backwards for a while. But instead of waiting for the next day, week, month or even year to overhaul your habits, start TODAY. And start small. You can’t go from the recliner to running or from burgers to Brussels sprouts in an afternoon. But you can do one, two or even a handful of small things that will help you regain your momentum for healthy living.

When you feel like getting back on track is overwhelming, try one (or more) of these small steps each day.

1. Try a short workout. Even five minutes is better than nothing. For ideas browse our video library or workout generator.

2. Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.

3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Get lots of breakfast ideas here.

4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference!

5. Look at Motivational SparkPages. Seeing how others overcome similar struggles and obstacles can be a great source of motivation.

6. Track your food today. No matter how it adds up, you’ll learn from it.

7. Update your SparkPage. It’s a visual way to track your ups and downs, but also your progress.

8. Share your goals. Whether you post them on the Message Boards or share them with a friend, you’ll be more accountable.

9. Exercise for 10 minutes. Jump rope, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big!

10. Find a buddy. Get support from friends, whether you need someone to listen or a mentor to give you ideas and encouragement.

11. Take a walk. Don’t worry about how long or far you go—just get out there!

12. Create a motivational collage. Include pictures of your goal and reasons why you want to get there.

13. Go shopping for some healthy foods. Use this shopping list for ideas.

14. Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.

15. Ride your bike. Even a leisurely ride has benefits for your body and mind.

16. Work in the yard. Gardening and yard work is a great way to add activity to your day.

17. Take the stairs. Even if this is the only thing you do all day, you’ll feel stronger for it.

18. Rack up those SparkPoints! You earn them for every healthy task you do on the site—talk about motivating! Aim for a certain milestone, such as 100 points, and then reward yourself with a SparkGoodie!

19. Listen to an inspirational song. Better yet, make a playlist of them so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost.

20. Re-start your SparkPeople program. Sometimes it’s easier to get back on track when you have a clean slate.

21. Measure your portions. It’s a simple way to learn how much you’re eating.

22. Eat a piece of fruit. Even if 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables sounds impossible to you, one is doable.

23. Slow down during meals. You’ll be less likely to overeat and more likely to enjoy your meal.

24. Play! What kids call “play,” we often call “exercise.” Play a sport, a game, or use the playground equipment to bring the fun back into fitness.

25. Learn something new. Sometimes simply taking a quiz or reading an article about nutrition, fitness, or health can change your mindset and get you back on track.

In tennis, losing one point isn’t the end of the world. It happens to the best of them. In fact, if you can consistently win a few more points that you lose, you may end up in the hall of fame. With healthy eating and exercising, as long as you’re consistently out-stepping your steps back, you’re ahead of the game. If you expect perfection (and many of us do), you’re setting yourself up for disappointment and guilt.

You CAN get back on track today. Even if you’re moving slowly, you’ll be moving in the right direction!

Here is the link to the entire article http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=1062 if you are interested.

QOTD Tuesday, June 4, 2013: Which of these strategies might help you get back on track? Or do you have one of your own to add?

Ooh, ooh, me too, me too! Have to work off all those yummy Italian carbs. :lmao: I'm not going to torture myself by even stepping on that scale until this coming Friday, but go ahead and mark me down for a 2 pound loss this month. I know I'm jumping in a little late, but that's fine. Be back to catch up later, but thank you Mags for hosting this month! :love:

Welcome home :) I hope you had an amazing trip!

Loving the TR Pamela!

QOTD Tuesday, June 4, 2013: Which of these strategies might help you get back on track? Or do you have one of your own to add?
I love this article!

1. Try a short workout. Even five minutes is better than nothing. For ideas browse our video library or workout generator.

2. Try a new recipe. Cooking healthy foods can be fun and it never has to be bland.

4. Drink your water. Try to aim for 8 cups each day and you’ll feel the difference!

24. Play! What kids call “play,” we often call “exercise.” Play a sport, a game, or use the playground equipment to bring the fun back into fitness.

These are the ones that get me back on track. I used to not workout if I only had 5-10 minutes, but I realized a quick walk or some brief exercises such as push ups and lunges get my heart going. Plus, I've never complained after a quick workout! I always, always, feel better. I HAVE to track food or all bets are off. And, when I'm feeling tired, I notice a bottle of fresh, cold water always perks me up. I am always trying new recipes as well. Some are hits, some are so yucky that my dog won't even eat it :rotfl2: I'm pretty much addicted to Pinterest and looking for recipes. I need a Pinterest Anonymous meeting!

I love a good "to-do" list!! I actually love that physical act of putting a big black line through something I've done! I created a huge to-do list and coordinating map of the yard to be sure that everything gets done before DD's graduation party. Every flowerbed gets a number and then on the chart I have a check list for "weeded", "edged", "planted", and "mulched" and for the lawn areas I have numbered sections and a checklist for "raked", "seeded", "watered", and "mowed". I have a total of 20 numbered areas, since I break the lawn into 3 big sections (front, side, back), and I break some of the larger flowerbeds into sections. It is so much fun to take a break from the sun and be able to come in and put some put check marks on the chart! Silly, I know, but a great incentive for me!

I hope that everything on your list got done and you can relax and enjoy your upcoming sister time and vacation time!

:worship: You are my kind of lady :rotfl: That is one impressive list. I totally agree that crossing things off a list gives me a sense of accomplishment. It makes me feel like I used my time wisely and when all is said and done, I've earned some time to sit and watch tv or play on the computer!

It looks like you had a wonderful time in Disney. I'm sure you and your daughter made some lasting memories before she goes off to college. And, you both look fantastic! I love your hair, by the way :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait for it....wait for it...

Today's my last day of work! Whoohoo! :cool1: Summer vacation starts in T minus 2 hours and 46 minutes! But, who's counting? :)

Today's plan is to clean out my car :crazy2:, pack for my overnight trip with my sister, and get the kids packed for the beach. Plus, soccer is officially over, so I am heading to the gym tonight for circuit training class. I am so excited to go back.

I ran yesterday and it felt so good. it was the perfect running day, sunny and 65. My dog rocked 3.15 miles with me. It helped that she wasn't distracted by too much at the park. If she sees a squirrel, duck, goose, dog, rabbit, fish, or deer she doesn't like, she could dislocate my arm! She's about 55 pounds, but for the most part, she's a good running buddy. Although, some days I just don't take her because I need to be in the zone. I can't be in the zone when she's wrapping around me & stopping to sniff in random places.

It sounds like everyone is off to a good start this month. I hope we all keep it up! Okay, I'm off running to my first class. Sayonara 2012-2013 school year!

Jill

17. Take the stairs. Even if this is the only thing you do all day, you’ll feel stronger for it

I worked in the court house and our office were 2 levels and I would go up and down the stairs about 20 times a day, and we had to move do to the court house being closed for a remodel and I was shocked how much going up and down those stairs did for me.

Loving the TR Pamela!

Thanks!

I am rushing off to Seattle unexpectedly but am quickly posting a QOTD and will be back later.

It's back on track Tuesday and here is an article from sparkpeople.com to give us some ideas of ways to get back on track when we need to, because we all will sooner or later. :goodvibes

25 Ways to Get Back on Track Today
Don't Give Up on Your Goals!
-- By Nicole Nichols, Fitness Instructor & Health Educator

Not long ago, you were energetic and determined to start your healthy lifestyle. Starting with enthusiasm and hope, you watched your food intake diligently, exercised like it was going out of style, and even avoided the temptation that seemed to lurk around every corner. You were confident that you were going to reach your goals once and for all!

Then certain tragedy struck! You ate an extra piece of birthday cake. Realizing you had “blown” your diet, you ate another and another and couldn’t get it together the next day either. Or worse, you missed one workout, and that turned into a whole week away from the gym. After that, your momentum to start over again was gone, and your gym bag hasn’t left the closet since.

Every time you misstep on your healthy journey, you have two choices: to keep walking backwards, which will surely take you even further away from your goals; or to accept your lack of perfection as normal and forgivable, and take not one, but two positive steps down the path that brings your closer to the future you want.

If you’re reading this, you might have been walking backwards for a while. But instead of waiting for the next day, week, month or even year to overhaul your habits, start TODAY. And start small. You can’t go from the recliner to running or from burgers to Brussels sprouts in an afternoon. But you can do one, two or even a handful of small things that will help you regain your momentum for healthy living.

When you feel like getting back on track is overwhelming, try one (or more) of these small steps each day.

You CAN get back on track today. Even if you’re moving slowly, you’ll be moving in the right direction!

I find that trying a new HEALTHY recipe or going grocery shopping for a fridge full of healthy fruits and veggies is a great way to get me back on track.

These are the ones that get me back on track. I used to not workout if I only had 5-10 minutes, but I realized a quick walk or some brief exercises such as push ups and lunges get my heart going. Plus, I've never complained after a quick workout! I always, always, feel better. I HAVE to track food or all bets are off. And, when I'm feeling tired, I notice a bottle of fresh, cold water always perks me up. I am always trying new recipes as well. Some are hits, some are so yucky that my dog won't even eat it :rotfl2: I'm pretty much addicted to Pinterest and looking for recipes. I need a Pinterest Anonymous meeting!

I hear you with the Pinterest! I try to limit myself to just a few minutes before bedtime, or when I am sitting and waiting for the kids. Otherwise it can suck away HOURS of my day! But there is a WEALTH of great recipes and meal idea on there!

:worship: You are my kind of lady :rotfl: That is one impressive list. I totally agree that crossing things off a list gives me a sense of accomplishment. It makes me feel like I used my time wisely and when all is said and done, I've earned some time to sit and watch tv or play on the computer!

I love being able to look back on my day and/or week and actually SEE what I have done. I think that is why I ramble on here so much about what I am doing. Otherwise it feels like I haven't done anything sometimes! I was so excited that DH and I went out last night after dinner to spread a bit more mulch and do s bit more weeding. It meant I could check off one more section of the largest flowerbed!!:lmao:

It looks like you had a wonderful time in Disney. I'm sure you and your daughter made some lasting memories before she goes off to college. And, you both look fantastic! I love your hair, by the way :)

I'm getting more used to the hair, now that it has grown out a bit. I need to remind myself to NEVER cut it any shorter than it is now.... I just don't like it shorter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wait for it....wait for it...

Today's my last day of work! Whoohoo! :cool1: Summer vacation starts in T minus 2 hours and 46 minutes! But, who's counting? :)

WOOOOHOOOOO!!! Congrats on making it through another year! You so deserve this break!!

Today's plan is to clean out my car :crazy2:, pack for my overnight trip with my sister, and get the kids packed for the beach. Plus, soccer is officially over, so I am heading to the gym tonight for circuit training class. I am so excited to go back.

I ran yesterday and it felt so good. it was the perfect running day, sunny and 65. My dog rocked 3.15 miles with me. It helped that she wasn't distracted by too much at the park. If she sees a squirrel, duck, goose, dog, rabbit, fish, or deer she doesn't like, she could dislocate my arm! She's about 55 pounds, but for the most part, she's a good running buddy. Although, some days I just don't take her because I need to be in the zone. I can't be in the zone when she's wrapping around me & stopping to sniff in random places.

It sounds like everyone is off to a good start this month. I hope we all keep it up! Okay, I'm off running to my first class. Sayonara 2012-2013 school year!

Jill

Enjoy tonight's workout and have a wonderful time away with your sisters! I'm kind of envious!

Happy Tuesday friends! I am on pins and needles today. I lead my first VERY OWN WW meeting tonight! But I've done lots of thinking and reflecting about last week's "practice" leading and I know I'm ready to rock this! Plus I can really understand and talk about this weeks' topic (starting your day right), so I feel confident. What I DON'T feel confident about is all of the other meeting "stuff" that needs to be done. And of course, in typical fashion, the person who is supposed to contact me about all of this has not done so yet! I am going to email her this morning and if I don't get a response, I will call her at lunch time. I have NO IDEA how to run the basics of this meeting, where to get a key, where the WW cupboard is, how to do the weigh-ins, etc!!

Sorry if my trip report got a little rambly. Feel free to just skip it if you don't have time. It was a fun trip down memory lane for me though. I am going to send my Mom a link to it, since she hasn't seen/heard much about it, other than a few photos I posted on FB.

Plutobaby..... I knew when you talked about the Italian carbs that you have just gotten back from your trip, but I hadn't yet seen your post on the May thread! Sounds like you had a WONDERFUL time and really enjoyed yourself! Can't wait to hear/see more about it! Glad you are back safely with us!

Breakfast is eaten. Time to run the dishwasher, send a few emails, and get something done around here. The weather has cooled down a LOT so it will be much easier to get stuff done outside!

Today is DD's last h.s. biology class and nearly her last day of high school. She is really getting sad. She is one of those unusual kids who really likes school and wants to be there and to learn and work hard. I know that making the break from h.s. is going to be tough for her.

Okay.... off to send those emails. I'll be back in a bit to add more to the trip report!..............P

LOVE your trip report! I'm dying to meet Gaston!

---
Sorry I'm in and out a lot. Just a busy summer.

Yesterday I started Galloways TOT 10 Miler training program and did some gold's gym wii boxing.

This morning I did pilates since I'm going to be out the rest of the day.

Think I may pick up a bikini at the mall today to see if it'll keep me motivated to wear in August. :goodvibes I'm really gonna have to dedicate myself to the clean eating for the next two months if I want to make it, but I've seen a lot of impressive changes by going full force for even a short amount of time. Guess we'll see! Work has been helping too since I'm on my feet all day.

Time to make better food choices for our Eat-Around-The-World 2.0 attempt after the disaster of MOCHI! :lmao: Up next was Morocco. I had tried a couscous salad there in 2010 and loved it so much that I had it again in 2011.... but was ready for something new. The only other "small" offering was lentil salad. DD is NOT a fan of lentils, but I was willing to give it a go and she said she would at least taste it. So lentil salad it was. And while I was waiting to order it, DD checked out the pastries and decided that maybe we needed to sample those as well! She bought some sort of rolled pastry with a fruit filling (maybe apricot) and bought me a serving of what was advertised as cashew baklava.... but it looked like no baklava I'd ever seen.

The lentil salad was just okay. Not overly flavorful and of course, as expected, DD hated the texture of the lentils. I could have finished it, but opted not to. And DD and I were BOTH disappointed with our pastries. She didn't care for the fruit filling of hers and my baklava wasn't at all what I expected. That being said, I did eat about half of it and wrapped the rest for possible later consumption. We tossed about half of DD's selection. I hate to see the money wasted, but it wasn't worth the calories in our opinion. Overall Morocco was disappointing.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Next up was FRANCE! We were SO looking forward to all of the lovely pastries we saw/enjoyed last time at the Boulangerie Patisserie.... but what is THIS?? The bakery is CLOSED?? They have moved the pastry shop into the bigger building that housed the gift shop. Still plenty of good selections available. By this time I was wanting something a bit more like "real" food after all of the sweets we had eaten. The sandwiches were too big and not terribly appealing, so we opted to share a garlic cheese roll.... and a tarte de citron (we were told it was very much like a lemon meringue tart).

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

The warm savory garlic cheese roll hit the spot after so much sugar! The dessert was disappointing... AGAIN! It was VERY tart.... almost puckering! We again did NOT finish it and it hit the trash. We are certainly saving calories but wasting money!

We traveled forward to the UK, but since their counter service is mostly a fish and chips shop and we no longer eat anything from the ocean, we had to skip it.... which was okay, since we weren't really hungry!! :rolleyes1 I wish we had more time to explore in that area, but the day was dwindling down. I even skipped the opportunity to hop in line to meet Mary Poppins (which I kind of regret) and Alice came skipping by us and we barely had time to say hello!

We were moving on to Canada next, but the day was getting SO LATE that again, we didn't really take the time to explore. The only foods available in Canada (from past experience at least) were things like Canadian beer, popcorn, and beaver tails (not a pastry I enjoy), so we missed our eating opportunity there as well. We should have taken a few extra minutes to meander through, as I think that the Canadian area is one of the prettiest ones in Epcot, but we were really feeling RUSHED to get out of Epcot and over to the MK for the evening. We wanted to be in the back of the MK before the crowds gathered on Main Street for the parade and fireworks.

We did stop for a few photos in one of my favorite areas. Sadly they aren't well focused on me, but the little stone house is adorable!
ry%3D400

I had NEVER visited Club Cool and it was on our list of "if we have time"... and lo and behold, what do we find ourselves in front of on our way out of Epcot, but the very same CLUB COOL! So we popped in for a visit! We of COURSE, had to try Beverly and make nasty faces! And DD was anxious to try the Costa Rican soda.... which she declared a disappointment. We both really liked the fruity Italian soda the best (or was it from Mexico??).

ry%3D480

Our first priority of business upon reaching MK was to meet the one and only Mickey Mouse and have a gift signed for a friend of DD's (a mouse-ears graduation mortar board!). Then on to meet Princesses and ride rides while others were enjoying the parade and fireworks!

ry%3D400

And a visit to Disney would not be complete without a Mickey bar, right??? One to share between DD and myself was enough this night, after all of the eating at Epcot!

ry%3D400

And how beautiful is Rapunzel's tower at night!!

ry%3D400

We shared a kids hamburger late night at Peco's Bills.... complete with fries AND onion rings! We didn't eat it quite all! :rolleyes:

ry%3D400

We finished the evening with some classics.... IASW, BLSRS, JC, and Space Mtn. BTW, Jungle Cruise is REALLY neat in the dark!

We were definitely in the last batches of folks to leave the park. See that red blob waaaaay far down the parking lot?? Yeah, me NEITHER! That was our rental car.... after we had been walking for a while from the tram stop! We were SO tired, I thought we would NEVER reach it!! That photo was taken at 2:02 am! We were definitely exhausted!!

ry%3D400

NEXT INSTALLMENT.... Memorial Day Monday at DHS!!...................P

P - wow great TR so far!!!!
Welcome back Plutobaby!
QotD - I find drinking my water is what helps me.. I def notice on days - like the weekends - when i don't..

on a personal note - I walked yesterday - I got new sneakers, dropped off Hubs at home then headed to track even though there was this HUGE BLACK CLOUD over the school, I got out of my car and dodged the rain drops for 10 or so mins then they went away and I did 6 laps then I even jogged half of my last one... when home had dinner and went to bed LOL.. today my abs are slightly sore which I guess is good but I thought was weird since I was just walking.. Oh well tonight I start my 30 mins of core workouts .. walk, core, walk core, walk , core , REST is how I see it going each week..

P - wow great TR so far!!!!
Welcome back Plutobaby!
QotD - I find drinking my water is what helps me.. I def notice on days - like the weekends - when i don't..

on a personal note - I walked yesterday - I got new sneakers, dropped off Hubs at home then headed to track even though there was this HUGE BLACK CLOUD over the school, I got out of my car and dodged the rain drops for 10 or so mins then they went away and I did 6 laps then I even jogged half of my last one... when home had dinner and went to bed LOL.. today my abs are slightly sore which I guess is good but I thought was weird since I was just walking.. Oh well tonight I start my 30 mins of core workouts .. walk, core, walk core, walk , core , REST is how I see it going each week..

Good job walking, despite the rain. I suppose sore abs after a walk means that you engaged them well! The walk, core workout plan sounds perfect!..........P

UP and out early today for EMH at DHS! Tough to get up after another short night (I think we got 4 hours of sleep), but we knew it would be worth it in the long run!

Waiting for the gates to be open!

ry%3D400

Good morning to RNR!
ry%3D400

And on to TOT!!!
ry%3D400

After going back and forth between RNR and TOT a few times (with some judicious use of FP, etc) we ducked out of that area as it was getting really crowded and decided to try the new Star Tours. We were unsure about the crowds since it was just one day post-SW weekend, but the line was under 20 minutes (maybe even under 15). We loved the new queue and the refurbed ride components!

By this time we were getting hungry for lunch and the closest place was the Backlot Express... but we had to wait for them to open at 11:30. We grabbed what we thought would be the easiest thing to take to walk and eat... chicken nuggets (shared an adult portion... ordered without fries, but they were on there nonetheless... so we ate them!). Neither DD nor myself could remember when we last ate ANYTHING called a "nugget"!:rotfl: But they were reasonably tasty and easy to eat on the run.... toward MuppetVision 3-D!! We knew we would have to time it just right to see MV3D and still get back to use our RNR FP.... but it worked out in our favor and we made it into MV with virtually no wait and then headed straight back down Sunset Blvd to get there within our FP return time (11:45 - 12:45). We had noticed that they were being VERY strict all over the resort regarding FP return times! They were cutting folks very little slack and we didn't want to miss our ride!

It was 12:50 when we departed RNR and thought we'd take a chance on getting into the 1pm showing of BATB. We made it with no problem, got great seats (although I think it was a near capacity crowd) and it was a delightful show! I can't remember if'/when we had ever seen it and it was great to see it without waiting in a crazy line!

At that point we decided to say Adios to to DHS to head back to the room to wash up, cool off, and grab a large coffee buzz somewhere!! We were staying in the Rock and Roll section of All-Star Music resort. Not an ideal location, but I didn't make a room request, so I guess I get what I get!

ry%3D480

We took NO TIME to expore the resort so this was about all I saw of it besides the check-in desk and our room!

After cooling, washing, etc, we grabbed the required caffeine drinks at the local McDonald's.... after waiting in an OBSCENELY long and slow drive-thru line... nearly 30 minutes for 2 coffees???? Iced mocha latte with skim and no sugar for DD, straight up iced with skim and Splenda for myself.

ry%3D400

Next up..... another evening at the Magic Kingdom!..............P

Off to lead my very first WW meeting of my very own! I'm nervous but excited. Apparently this location has been without a meeting leader for a few weeks now, so I figure no matter WHAT I do, I am better than nobody! :lmao:

Wish me luck and pixie dust! TTYL.....................P

LOVING your trip report, pjlla! Thanks so much for sharing it with us.:)

3. Eat a healthy breakfast. Your morning meal sets the stage for the rest of your day, so start if off right! Get lots of breakfast ideas here.
I've found that I love oatmeal sweetened with honey and vanilla almond milk mixed in. I've been trying to eat that every morning.

19. Listen to an inspirational song. Better yet, make a playlist of them so you can turn to it whenever you need a boost. I've been compiling my walking/running list for a few days now. Music gets me motivated to keep up and move more than anything else in the world.

Jill

That's the problem we have with our dog. DH is all excited that I can take Ronan out on my walks. Um, really? Between the bunnies, squirrels, and other dogs, I would have no arms left when I got back!

And, Jill, if you ever find a Pintrest Anonymous group, let me know! :)

Happy Tuesday friends! I am on pins and needles today. I lead my first VERY OWN WW meeting tonight! But I've done lots of thinking and reflecting about last week's "practice" leading and I know I'm ready to rock this! Plus I can really understand and talk about this weeks' topic (starting your day right), so I feel confident. What I DON'T feel confident about is all of the other meeting "stuff" that needs to be done. And of course, in typical fashion, the person who is supposed to contact me about all of this has not done so yet! I am going to email her this morning and if I don't get a response, I will call her at lunch time. I have NO IDEA how to run the basics of this meeting, where to get a key, where the WW cupboard is, how to do the weigh-ins, etc!!

You'll do great!:goodvibes Let us know how it goes.

That's awesome! I'm tired just reading that. It sounds like you have a great plan for workouts this week.:thumbsup2

---------------------------------------------------------

I took the plunge and got new running shoes today. They're Cinderella blue; I'm so excited!!! This is Day 4 of no sugar or pop for me, and I can't wait to put my Cinderella shoes on and start training.

I am so sorry that I have not been able to do replies. My Mom was hospitalized and I am with her in Seattle.

I will go ahead and post a QOTD for tomorrow and would appreciate it if someone could take my last couple of coaching days. :flower3:

QOTD Wednesday June 4, 2013 It's woo hoo Wednesday -- share your woo hoo big or small for the week! :woohoo:

Loving the TR Pamela!

Lisa, I hope your mom is ok!! Sending pixie dust and prayers her way.

8. Share your goals. Whether you post them on the Message Boards or share them with a friend, you’ll be more accountable.

9. Exercise for 10 minutes. Jump rope, march in place, or do some crunches. Small amounts do add up to something big!

13. Go shopping for some healthy foods. Use this shopping list for ideas.

14. Check the nutrition facts before you go out to eat. That way, you can make an informed choice.

21. Measure your portions. It’s a simple way to learn how much you’re eating.

22. Eat a piece of fruit. Even if 5-9 servings of fruit and vegetables sounds impossible to you, one is doable.

These are mine. I got back on track today, now to just stay there!

Pamela you went on Soarin' and test track without us??? :sad:

J/K I hope y'all had an amazing time, you guys look like you did. I wish we were there with you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter