WISH Away the Pounds -- Jolly June AND JULY Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

Hot drinks are what I do too. And whole carrots to chew on if I just feel like chewing... Smaller sticks don't seem to be as satisfying. My biggest tip I've learned recently is not to feed a sugar craving with fruit. It's too easy to over eat trying to hit that sweet level that comes from sugar, so you've consumed a lot of calories and are still unsatisfied. Instead, fight the craving with protein/veg, and save sweet things as part of a meal as you'll be more in control. Just understanding this has really helped me a lot. I don't feel like I "can't" have things when i want them, but I'm choosing to have them later for a good reason. Hope this helps someone :)

Thanks for all the snack replies! There were some great hints!

Lisa, I think you are right. Tracking it before you eat it is a great way to stay accountable!

It seems like everyone is already ready to jump into August - so one last QOTD for today and tomorrow:

What has been your favourite moment of summer so far?

And with that a reminder:

Please send me your end of the month weight tomorrow (or later) and I will post a final update to the first page! I hope to be able to make a more people's names green!! :cool1:

There we are - at the end of yet another month!

My result for this month is a 0.6 pound gain. I call it maintaining and will restart fresh into August! Hopefully with more success next month.

Please send me your July end weights and I will update the first page!

Hope to see all of you over on the August thread!!

Oh - and thanks to Lisa to volunteer as our hostess for October!!! Hopefully we can find someone for September as well!!

Thank you, Magdalene, for hostessing both the June and July threads! :thanks:

And a big WATP thanks to all the folks who coached this month. :flower3:

I will send in my final weigh in after my office WW weigh in tomorrow. See you all on the August thread. :goodvibes

I did 11 miles this week-end, too, and it felt long -- thank goodness only two more long runs until taper for me. :dumbo:

When is your race again?

August 17 The Biggest Loser WalkRun half in Erie. Just got an update on Facebook that Pam Geil from season 14 will be there. I think I missed that season lol. I taper this week and do 8 as my long walk. It'll seem so short! Which race are you training for?

I'm contemplating run/walking the Erie half marathon in September. I have to wait for DSs' soccer schedules first. I know DS10 will have a travel game that day. He would have to miss because DH is working that day. Darn kids lol!

It seems like everyone is already ready to jump into August - so one last QOTD for today and tomorrow:

What has been your favourite moment of summer so far?

And with that a reminder:

Please send me your end of the month weight tomorrow (or later) and I will post a final update to the first page! I hope to be able to make a more people's names green!! :cool1:

QOTD Monday~snacks are a problem for me. I tend to try to drink some water or a cup of coffee. If I really need food, I'll eat 7 mini rice cakes in either caramel or chocolate flavor. It seems to help satisfy my sweet tooth.

QOTD~favorite summer moment...hmmm tough one! I think just being off in the summer & having this time with DSs. We've gone on vacation to NC & done some day trips to Pittsburgh & Cleveland.

Thank you so much for hosting! You've done an excellent job :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Good morning! I can't believe August is tomorrow :( Where is this summer going?

I'm sending in my final weight right now. I'm 0.6 away from my goal for July, so I'll take it! I'm having lunch with 2 coworkers today & they picked a Chinese buffet! Yikes! They have a section where you pick the ingredients & they cook it for you. I think I'll stick to that with chicken, loads of veggies, and just a little sauce/oil for flavor. They also have sushi, so I'll have one or two of that & fruit. I'm glad I've been to this place before & can plan ahead!

There's a 5k about 10 minutes away tonight that I am considering run/walking. It goes across the dam at our lake & river. I've never run it before but may do it tonight depending on how I'm feeling. I do much better with morning races!

Ok, I'm off! Going to send in my final weight & use that for my Aug 1st weigh in. Hope to see everyone on the August thread!

Jill

August 17 The Biggest Loser WalkRun half in Erie. Just got an update on Facebook that Pam Geil from season 14 will be there. I think I missed that season lol. I taper this week and do 8 as my long walk. It'll seem so short! Which race are you training for?

Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland 8/31 and 9/1 :dumbo:

There's a 5k about 10 minutes away tonight that I am considering run/walking. It goes across the dam at our lake & river. I've never run it before but may do it tonight depending on how I'm feeling. I do much better with morning races!

Ok, I'm off! Going to send in my final weight & use that for my Aug 1st weigh in. Hope to see everyone on the August thread!

Jill

Sounds very scenic! I say do it if you can -- isn't it nice to be able to say "hmm, I think I'll do a 5K tonight." :cool1:

Dumbo Double Dare at Disneyland 8/31 and 9/1 :dumbo:

Well this sounds much more fun than mine! I am dying to do a Disney race. It just seems like it's so expensive when I add in airfare, race, hotel, park tickets (like I could go to WDW and not go to the parks!), and food. Plus, my kids would want to go so that's even more $$$$. I'm shooting for Princess half (or glass slipper challenge if they do it again) in 2015. We were planning to go in 2015 anyhow, so now I have no excuse. Although, Wine & Dine half 2014 sounds good, too :)

Sounds very scenic! I say do it if you can -- isn't it nice to be able to say "hmm, I think I'll do a 5K tonight." :cool1:

Well, I decided not to run it. :lmao: I did yoga this morning, went to lunch, checked out a new gym, and came home & played tag with DH and the kids for a good hour. I'm not feeling up to running any more lol. I may go walk tomorrow at the same location (just not across the dam). It does feel good to just decide to run or even walk a 5k. 10 years ago, I would've passed out after 1/4 mile! We have tons of 5ks near us, too, so I can always do another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter