WISH Away The Pounds - Awesome August Challenge - Everyone Welcome

Good evening fellow WISHers.....sorry I'm on so late in the day, but we've had massive network problems here today.....no computers at work at all until 2:30 this afternoon, so then had to rush to get everything done!

I will add our latest participants so post #3 in a moment. As I am so late, lets call this QOTD for today and tomorrow.......

August is the worst month for me for fitness and weight loss. It's sooo warm that I can't be bothered to cook proper meals, so pick at bad stuff. It's the time for most people to take their 2 weeks summer holidays in the UK, so work becomes quieter and less formal.....clothing gets more casual at work, and people bring in all sorts of naughty snacks!!! Got to be strong!!!

So, this brings me to QOTD......What is the worst time of year for you to stick with your weight loss/fitness committment?? (Vacations to Disney don't count...we all know how hard they are!!)

See you later

PS..have now added the following to post #3

SettinSail
tanyabanana
Tinkerboy00
pjlla

Think that's everyone in now

Thanks Eliza!

For me its the period from October 1st to Januarys 1st. Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I love sweets. So I have to really control myself with all the huge bags of candy that start popping up around October. Luckily Im too old to trick or treat anymore.:lmao:

With November and December its all about the holidays. With all the baking that everyone brings in, and little gifts here and there of food, its really hard. Especially around Christmas Holiday.

I totally agree with Tinkertoy00!! I usually call it "sugar season", candy is my biggest downfall and there is no end to it from mid Oct to Jan. Halloween is my fav holiday & I usually go all out with a fog machine and the works!! We get tons of trick or treaters so I use that as my excuse to buy tons if candy, then say I will take leftovers to work, but it usually never makes it!

This year I have a cunning plan in that I will be in WDW for Halloween so no need to buy any candy. Then I just have to wade through all the treats & goodies that come with the rest of sugar season, lol Hopefully I will be well into the habit of better eating & exercise by then and rely on that to help me avoid the sugar pits!!

So, this brings me to QOTD......What is the worst time of year for you to stick with your weight loss/fitness committment?? (Vacations to Disney don't count...we all know how hard they are!!)

See you later

Hmmm normally I would say the time between Halloween and New Years is the hardest for me as well but I actually lost weight this past holiday season. I'm having a hard time this summer with all the bbq's, beer and wine! Looking forward to getting back into a routine when my girls go back to school and I am back to work after next week!:thumbsup2

I have to agree with Oct. - Jan. All those holiday goodies are so tempting and traditional! Gotta have the spinach dip/stuffing/candy whatever the holiday traditional junk food is!

Of course, today I would say that TODAY is particularly hard for me. Had to put our dog to sleep today, so all I want to do is eat. Haven't caved yet and am within my calories for the day, so so far so good.

I think Halloween to New Years are the toughest for me. I sneak candy out of the kid's trick-or-treat stash and find all sorts of reasons to eat the tempting holiday goodies.

Are we doing coaching starting Fridays?

I could do the week of the 9th or 16th. Just let me know.
:goodvibes

I would like to join you all this month:yay:

Looking forward to success for all of us:goodvibes
So happy you are here! :yay:

Hola friends and happy August to you! No, I did not fall off a cliff....just still super busy, even "post party"!

The party was wonderful and delightful and the weather was superb and the house and yard (minus my bedroom and bathroom ) looked terrific.

Last week of swim season just wrapping up.... Granite State Championships is this weekend and then we are officially done (although she will still be swimming some to stay in shape for college)! I can hardly believe it.

I'm in for August, but won't be around as much to chat...next week we pack for vacation and start packing DD for college...then we are away for a week, then 6 days home before we take DD to college! :sad: Then school starts up for DS and I got back to work as a sub and possibly increase my hours with WW. :eek: where did the summer go??

Hope you all have been well. Errand to run now, so I'll BBL. TTYL.............P
Glad the party went well. Enjoy these last few weeks with DD. :hug:

Good question.
The stress season is the worst.:rotfl:
I don't think I have a specific time that is worse than others. I am an equal opportunity emotional eater.

Started August two pounds less than July!!
So excited. I still don't feel back on track but I feel like I am moving in the right direction.

The sign goes in the front yard tomorrow.:scared1: Excited and terrified at the same time.

Hope everyone is having a great night.

BTW--the trip was awesome. The sun was shining. It was warm and steamy. Both DS and I commented all weekend that it was exactly what we needed. For those of you that have been around for a while I saw Jennifer (can't remember her screen name) who used to participate in the BL threads. We had drinks at TOTW lounge. I left here and it was raining. Came home and it was raining. At least I had a few days of summer time. It was really wonderful to spend some time with DS.:goodvibes

Unfortunately, I know about marbles due to DSs. :) I would start at the dollar store. You can use vases or something other than mason jars. They may also have marbles. If not, Walmart has them. They used to be with the toys for about $1 or $2 a bag. I say "used to" because I haven't actually looked for them in months. If you can't find glass containers, try a craft store like Michaels or Joann Fabrics. They may even have marbles lol.
. Thanks Jill:thumbsup2
So far I found one mason jar at home that some BBQ sauce came in.:)

So happy to see you, my friend! :flower3: :hug:
. Hi Lisa:wave2: looking forward to catching up with everyone, meeting new friends and staying motivated!!!

Hola friends and happy August to you! No, I did not fall off a cliff....just still super busy, even "post party"!

The party was wonderful and delightful and the weather was superb and the house and yard (minus my bedroom and bathroom ) looked terrific.

Last week of swim season just wrapping up.... Granite State Championships is this weekend and then we are officially done (although she will still be swimming some to stay in shape for college)! I can hardly believe it.

I'm in for August, but won't be around as much to chat...next week we pack for vacation and start packing DD for college...then we are away for a week, then 6 days home before we take DD to college! :sad: Then school starts up for DS and I got back to work as a sub and possibly increase my hours with WW. :eek: where did the summer go??

Hope you all have been well. Errand to run now, so I'll BBL. TTYL.............P
. wow, college!! Congrats to DD

See you later

PS..have now added the following to post #3

SettinSail
tanyabanana
Tinkerboy00
pjlla

Think that's everyone in now

Thanks for adding me. My worst times of the year are either Cmas or Summer, both periods I just feel like losing control I think because the normal routine is not there as much. I'm easing back into this but will try to work up to coaching at some point.

I have to agree with Oct. - Jan. All those holiday goodies are so tempting and traditional! Gotta have the spinach dip/stuffing/candy whatever the holiday traditional junk food is!

Of course, today I would say that TODAY is particularly hard for me. Had to put our dog to sleep today, so all I want to do is eat. Haven't caved yet and am within my calories for the day, so so far so good.

So sorry for your loss:goodvibes:

So happy you are

Started August two pounds less than July!!
So excited. I still don't feel back on track but I feel like I am moving in the right direction.

The sign goes in the front yard tomorrow.:scared1: Excited and terrified at the same time.

Hope everyone is having a great night.

Thanks for the welcome! Good luck with the house and WTG on a 2 lb loss:banana:

Off to PM my initial WI number and goal

I need to try the T25 too. Ive tried regular Insanity and it about killed me. I have a few friends that are Beachbody Coaches and Ive been thinking about becoming one too. I have to research it more.

One of my friends just joined and she is loving it and already made back her investment in the first two weeks. She thinks it will be perfect for me to do as well.

I became a coach for the discounts....most of my friends hate me talking about it so I keep it off my facebook page and only talk about it every once in awhile. I don't have anyone under me since I don't promote it much. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the shakeology so any discount on that is awesome HAHA!!! I loved P90X and really liked Les Mills Combat and am loving T-25. Go for it....it is a great company and I know a few people who have quite the corporate world cause they are doing so great!!!

I would like to join you all this month:yay:

I've had success in the past with this group and I am freshly motivated after watching Extreme Weight Loss last night. Loved the idea they did with the marbles transferred from one jar to another as you lose each pound. I'm just not sure where to purchase marbles and single mason jars:lmao:

Looking forward to success for all of us:goodvibes

2 things I have pinned
You can use the flat marbles from the floral department at Walmart or Michael's and 2 vases.

89bc3d5b08a33c0a39d738fd29f62c4f.jpg

Here you can pay yourself a dollar for every workout. When you get to $100, spurge on something fun.
8f04806891ad70b49c9e3d704c5ff0bb.jpg

2 things I have pinned
You can use the flat marbles from the floral department at Walmart or Michael's and 2 vases.

Here you can pay yourself a dollar for every workout. When you get to $100, spurge on something fun.

Cool idea!

I'm going to try this again. I had tried earlier this year and life ended up getting to crazy to try and keep up.

I think March - May is the worst for me with June and July right behind. Between working and both boys being in baseball it seems we are at a baseball field every day. Older DS plays high school baseball and travel baseball and younger DS plays little league. It makes eating at a normal time chalenging.

Hi Momofindigo

Definitely not too late to join us. I'll add you to post #3. please can you pm me your starting weight and your loss for the month.

Enjoy

Happy Friday! July was great, and now on to August for a full month and hopefully a few more pounds :) I'm stuck on my phone for now as my laptop has a virus..... So irritating! People drive me mad sometimes.... I'm very careful online, but it got me anyway. Uuuugh. Hoping google and I can fix it, but I won't have time until Sunday.

On a happier note, it's beautiful here and I think we'll get out hiking this weekend, maybe a longer run if i get ambitious ;) For the QOTD - Nov and Dec for me too, definitely. Thick sweaters and winter clothes hide body changes and cold weather makes warm, rich food so cozy! Christmas time also comes with sweets that are only around for a short time, and anything that seems limited is always more tempting to me :)

Ugh, it is so hot here again and regained my two mystery pounds. A bit frustrated, but I can feel how my body is storing the water... Did walk into town after work for a light frappuccino at Starbucks (was within my points) which gave me some light exercise (about 30 minutes additional walking) and let me enjoy the air conditioning at Starbucks!

QOTD:
There are a number of difficult months, but I think I would say late December through February are the worst for me. The last few years I was really able to not eat too much during the pre-Christmas season and just plan some treats of stuff that I really love for the Christmas days. But then after Christmas the boring part of winter starts. It is dark and cold which makes exercise difficult and when it is cold I seem to be constantly hungry. I am not a fan of winter vegetables and by January I can't see oranges, bananas and apples anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!