WISH Away The Pounds - Awesome August Challenge - Everyone Welcome

Eliza32

DIS Veteran
Welcome to WISH Away the Pounds—Awesome August

Whether you are new to these threads or are a return visitor – everyone is welcome! Please read the complete instructions in post 2, and then let me know if you have any questions.

The philosophy behind our new challenge: small achievable goals. One month at a time, one week at a time, one day at a time, one bite at a time.

Results will be posted as a % lost (pounds) towards monthly goal.

Thanks to Rose&Mike for creating our new challenge format which has been a great success since January! And thank you to all the previous hosts who have kept the challenge going since then.

Weigh in Days--Weight Loss

PM Weight to Eliza32
August 1 (starting weight AND pounds lost goal for month; ex 165, goal 5 pounds)
August 9 (Fri)
August 16 (Fri)
August 23 (Fri)
August 31st (Sat)

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--FINISH STRONG!
100%WISH green

Weigh in Days--Maintainers:

PM Weight to Eliza32
August 1 (pm starting weight, maintain range, and goal for the month; 145, range 141-149, goal 4 weeks)
August 9 (Fri)
August 16 (Fri)
August 23 (Fri)
August 31st (Sat)

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

Please see list of participants and results in post #3

Welcome to Awesome August WISH Away the Pounds

Losers and Maintainers welcome!

How the challenge works:
This is the new and improved challenge that replaces the BL challenges. Like the show has evolved, so have our challenges and this format takes the best of that long standing tradition and makes it even better!

The goal of the new challenge is to meet your weight loss/maintain goals on a monthly basis. Results will be posted as percentages toward goal and your color will change as you approach your goal, similar to the exercise thread on the WISH boards. It is the hope that this new format will encourage some great discussions about weight loss, maintaining, diet, exercise and healthy living!

It is up to the hostess each month as to whether she wants to have coaches/Question of the day, mini-challenges, etc. It is her month, so she can choose to handle it how she wants.

Here is how the new challenge will work. It is going to be a monthly individual challenge. Each month is a new start. You are competing against yourself to meet your goals for the month. No one will know your actual weight (unless you share it) except the hostess for the month. NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL.

Let me repeat: NO GOAL IS TOO SMALL. A loss is a loss is a loss. Your color will change based on your % lost toward goal.

On June 1st you will pm Eliza32 (hostess for August ) your starting weight AND your goal for the month. On the dates indicated you can pm Eliza32 an updated weight. On Monday nights (UK time) the thread will be updated with percentage toward goal.

Here is an example of what the stats will look like.

Updated August 9, 2013
Minnie Mouse 25.00 %
Daisy Duck 12.00 %
Goofy 0.00 %
Donald Duck 33.33 %
Mickey Mouse 40.00 %

Weight Loss Goals:
10%, orange
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
90% red--ALMOST THERE!
100%WISH green

In this case Goofy, put on a few pounds, but that will be reported as 0%. We are not going to call people out, but just report positive moves towards your goal!

Minnie Mouse had a starting weight of 110 with a goal of 4 pounds. At her weigh in she reported a weight of 109 with a percentage loss of 25%.

Your color will change based on your % loss. If you gain, your percentage will decrease, and your color will change, but no one will know your weight except the hostess. Only your % loss toward goal will be reported. Negative percentages will not be reported

Participants (other than the hostess) will not know your pound lost goal or actual weight unless you choose to share it with them.

Maintainers will set a goal for the month of number of weeks they would like to stay in maintain range (+/- 4 pounds).

They will weigh in on the first day of the month and then on each of the weekends. Their results will be reported as percentages along with their goal.

For example:
Pluto 1/4 25%.

Pluto has a goal of maintaining all four weeks. He put on 1 pound at the first weigh in, but is in his maintain range.

Maintainer Goals
25% bright pink
50% purple
75% turquoise
100%WISH green

It really is pretty simple. Remember, no one will see your weight or pound loss goal except the hostess unless you choose to share it.

Percentage loss will be updated once a week. If you miss sending in your weight over the weekend, no big deal, just send an update the following weekend. Please understand that this is a volunteer job and the hostess will only be updating once a week.

Hopefully I have answered all of your questions.

Good luck! I look forward to seeing everyone meet their healthy living goals!

WISH Away the Pounds - Awesome August Challenge Participants

Losers

aamomma
akhaloha
BernardandMissBianca
Desiree (MFP skinnygeekwithin) :cool1: :cool1:
dgr1973
eisforpants
Eliza32
Flossbolna

IfIHadWings
JennStars9
jillbur
Lindaland (MFP lindaland1)
lisah0711
mckelvey72
melcrot
Momofdjc
MomofIndigo
MrsJessica
OhMom (MFP monarchmomx2)
pat fan
pjlla
SettinSail
Soben
sugarnspicex4 :cool1:
Sultana
tanyabanana (MFP Taro1971)
Tinkerboy00
Zim

Maintainers

Welcome eisforpants........interesting user name!!
I have added you to the list in post #3

Helen, thank you so much for hostessing August!! The new thread looks fabulous and I can't wait to start over!

Will email you the spreadsheet at the end of the month!

Welcome to Awesome August dgr1973. I've added you to post #3. Have a good read of posts 1 & 2 and if you have any questions, just pm me.

Welcome to Awesome August dgr1973. I've added you to post #3. Have a good read of posts 1 & 2 and if you have any questions, just pm me.

Thanks for adding me! I will give it all a good once over and let you know if I have any questions!

I have lost before but fallen off the bandwagon, and need to get going again. Can I join? :goodvibes

Please add me to the August list of "losers." I like the accountability aspect of reporting to this board, it seems to be helping me (though I just started the last week of July). Thanks!!

Definitely add me to the August list! Really thrilled with the results from the accountability the last two challenges...

I'm down again for this challenge. Even though I'm exercising the weight isn't falling off as much as I'd like.

Count me in too please...now i just need to remember to send you my information on 8/1 and thereafter HAHA!!!

I am starting Shaun T T25 on August 5th so keeping accountability here will help too.

Welcome to:

mcraft17
sugarnspicex4
jillbur
Zim
Desiree
Akhaloha
Mckelvey72

You've all been added to post #3, good luck for Awesome August.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter