WISH Away The Pounds ~ Achieving in April ~ All are WELCOME!

I just joined and I joined the exercise thread too. We have a cruise and 6 days in Orlando in November and I need to drop some serious weight so I'm not huffing and puffing the whole trip. Plus I've been reading about some of the rides at US and I'm over the weight limit and that would be so disappointing.

For the QOTD I am also following ww so if I'm under my point value for the day I use those points up after I exercise and if I'm over then I use some of the exercise points I've earned but I try and stick with fruits and veggies as much as possible (rarely works though!)

Oh, forgot the QOTD? Extra appetite from exercising?

I try and drink extra water with exercising and after, because it is probably dehydration.

I also allow myself unlimited reign on fruits and veggies. So I eat those if I am "starving", along with a serving of cheese.

Then I have my "go to snack" which is a jar of tootsie pops.

I just joined and I joined the exercise thread too. We have a cruise and 6 days in Orlando in November and I need to drop some serious weight so I'm not huffing and puffing the whole trip. Plus I've been reading about some of the rides at US and I'm over the weight limit and that would be so disappointing.

For the QOTD I am also following ww so if I'm under my point value for the day I use those points up after I exercise and if I'm over then I use some of the exercise points I've earned but I try and stick with fruits and veggies as much as possible (rarely works though!)

Your upcoming trip sounds amazing, and what a great motivator! Fingers crossed you get healthier and can enjoy your trip even more!

I am in for April! I didn't quite make my 10 pound goal for March but I'm going to shoot for 10 again in April!!

I'm in for April! I was frustrated in March because after a great first week, the scale DID NOT MOVE for three straight weeks. Somehow, miraculously, I stayed strong and kept reading here for motivation. I don't know what the delay was with my body/scale but in the last week we finally saw some downward moving digits and I MADE MY GOAL! I know the month is over but I keep looking back at the March thread, seeing 60% and hoping it gets updated because I think that will help motivate me too!

This month I'm setting my goal at only 4 pounds. We leave for our WDW trip on 5/5 and if I can get 4 pounds down, I will be (JUST) under a certain weight that has been my sticking point for a few years. If I lose more, that's fantastic, and my long-term goal is to lose ~ 10-14 more pounds after that (in total) but I'm trying to make sure I do this in a way I can maintain. I don't want to take any shortcuts as I know from experience that's how it all comes rushing back!

I, too, joined up earlier this year because we had the trip booked and I wanted to be proud to be in all the pics - I'm usually the photographer as an excuse not to feel self-conscious when I look at them. This time I just feel like I want to be IN the pics with my kids and PART of all the memories, so I found this amazing group and pre-paid for the PhotoPass+ as an additional kick in the tush!

I joined the exercise challenge this month, too. The weather is warming up and I'm not going to have any excuses!

:)

I'm in and my weight is PMed.
I gained back 4 pounds and I am soooo pissed at myself. I can not slide!! I can not cheat!!!! I can not slack!!

Went to the DR today, and he is pretty darn proud of me, injury and all. It was nice to see the scale slowly creeping away from the 200 mark. But he does think I have a meniscus injury. Not bad enough to need ortho yet, but bad enough to lay off the running. He said no more than 1 mile every other day, and I need to switch to elliptical or a bike. So my friend that has a gym membership in town is going to meet me for a guest pass at the gym this week or next so I can see if I like it.
We will reassess in a month and see if I need PT and to see if someone needs to help me set up an exercise program. Then if that doesn't help, he'll send me to ortho. The good thing is ortho and PT are in the same building and they are right here in town.

The biggest thing he said was to not get discouraged, so I just keep telling myself if I do get injured I can't do Princess-palooza in 2014, I have to focus on getting better. So right now I need to focus on my food, because I'd like to be lighter when I get back to harder running so I put less force on my knees.

I need this bad. Hopefully you're ok with guys joining the group. I can't PM yet because I'm new to the boards but my starting weight is 288 pounds.
Is 10 pounds per month too much to hope for?

Doing a Disney cruise next March and would love to see if I could find the hunky stud my wife fell in love with.

Male or female ALL are :welcome:! Just be prepared for the down and dirty "woman talk". :lmao: And I know that hunky stud is still there, just hiding for a bit. Jump on the April Exercise challenge thread as well. You may find it extra motivating!:thumbsup2

I gained back 4 pounds and I am soooo pissed at myself. I can not slide!! I can not cheat!!!! I can not slack!!

Went to the DR today, and he is pretty darn proud of me, injury and all. It was nice to see the scale slowly creeping away from the 200 mark. But he does think I have a meniscus injury. Not bad enough to need ortho yet, but bad enough to lay off the running. He said no more than 1 mile every other day, and I need to switch to elliptical or a bike. So my friend that has a gym membership in town is going to meet me for a guest pass at the gym this week or next so I can see if I like it.
We will reassess in a month and see if I need PT and to see if someone needs to help me set up an exercise program. Then if that doesn't help, he'll send me to ortho. The good thing is ortho and PT are in the same building and they are right here in town.

The biggest thing he said was to not get discouraged, so I just keep telling myself if I do get injured I can't do Princess-palooza in 2014, I have to focus on getting better. So right now I need to focus on my food, because I'd like to be lighter when I get back to harder running so I put less force on my knees.

Right there with ya! I'm forcing myself into running retirement until June so my IT's can heal, but I have NO idea what I'm going to do that's as good a workout. I have an elliptical but I'm not that crazy about it and roller blading puts stress on the IT's as well. Guess I may just be hitting up the community pool as it's heated. Plus it's plenty warm enough days now that I won't freeze when I get out. But it's so small!! Ugh!:scared1: If you come up with something just as productive as running, let me know.:love:

I havea torn meniscus and I have not had surgery. Some days are better than others. I too want to move the weight down to lessen the load.

Good luck.

Good afternoon/evening everyone!! Got my stats PM'd and ready to "officially" be part of this group. Hope everyone is having a great day, just off for my last night of work this week so I will check in later. :goodvibes

QUOTD Monday April 1 :

How do you deal with extra appetite from exercising?

I looked around online because I've been having real trouble with this and couldn't find anything so I guess I'm asking you guys how you personally deal with it.
My best strategy at this point is simply ignoring it. Hard to do though and sometimes you just cave.

I had to start managing this when I started running. For some reason, my pre-running elliptical and other gym/class routines just didn't leave me as famished as running does. :) Most of my runs are early morning, before breakfast. I have a banana and a glass of water before I head out.

When I come back, after showering and getting the kids to school, and before I sit down to work, I have breakfast - usually 1/2 cup of Cheerios with 1/3 cup of Uncle Sam cereal, a sliced banana and/or 1/2 cup of blueberries, and 1/3 cup of skim milk all stirred together. It's hearty, with lots of fiber and healthy stuff, and it tides me over to lunch pretty well.

I drink a bunch of water, and I use the Mio or other flavorings to keep chugging it when I'm busy working.

I also started subscribing to Graze, a snack subscription service (no kidding!). I *love* the variety and the portion sizes - everything is 2-4 PP and full of healthy ingredients. I have one of their snacks mid-afternoon, usually, when I need a pickup, but sometimes in the morning if the munchies are extra strong.

I run into more trouble if I run in the evening, because then getting super hungry coincides with my nighttime snacker habit...

I need this bad. Hopefully you're ok with guys joining the group. I can't PM yet because I'm new to the boards but my starting weight is 288 pounds.
Is 10 pounds per month too much to hope for?

Doing a Disney cruise next March and would love to see if I could find the hunky stud my wife fell in love with.

Welcome! We're always happy to see a hunky stud around here. ;) And hi to everyone returning, whether from March or earlier months! Here's hoping we have loads of April success.

I'm in as a loser for April - as I feared, my weigh-in this morning (the morning after vacation ended!) was over the top of my WISH maintenance range. So I'm kicking it into high gear - gotta get this fixed! The WISH maintenance range is kinder than the WW maintenance range. I have all month, at least...

XO
Liz

I was unable to PM as well... Starting weight 130. Hoping for a five pound loss this month. Thanks!

bleubell said:
I was unable to PM as well... Starting weight 130. Hoping for a five pound loss this month. Thanks!

Hi :wave2: so glad to have you! You have been added :)

My gosh, I have been hungry today! I think it is because of all the carbs I ate yesterday (even though my total calories were ok). Plus I was sitting at my desk all day so my calorie burn for the day is low despite a workout at the gym :( Maybe I should work up the motivation to do some wiifit this evening...

Did day one of 30 day shred today, now to stay motivated for the remaining 29 days

Another shredder!! Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow! After the first time I tried he workout I could not start immediately as I was travelling for a few days. I hurt everywhere for a few days!! But then once I started it never got bad again. Jut keep going! We will help you to stay motivated for the next 29 days!! Ad while the program is designed for training every day for 30 days, I am now convinced that taking a day off per week is not going to destroy your efforts - as long as you truly take off only one day and that one day does not suddenly become one week!! But if you get through with it, you will be amazed about how much strength you will be gaining!

I had to start managing this when I started running. For some reason, my pre-running elliptical and other gym/class routines just didn't leave me as famished as running does. :) Most of my runs are early morning, before breakfast. I have a banana and a glass of water before I head out.

When I come back, after showering and getting the kids to school, and before I sit down to work, I have breakfast - usually 1/2 cup of Cheerios with 1/3 cup of Uncle Sam cereal, a sliced banana and/or 1/2 cup of blueberries, and 1/3 cup of skim milk all stirred together. It's hearty, with lots of fiber and healthy stuff, and it tides me over to lunch pretty well.

I drink a bunch of water, and I use the Mio or other flavorings to keep chugging it when I'm busy working.

I also started subscribing to Graze, a snack subscription service (no kidding!). I *love* the variety and the portion sizes - everything is 2-4 PP and full of healthy ingredients. I have one of their snacks mid-afternoon, usually, when I need a pickup, but sometimes in the morning if the munchies are extra strong.

I just googles this and it sounds fantastic!! Unfortunately they are in the UK, but don't deliver outside the UK...

I run into more trouble if I run in the evening, because then getting super hungry coincides with my nighttime snacker habit...

Welcome! We're always happy to see a hunky stud around here. ;) And hi to everyone returning, whether from March or earlier months! Here's hoping we have loads of April success.

I'm in as a loser for April - as I feared, my weigh-in this morning (the morning after vacation ended!) was over the top of my WISH maintenance range. So I'm kicking it into high gear - gotta get this fixed! The WISH maintenance range is kinder than the WW maintenance range. I have all month, at least...

XO
Liz

Good luck with getting back into your WISH maintenance range!

Welcome!!

My gosh, I have been hungry today! I think it is because of all the carbs I ate yesterday (even though my total calories were ok). Plus I was sitting at my desk all day so my calorie burn for the day is low despite a workout at the gym :( Maybe I should work up the motivation to do some wiifit this evening...

Carbs can do that to you - but I also have noticed that sometimes eating too little carbs can do that to me as well... Still haven't found out the perfect way to avoid being hungry... :confused3 Hope tomorrow will be better for you!

Can I ask how the kitties are doing?? (Nothing to do with this page, but we all lived through the pregnancy together, so feel I have an interest in their development!!!!)

And QOTD..How do I deal with my extra appetite from exercising???? I have a banana and a drink of cold water. Usually does me until the next mealtime, but then I don't do a lot of serious exercise!!

Yeah, you guys, the people I work with and my customers...lol. The grey one is HUGE, black and white second in the running. the orange one is CUTE but small, I've supplemented her with formula and now she gets Real excited when I've been there...poor Mom Misty is having a nervous breakdown but they are all healthy Yay!
I'm hearing banana a lot-- will buy some. I wonder if potassium has anything to do with curbing appetite.

Welcome-- a disney trip is great motivation!

Sorry I was away today but I had to work early and then went to work out. I also rented Men in Black 3 because I lost last week and am just now sitting down to the computer. I decided to really look at myself when I was working out tonight in all the frigging mirrors at the gym--was hoping it would motivate me more. All I can say is it wasn't as painful as I thought but there were areas I thought I could work on...I could also add to the kitten update I am officially in love with the little orange and white. I can't wait till they are at least another week old and past the so fragile state...

Quotd: 4/2/13 Tues.

What is your favorite healthy fat dinner, snack, food etc.

Mine has to be guacamole, although Kalamata olives have to be a close second.

Hi I am Michelle and I did a couple of the BL challenges last year and can't wait to hop back on the wagon.. I did manage to keep off what little I lost but had to get on a once a week shot for my type 2 diabetes and decided ENOUGH! so on 2/18/13 I started atkins and in 7 weeks have lost 18.8 lbs and feel GREAT and my blood sugars have dropped over 100! I am starting a Zumba class at work tonight to help move the scale along.. I see the Dr again on 4/25 I think he'll be surprised! my goal for this is 8.1 pounds putting me at 155 ..

And QOTD 4/1..How do I deal with my extra appetite from exercising???? Well I've not been exercising much yet but sometimes I just have an atkins shake if I feel like my belly needs a little something..

Quotd: 4/2/13 Tues.

What is your favorite healthy fat dinner, snack, food etc.

Mine has to be guacamole, although Kalamata olives have to be a close second.

Peanut Butter!!!! hands down..

Flossbolna said:
Another shredder!! Hope you aren't too sore tomorrow! After the first time I tried he workout I could not start immediately as I was travelling for a few days. I hurt everywhere for a few days!! But then once I started it never got bad again. Jut keep going! We will help you to stay motivated for the next 29 days!! Ad while the program is designed for training every day for 30 days, I am now convinced that taking a day off per week is not going to destroy your efforts - as long as you truly take off only one day and that one day does not suddenly become one week!! But if you get through with it, you will be amazed about how much strength you will be gaining!

Thanks! So far I'm feeling good, last night when I finished I was all tinglely, I am hoping not to miss a day but we all know how life gets in the way!

March was a complete fail for me because I was on mandatory overtime so I was working between 12-16 hour days so my eating suffered and I did nothing in the workout way. So its as if I'm starting all over again. Hoping to see some results.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter