Winter Warmth COMPLETED 2/3

You hit some of my favorite rides on your last day.
I always try to finish up at MK, as it's my favorite park. And we definitely hit most of my favorite rides!
I was wondering if you felt it was worth your time to rent a golf cart outside of Disney. If we do ever stay in a cabin, I don't know that I would have a vehicle with a hitch. My car doesn't have one, but Dennis' truck does.
We definitely felt it was worth the time. They told us that people without a truck/hitch can use their truck to take the trailer/cart into the Fort. I'm thinking then maybe someone from there would ride along...
Don't you just hate leaving Disney? At least you had another adventure before heading home .
Yes, yes, I do! And you are exactly right, going somewhere else afterwards definitely had an impact on the 'blues' I usually feel!

Here is an onslaught of pictures that I don't "think" I added anywhere in the report. Probably more for my enjoyment than yours, but here they are. (Will take a few posts.)
2022-02-05 - Magic Kingdom Park - Haunted Mansion_2.jpeg

We clearly don't know where the camera is...

2022-02-07 - Magic Kingdom Park - Pirates of the Caribbean_7.jpeg

We are in the 2nd and 3rd rows. Looks like my dad is looking at the camera...

2022-02-09 - Magic Kingdom Park - Buzz Lightyears Space Ranger Spin_2.jpeg

I don't tell Gary the secret spots to hit to get lots of points ;)

2022-02-11 - Magic Kingdom Park - Seven Dwarfs Mine Train.jpeg

We really like this ride!!

2022-02-12 - Magic Kingdom Park - Splash Mountain.jpeg

Last row for one of our last rides! This ride has always been a huge favorite of mine and I will really miss it.

2022-02-11 - Magic Kingdom Park - Main Street Train Station.jpeg

I think some of these magic shots are cute.
2022-02-09 - Magic Kingdom Park - Cinderella Castle_8.jpeg

I'd love to see that blue sky now :)
2022-02-07 - Magic Kingdom Park - Pirates of the Caribbean.jpeg

LOVE this picture. My mom would kill me if she knew I posted it!

2022-02-06 - Magic Kingdom Park - Liberty Square.jpeg

2022-02-01 - Epcot - Test Track.jpeg If asked, Gary would certainly say this is his favorite ride!

2022-02-02 - Disneys Animal Kingdom Park - DINOSAUR.jpeg Last row here...it's been a while since we've been on this one.

2022-02-05 - Disneys Hollywood Studios - Rock n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith.jpegThe look on all of our faces!! I am not crying...I laugh hysterically (and scream) the whole ride! That is my 81-year-old father behind Gary :)

2022-02-09 - Disneys Hollywood Studios - Slinky Dog Dash.jpeg We stood in line one day almost an hour for this and I think we paid for it another day. We love it!

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
FINAL THOUGHTS/ A FEW THINGS I FORGOT...
One of my snack goals was to try the Waffle with Nutella and Fruit from Sleepy Hollow. It was fantastic. I have recreated it at home and it wasn't too shabby :)

Pecos Bill used to be my favorite QS in MK, but sadly, no more. While the food we had was ok, I prefer the menu of 15-20 years ago ;)
They had some great salads and a wrap that was soooo good.

Line Cutting...My pet peeve (one of them). While this has never happened to us, If an occasion would ever arise that one of us would get in line and one wouldn't, one of us would stand to the side and let others pass until the 'lagger' caught up. I couldn't believe how many people (not 1 person, but 4 or 5) would come up asking to get through to meet up with their party. And this happened numerous times. I know sometimes things happen (bathroom, etc) but come on. This really was our only complaint for the trip. Please have all of your party together before you enter the line. In the grand scheme of things, it's no big deal, but it still irks me :)

Any and all cast members that we came in contact with seemed genuinely happy to be there. There were a few wait staff that weren't going to win employee of the month, but overall, I'd say most were trying to give the guests a happy experience.

As far as cleanliness, we saw a few garbage cans getting full here and there, but nothing out of line. I can't say I saw any messes in any of the bathrooms, either.

That's a wrap! I'm excited to say that we've just decided to plan another trip for next Jan/Feb. This time we're looking at 3 weeks at Fort Wilderness with 2 weeks in the parks. Then heading over to the Daytona 500. Just like this trip, but adding another week at the Fort so we have more time to enjoy it. I think I'll probably make reservations some time this week! :)

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

I always try to finish up at MK, as it's my favorite park. And we definitely hit most of my favorite rides!
MK is my favorite too. If I had my way it would be my final stop too.

We definitely felt it was worth the time. They told us that people without a truck/hitch can use their truck to take the trailer/cart into the Fort. I'm thinking then maybe someone from there would ride along...

Thanks for the info. This is a good option.

Yes, yes, I do! And you are exactly right, going somewhere else afterwards definitely had an impact on the 'blues' I usually feel!

Going somewhere else helped us this last trip too.

Last row for one of our last rides! This ride has always been a huge favorite of mine and I will really miss it.

My favorite MK ride and I'm really going to miss it.

LOVE this picture. My mom would kill me if she knew I posted it!

Love it!

Great ride photos. It really looks like everyone had a great trip.

I'm looking forward to your trip next year too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter