Winter in Wyoming

Discussion in 'Adventures By Disney' started by calypso726, Dec 27, 2016.

1. CJinMD

CJinMD Earning My Ears

Bummer! Guess it's now off my wish list...

2. CaliforniaGirl09

CaliforniaGirl09 DIS Veteran

I think I found the previous reports of this adventure, but I guess I was mistaken about weather. There were other issues: http://www.disboards.com/threads/winter-wonderland.3037889/ I looked in the ABD trip report thread and didn't see any other TR for Winter Wonderland. I guess we'll have to hope for a revamp (which always makes me nervous).

3. sayhello

sayhello Have Camera, Will Travel

Good searching! It doesn't look like Grifdog22 ever did post a full Trip Report (at least not that I can find!) but this gives a good idea. I wonder if we should post a link to it in the Trip Report sticky...

Sayhello

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. acndis

acndis Mouseketeer

Grifdog did an excellent write up. He and I took the trip a week apart. We had pretty different experiences! Our son was younger so the slow pace of the trip suited us at the time. On our trip, Hanneke took the kids in a separate snow coach and they had a ball. That really helped.

The hot springs and the mushing is still one of our favorite activities, ever! However, I don't think this itinerary was as kid friendly as others so I can see why it's going back in the vault. I am still very glad we got to do it. It was the first time my son had ever seen real snow!

Also, we had GREAT weather.

sayhello and CaliforniaGirl09 like this.
  6. CaliforniaGirl09

I couldn't find a trip report either. Probably not a bad idea to include on the Trip Report sticky, although someone reading Calypso's report will see the link in my post ... whatever you think.

sayhello likes this.
  7. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Kind of funny to read my owns posts in the thread CaliforniaGirl linked. Totally kicking myself for not booking this trip when I first came close in 2013 (or in 2014, 2015 or 2016, because I've seriously considered it pretty much every year) Doh!!

CaliforniaGirl09 likes this.
  8. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

Update and PSA: The vacationistas are misinformed. This trip is NOT going in the vault. :D

9. sayhello

Where did you hear that? :) And why are there no dates for Christmas 2017?

Sayhello

10. calypso726

National Park Service hasn't released their dates that's why there aren't AbD dates yet.

sayhello likes this.
  11. CaliforniaGirl09

Great to know!! Thanks for the follow up.

calypso726 likes this.
  12. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

This is excellent news!! We are in the process of booking NatGeo because they only have 10 slots left for their 12/27/17 departure, but we would likely switch over to ABD if they do in fact release Dec. 2017 dates (and push our NatGeo deposit to another of their trips, since I have an extensive list of those I want to do too, LOL).

sayhello and calypso726 like this.
  13. distravel

distravel Mouseketeer

Loved your trip report. The photos are absolutely stunning and truly do look like postcards. Yellowstone in the summer is on our vacation wish list but going in the winter must be such a different experience without the crowds. Thanks.

calypso726 likes this.
  14. Chirple

Chirple Mouseketeer

Agree with everyone else; these are gorgeous photos! Thank you for sharing this. While going someplace that gets more snow than we do is not high on my list, work obligations would make this trip not even possible (or any trip over the winter holidays). We would like to do the summer trip eventually.

calypso726 likes this.
  15. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

My TA received an email from the Marketing Manager at ABD indicating they will release Winter in Wyoming late 2017 dates when they announce 2018 itineraries. Now I can stop kicking myself, LOL!

tink1970, sayhello and calypso726 like this.
  16. sayhello

Wow. So the Vacationista I talked to was completely mistaken. I mean, they make mistakes, but she 100% told me it was gone, that's the reason there's no dates listed. That makes me sad.

Sayhello

17. calypso726

Yup. I had one that said the exact same thing to me. Somehow I doubt that misinformation will be repeated again ;-)

sayhello likes this.
  18. AquaDame

AquaDame Disney Cruise Line Moderator

They didnt have a guestimate for when 2018 will be released by chance...? :D

19. DizMagic

DizMagic DIS Veteran

So excited to hear this. Hopefully I can make my schedule work for the early 2018 (assuming there will be an early 2018) departure.

20. calypso726

Thank you!!! We are hoping to do Yellowstone in the summer too at some point.

Thank you and you're welcome!

21. Calfan

Calfan DIS Veteran

Sadly, no.