Winter in Wyoming

Just noticed that the NatGeo Winter Wildlife in Yellowstone Family Expedition that we booked for Dec. 2017 has gone waitlist only. Guess those last 10 spots went pretty quickly!

We just booked the Austin Adventures version of Winter in Wyoming. (We're planning to move our NatGeo deposit to one of their summer 2018 National Parks trips). It will be our first trip with them, but I was very impressed with what I heard in a webinar they put on recently regarding their National Parks trips. And our departure is guaranteed with just our four booked! Their itinerary is very similar to ABD's trip, but the Austin Adventures trip is a day longer, and the trip appears to be a little more active. This is also what appealed to us over the NatGeo itinerary that we had booked as a "just in case" while we were waiting for Austin Adventures and/or ABD to release dates.

We are leaving Monday for the Tauck winter in Yellowstone. We selected the last trip of the season and all of them filled up quickly. We start in Bozeman, then Chico Hot Springs, Old Faithful Snow Lodge, then finish at the Wort in Jackson Hole.

Have a wonderful time and please report back. Record snowfall this year in Yellowstone so hopefully it really will be a winter wonderland. Cheers!

We just returned from Tauck's Yellowstone in Winter trip and had a fabulous time. There were 20 in our group. We started in Bozeman with a transfer from the airport to Chico Hot Springs for 2 nights. At Chico we did go into the hot springs, went for a sleigh ride to the old town of Chico, and had a presentation from a dog sled musher. We transferred to Old Faithful Snow Lodge for 3 nights on snow coaches after a stop at Mammoth Hot Springs. The trip through the park was amazing with the amount of wildlife and the serenity of the park itself. We stopped at several waterfalls, geo-thermal sites, and mud pools. The next day we went to Hayden Valley and the grand canyon of Yellowstone. The last day in the park we opted to go for a hike on our own versus the snowshoeing included in the trip. We had a wonderful time and saw more wildlife up close as well as more geysers and mud pools. We had to stop on the trail because bison were grazing next to it and you have to keep 25 yards between you and the bison. Needless to say we were stopped for awhile. We finished with the trip out of the park on snow coaches with more stops for beautiful sights. We transferred to a regular bus and traveled through Grand Teton with a stop at the National Elk Refuge before going into Jackson and checking into the Wort Hotel for two nights. After a free day in Jackson, we had a farewell dinner at the National Wildlife Museum. We would definitely do another trip with Tauck. We only had 3 meals we had to pay for out of pocket during the entire journey. The cost of the trip was only a couple hundred more than the ABD trip for more days and more meals.

Trying to do some 2018 trip planning. I think I remember seeing the adult price of about $4500-$4800 per person for this trip. Is that accurate? I am a DVC member, so I would get opening day pricing. Just want to start budgeting.

I really want to do this trip, but it is so much more expensive for the 5 day, then an 7/8 day like Arizona/Utah. Just don't think I can justify it...this year.

This tour certainly is on the list for one day but ABD NYC is next month and we're waiting for the 2018 dates to book our Greece ABD trip. I hope whoever goes writes up a good trip report.

This tour certainly is on the list for one day but ABD NYC is next month and we're waiting for the 2018 dates to book our Greece ABD trip. I hope whoever goes writes up a good trip report.
Rebellhawk,

You would LOVE Greece. Active itinerary like Peru it's really the only trip that we've been on that I would consider again.

The next day we went to Hayden Valley and the grand canyon of Yellowstone. The last day in the park we opted to go for a hike on our own versus the snowshoeing included in the trip. [/QUOTE said:
Would love to hear about the Hayden valley as that was the drawing card for me on this abd several years back and they didn't do it on our trip but did for everyone else that season. We Want to go back with a group that really spends a day here and in the Grand Canyon. Would you mind sharing more details on that portion of your trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter