Wine Plan anyone???

clc053103

DIS Veteran
Hello! We are trying to figure out if the wine plan is a good buy for us, and from reading the summary of what you get, we think no way, but I am wondering if we are reading it wrong? Figured I would post for a pro!!!

We are in a 2 BR Villa at BLT (which would translate to two rooms). There will be three adults (who like their wine!:)) SO, we would pay $40 per day per room (= $80), and get 2 bottles of wine per night at a TS restaurant? And at a signature dining, we would end up getting only 1? Is this correct?

I don't remember ordering bottles of wine over $35 all week last year- which I think makes us cheap dates, but also, would not make this cost effective for our group.

Any thoughts? Your advice is appreciated!

Somewhere on the Disney Dining pages there was a wine list for each location that showed what qualified for the wine plan. I printed that out for a few clients, but am at a loss to remember exactly what page in the dining section it's on.

I believe the 2BR unit would still count as one room in Disneyspeak for the wine plan, but verify that along with the adult room count for the plan so your "bottle count" is not off and you know exactly how many bottles you are entitled to.

Glad to see your post, just read about the wine plan. I wish it were GLASSES with meals each day, rather than a full bottle. Mom & I would really enjoy...

DH and I are debating using this for our December trip. We are planning to eat at several signature restaurants and are wondering if having several bottles of wine pre-paid will work for us. I know it sound overpriced and there is a huge markup on wine but we are still seriously considering it. Would love to hear from anyone that has used it.

I've looked in every thread about Wine Plan, as dh and I are wine drinkers -

we usually get a glass of wine with our special dinners - LeCellier, Cali Grill, - I've noticed that the wine pourers and the price of a glass of wine - is equal to the cost of the bottle - ie 4 glasses per bottle -

so now dh orders what he wants, and I order what I want, knowing we dont save anything buy purchasing a bottle.

we've also taken advantage of wine flights (Artist Point) to me that is the real bargain - trying the different wines paired with the meal...

in a cost analysis I dont think there is an incentive to use the wine and dine plan for us.

some have posted in reviews the wine list and prices - there is * with the wines on this plan -

also keep in mind that you can purchase wine in the food courts (Pop had little choice, but had wine!! I think $10 for a bottle) as well as in EPCOT - my favorite purchase is a bottle of Rosa Regale - it was $19 - or I think $10 for a glass - in that respect, its a bargain to buy the bottle, but you do have to wait to chill it, before drinking it!!

Thank you for the link to that brochure! I was under the impression that all signature restaurant wines were 2 entitlements, but it does not say that in the brochure! I need to find the reviews which list wine and prices to see if it would be more economical or not.

Any other input welcome!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter