Wine Flight from Boma

MickeyNicki

It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out a
Can you tell me what this is, was it good? I am just starting to taste wines...my palate is maturing and I am starting to be more daring in my old age :rotfl2: at 35!

Never was fond of wine before but maybe I was not ordering a yummy one? Should a newbie wine drinker try the wine flight?

ooh I lurve me some wine. Living in Monterey for 2 years spoiled me rotten though.

Couldn't tell you anything about Boma specifically, as I have never been, But California Adventure does a nice wine flight, selection changes weekly and if you do the Port tasting you got cheese too!

Me. personally,I would go for it. you could find yourself discovering a new style to like!

In Fact I am gonna do some research myself now for our trip in 9 days...heheheheh

Trying the wine flights is a great way to broaden your wine knowledge. The wine flights are not set, they depend on what you are ordering for food so you will get a wine specifically paired to each course.

Can you tell me what this is, was it good? I am just starting to taste wines...my palate is maturing and I am starting to be more daring in my old age :rotfl2: at 35!

Never was fond of wine before but maybe I was not ordering a yummy one? Should a newbie wine drinker try the wine flight?

I enjoyed the red wine flight @ Boma. They give you a "place mat" with a description of the wines and very generous servings of each type. If you enjoy a nice shiraz or cabernet, then go for it. If not, then I'd pass. They aren't going to be sweet, light wines.

My hubby loved the red wine flight. The pinotage went so well with the prime rib with mustard sauce.

I am not a wine drinker at all (so I really don't like red wine). In this case, I even liked the pinotage/prime rib with spicy sauce combo.

It may be best to start with a white wine flight. The wines should go well with the many salads and the fish dish.

The red wine flight at Boma is great!

if you do have a chance to try Jiko at AKL, the servers are very knowledgeable about wines and will also make recommendations. What's nice is that even though Jiko is pretty pricey, I've never felt that the servers are snobby about wine but instead are happy to answer questions. Between Jiko and Boma I've discovered several wonderful South African wines.

I really only liked the pinotage they had on the red wine flight in June. The others were okay but nothing special. The pinotage one though was to die for!

I didn't know that this is available at Boma! DH and I both love red wine, so maybe we will try it.
Can anyone tell me the price for the red wine flight?

I also did not realize the the wine flight was available at Boma. I would also like to know what the cost is, I just may have to order it. :goodvibes

Here it is....

IMG_2517.jpg

I am also curious about the price. Is it just a tasting, or enough of a pour of each wine to get you through the meal? I have not been to Boma since 10/06.:hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter