Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

We had a QR code for check in at Chicago. It was great. I scanned, was sent to a specific number table and my packet was already pulled and waiting for me in that 10 second walk. Easy peasy. No digging out ID or flipping through a binder to sign my name.

Welcome to modern times RunDisney 🤣
And Chicago has been doing it like that for years!!

Have you guys heard anything on the kids event? It is getting pretty close and even if it were cancelled you should have heard something. It is garbage communication to just let the customer try to deduce the news based on lack of information.

Event guide doesn’t make this clear. But if I want to max out my sleep potential. When does the last bus for runners load up typically? Or when is the latest time you can enter the corrals?

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my husband from GDT to the Boardwalk to cheer me on. Based on the transportation provided, it sounds like he'll have to go to the start and then take a bus to Epcot and then take a resort bus? The buses from the finish to the resorts don't start until 6am, so I'm afraid that would be cutting it close to get to the finish and transfer to another resort bus and still catch me as I go through that area.
He got out of cheering me on in 45 degree weather at the 10miler yesterday, and then I drove right from the race to grab the kids and transport them to baseball so he could play softball. He owes me some loud cheers. This is more than Sangria University, Wine Bar George Brunch and a private party at Epcot!!

I'm trying to figure out a way to get my husband from GDT to the Boardwalk to cheer me on. Based on the transportation provided, it sounds like he'll have to go to the start and then take a bus to Epcot and then take a resort bus? The buses from the finish to the resorts don't start until 6am, so I'm afraid that would be cutting it close to get to the finish and transfer to another resort bus and still catch me as I go through that area.

Looks like the Boardwalk is Mile 11.5 during the HM. The race starts at 5:00am and let's assume you're the very first person to start. Let's assume he gets on the first resort bus at 6:00am to Boardwalk, and assume it takes 15 min to get there. He would arrive at Boardwalk at 6:15am-ish. Assume 15 min walk from bus dropoff to Boardwalk race area. So as long as you run slower than a 7:50 min/mile as the first person, then he would likely make it there before you. What's your anticipated pace, and what was your POT/estimated time during registration (I could be more accurate with this data)?

Edit to add - The easiest solution is just to uber from his original destination straight to Boardwalk.

Looks like the Boardwalk is Mile 11.5 during the HM. The race starts at 5:00am and let's assume you're the very first person to start. Let's assume he gets on the first resort bus at 6:00am to Boardwalk, and assume it takes 15 min to get there. He would arrive at Boardwalk at 6:15am-ish. Assume 15 min walk from bus dropoff to Boardwalk race area. So as long as you run slower than a 7:50 min/mile as the first person, then he would likely make it there before you. What's your anticipated pace, and what was your POT/estimated time during registration (I could be more accurate with this data)?

Edit to add - The easiest solution is just to uber from his original destination straight to Boardwalk.

I was also going to suggest uber … but worth checking the road closure list..

Thank you! You have this amazing wealth of information…

He’d like to Uber, but I’m concerned about road closures.

Sadly, I was not in town for any 10ks before POT was due. I estimated 2:00 in my registration and I’m generally btwn 1:50-1:55. The 10miler I did yesterday on a hilly course put my estimated HM finish at 1:53.

He’d like to Uber, but I’m concerned about road closures.

Sadly, I was not in town for any 10ks before POT was due. I estimated 2:00 in my registration and I’m generally btwn 1:50-1:55. The 10miler I did yesterday on a hilly course put my estimated HM finish at 1:53.

Screen Shot 2021-10-18 at 7.50.33 PM.png

This image seems to indicate that there's a modified traffic pattern going east from GDT towards Boardwalk, but that the road is not closed. So presumably a plan A should be available to uber. Given that the route to the south of GDT looks closed, it makes sense that east has to be open. Otherwise GDT is completely on an island.

https://guide.rundisney.events/transportation/
*See Road Closures

But let's assume an uber wouldn't work. You'll likely start as one of the first non-POT runners. So about 5:08 am based on past history. At an 8:37 min/mile pace, you're estimated to arrive at Boardwalk at about 1:37 hrs later, or 6:45am. So it gives your husband about 15 min of wiggle room on the estimation from earlier. So it'll be close, but it's a reasonable strategy. But the uber is likely to be far less stressful.

Got a call from Disney yesterday and I got moved. Due to “enhancements” my reservation at POR was upgraded to Yacht club! I love Yacht Club and Epcot was the only park I was planning on visiting this race weekend. That back entrance will be super convenient for this trip And keep me off of several busses.
POR just opened this week, so I’m wondering if they are not quite staffed appropriately to accommodate what would likely be a full or close to full booking in less than 3 weeks. It works for me!

Got a call from Disney yesterday and I got moved. Due to “enhancements” my reservation at POR was upgraded to Yacht club! I love Yacht Club and Epcot was the only park I was planning on visiting this race weekend. That back entrance will be super convenient for this trip And keep me off of several busses.
POR just opened this week, so I’m wondering if they are not quite staffed appropriately to accommodate what would likely be a full or close to full booking in less than 3 weeks. It works for me!

That is my guess. I'm at POFQ for MW and if they need to move me to any of the Boardwalk area hotels I'll take it.

Last edited:
Is anyone having trouble linking their afterparty tickets in MDE? My ticket supposedly went through but I can't find it anywhere now in MDE.

Is anyone having trouble linking their afterparty tickets in MDE? My ticket supposedly went through but I can't find it anywhere now in MDE.

same here. And when I tried again to link it via the app, it said the ticket was already linked to another account 🙄

I tried to scan it on my phone and it wouldn't link, but when I typed in the ticket number on my computer it linked up just fine.:confused3

We're staying at POR and I'm now slightly jealous! (Even though I'm very happy to stay at POR!) What a sweet upgrade!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter