Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

Still deciding if my sister & I are going to coordinate as we had fun in 2019 doing “comfy princess” anna & elsa for the 10K or if I’m going to wear the queen of hearts costume I bought for last years 5K and wound up wearing running my virtual 10K or if I want to do something more niche like Desendents or Owl House or just do another princess as all my live 10ks this weekend I’ve ran as

I got my costume figured out for the HM! In keeping with the villain theme, I went with Hades. I found a tank top from SundayMorningActive and a Blue flame headband. I will wear my own shorts and sleeves if needed. And I bought new shoes! They are blue ghosts (my usual shoe) to bring some more color in and none of the pairs I currently own really went with the costume.

What has everyone else settled on?
For the 2020 marathon, I wanted something that was easy and comfortable. I went with an Under Armour Captain America compression shirt. UA discontinued these "alter ego" shirts several years ago and they were only for a few characters - some Marvel, some DC and a few Star Wars. I got my Cap shirt on eBay. But I also found you can get Asian knock off shirts for just about every other Marvel character on Amazon. It is not a very creative costume, and the shirts aren't as good a quality as UA, but they work, it is easy, and they are great to run in - especially for the longer races.

At this time, I am planning on Thanos for the 10K and the Winter Soldier for the half - both just Asian knock off tech shirts. For the 10K, I may also include an Infinity Gauntlet (basically a yellow glove on my left hand). For 5K I am still up in the air. I plan to do this race with my wife and we can definitely be more creative since it is only a 5K. We may do Loki and Sylvie or maybe something non Marvel. In general, Disney villain couples costumes seem to be harder than non villain Disney couples costumes.

Now I’m being anxious if this race will even happen ….
FL local about an hour away from wdw
An Aug 5k I’m running just announced medals will be given at bib pick up, no post race goodies, masks strongly recommend and bib pick up was moved to an outdoor venue

September race is monitoring the covid situation and if needed will stagger start, delay the race or go fully virtual

Someone pointed out wording for princess about runners being assigned one of four different arrival times for the race…. Any idea if it will be the same for the earlier races but was a more recent choice that will be retroactively added to the wine & dine/ marathon splash pages if not already done so and what it would mean for bussing from resorts (or do we think there will be no busses and runners will need to drive/uber/Lyft to the start)

Someone pointed out wording for princess about runners being assigned one of four different arrival times for the race…. Any idea if it will be the same for the earlier races but was a more recent choice that will be retroactively added to the wine & dine/ marathon splash pages if not already done so and what it would mean for bussing from resorts (or do we think there will be no busses and runners will need to drive/uber/Lyft to the start)
I can’t imagine why they’d discontinue buses, it’s not like Disney isn’t bussing people all around the resorts all the time anyway.

I can’t imagine why they’d discontinue buses, it’s not like Disney isn’t bussing people all around the resorts all the time anyway.
I’m just wondering logically with staggering arrival times unless everyone arrives at the staging area at the same time but you head to actual corals at a set time

It does say ‘groups’ in the POT sections of WD & MW sections now and not ‘corrals’. And it mentions, if the group ‘reaches capacity you will be placed in the next available group.’ I’m actually not sure if it said corrals previously, or if this wording is in reference to waves or something new. It doesn’t mentioned different starting times, though.

It does say ‘groups’ in the POT sections of WD & MW sections now and not ‘corrals’. And it mentions, if the group ‘reaches capacity you will be placed in the next available group.’ I’m actually not sure if it said corrals previously, or if this wording is in reference to waves or something new. It doesn’t mentioned different starting times, though.

Screenshot from June 30th

Mentions "groups" and not corrals in that area.

Side note - I will be watching all you in person runners (i'm doing this one virtual) to see how they handle the character interactions. PLEASE let us know how it works.

Well, if they’re doing “groups” and not “corrals”, how will they handle Club runDisney?

It probably denotes club membership on your RunDisney account
Sorry, I meant how will they handle CrD corral placement (they get placed ahead one corral). If Disney is replacing corrals with “groups”, not sure how that would work?

Any speculation about when registration for the after hours party will open? I have friends coming along who want to go to the AH party.

Sorry, I meant how will they handle CrD corral placement (they get placed ahead one corral). If Disney is replacing corrals with “groups”, not sure how that would work?

The speculative guess as to how runDisney would handle "four groups" during the 2022 Princess Weekend (the only to mention four specifically) instead of the corral system for a HM or longer distance:

Group 1 - All with POT
Group 2 - Club runDisney
Group 3 - First half of non-POT estimated pace/finish
Group 4 - Second half of non-POT estimated pace/finish

It's speculative as we don't know at this point what they mean by "four groups" or "designated arrival times". I had speculated prior based on the % of runners typically in corral cutoffs previously used, that we may see Corral A/B (now with the 2 hr cutoff) combined into a single corral. Something like POT, then Club runDisney, then Corral C through ... This mention of "Four groups" just seems to be a natural extension of that possibility.

Would you risk a flight that arrives at 3:40 pm on Thursday when signed up for the 5K on Friday? The other option is to arrive on Wednesday (same time/flight). The downside to Wednesday is an extra day out of school for the kids, the cost of an extra hotel night (thur flight is more expensive than wed but not as much as the extra hotel night), and we would have to change rooms on Thursday since there is no longer availability for the same room type as the rest of our resort reservation.

Would you risk a flight that arrives at 3:40 pm on Thursday when signed up for the 5K on Friday? The other option is to arrive on Wednesday (same time/flight). The downside to Wednesday is an extra day out of school for the kids, the cost of an extra hotel night (thur flight is more expensive than wed but not as much as the extra hotel night), and we would have to change rooms on Thursday since there is no longer availability for the same room type as the rest of our resort reservation.

I would not risk it, especially with the way flights are getting cancelled and moved around with little to no notice these days. I would 100% recommend coming in Wednesday so that you don’t have to worry about it.

I would not risk it, especially with the way flights are getting cancelled and moved around with little to no notice these days. I would 100% recommend coming in Wednesday so that you don’t have to worry about it.
This. All of this. Flight schedules are loose interpretations right now.

Good point, I didn't really think through the potential for a late flight. Missing the expo is more of an inconvenience than transferring rooms. Now that there won't be race day pick-up are you just out of luck if you miss the expo?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter