Wine & Dine 1/2 marathon weekend 2021

My point is that Wine & Dine gives them an opportunity to do a "dress rehearsal" for a Marathon Weekend and be sure they have all the logistics worked out after having been on hiatus for over a year. It would seem prudent for them to want to do a smaller event before jumping into the signature, week-long event with 4 races, and a couple of kids races. (Walk, then run :-))

A couple folks have mentioned booking rooms for W&D 2021 just in case. Do we know what the dates of the race will be, if it does happen? I like the idea of booking something now.....if for no other reason that I like the optimistic feeling of having something on the books.

well, considering that they are holding Remy until Oct.1 when it's clearly ready to go, I'm losing some confidence in races returning soon. Just ran a half this past weekend to get a POT in the bag too.

well, considering that they are holding Remy until Oct.1 when it's clearly ready to go, I'm losing some confidence in races returning soon. Just ran a half this past weekend to get a POT in the bag too.
But they aren't doing fastpasses right now. And maybe they don't want to deal with "boarding groups" in Epcot. I can only imagine the line of (not) socially distanced people mobbing the France pavillion during spring break. Maybe disney is waiting to make sure the majority of their customers have had a chance to get vaccinated so they don't have to try to crowd-control the queue for spacing. Maybe it's secretly a GOOD sign that they're willing to open what should be an extremely popular ride in October, with all the hoards of people it will bring....?

A couple folks have mentioned booking rooms for W&D 2021 just in case. Do we know what the dates of the race will be, if it does happen? I like the idea of booking something now.....if for no other reason that I like the optimistic feeling of having something on the books.

We booked rooms 11/3-11/8, figuring races are 11/5-11/7

But they aren't doing fastpasses right now. And maybe they don't want to deal with "boarding groups" in Epcot. I can only imagine the line of (not) socially distanced people mobbing the France pavillion during spring break. Maybe disney is waiting to make sure the majority of their customers have had a chance to get vaccinated so they don't have to try to crowd-control the queue for spacing. Maybe it's secretly a GOOD sign that they're willing to open what should be an extremely popular ride in October, with all the hoards of people it will bring....?
🤞

Congrats on getting the POT!!!

Feeling much more confident about this now. The vaccine situation is much better, and several events are now scheduled for the fall. I’m glad I got a great rate at the Swan Reserve 😀

Makes perfect sense to hold Remy. It’s more than just the ride, there’s the additional restaurant. And they probably want to time things with the 50th (notice how the Halcyon date hasn’t been announced yet).

Feeling much more confident about this now. The vaccine situation is much better, and several events are now scheduled for the fall. I’m glad I got a great rate at the Swan Reserve 😀

I'm hoping. I have to burn off BCV points before end of February, so I grabbed a 1br from Friday to Wednesday of the likely weekend.

Even if there's no race, my wife and I will probably go anyway.

Is the W&D race page showing everything virtual and sold out already a place holder? I hadn't noticed registration opening. Thanks!

I wonder if they will open it to US residents only and if you will need Proof Of Vaccination to go with your POT. :)
How could they verify POV as easily as they verify POT? And they are going to have to do that for volunteers as well or water stops will not be a thing.

When the Paris races fell off of the calendar it made me not massively hopeful for the Wine & Dine.
I can see the 2022 Marathon weekend runs possibly being the first in-park events.

Couple of ways to verify POV. They could ask you to submit a copy of your vaccination card (that, along with a signed waiver covers them legally). If the US ever gets their act together, they could ask you for a digital token of some form (vaccine passport). They could just ask them to sign a statement acknowledging they have received a covid vaccination without supplying any supporting documentation.

I also just read that they’re looking at starting HarmonioUS and other nighttime shows on October first. That would seem to be more hopeful news for a Wine and Dine. At nighttime shows you have crowds of people in closer contact and STATIONARY for at least 1/2 hour. Races are pretty different.

I wonder if they will open it to US residents only and if you will need Proof Of Vaccination to go with your POT. :)
How could they verify POV as easily as they verify POT? And they are going to have to do that for volunteers as well or water stops will not be a thing.

When the Paris races fell off of the calendar it made me not massively hopeful for the Wine & Dine.
I can see the 2022 Marathon weekend runs possibly being the first in-park events.

WHat ATC is saying is that if they require proof of vaccination or negaative test for PTRR they are going to do it at the expo. You'll have to submit POV to pick up your bib and if you don't have vaccination they will offer the rapid tests at the expo at no charge.

The question of whether or not they hold any of these races in the near future really boils down to if they try to meet or pull demand to resorts or parks or if they go for higher margin while curtailing demand. These races, just the actual races don’t even register as a rounding error to them as far as finances yet pose logistical headaches in the best of times. January seems like a chance, I’d say the ship has sailed on fall BUT would love to be wrong!

WHat ATC is saying is that if they require proof of vaccination or negaative test for PTRR they are going to do it at the expo. You'll have to submit POV to pick up your bib and if you don't have vaccination they will offer the rapid tests at the expo at no charge.

None of the quick tests is very reliable. Your entire stay could be wrecked by a false positive. Lots of other guests could have their stay wrecked by one false negative.
I guess, as they are a private company, they could insist on a POV or you don't get entry at all. If you don't have it at the expo you're out, no bib.

Huffing and puffing around an open park with other guests may still be a bit too edgy for Disney even if you do have a POV.
The tail end of the half will be running around DHS and Epcot when they are open to guests, not to mention the Boardwalk area.
Run in a mask, socially distanced? It works for small local races but I can't see it working at a RunDisney event.
I can't see the races going ahead until there are herd immunity levels of vaccinations in both runners and park goers. (Forecast Aug-Sep 2021 for the USA)
Once the herd immunity levels are confirmed they may be able to plan/organise the event but the timing is quite tight between Sep and Nov. It's easier to make it virtual sooner and get medals and shirts made and shipped.

I am preparing for the 2021 Wine and Dine to be a virtual race series again.

By May, vaccines will be readily available. I don’t think you’re going to be running socially distanced. You may be asked to submit a POV or sign a waiver stating you’re vaccinated. Consider that, since the beginning of the year, 14% of the population had been fully vaccinated and that curve is ramping up. It’s very likely that, by late summer, we should have anywhere from 60% to 70% of the population vaccinated. (Remember the curve ramps even faster with the introduction of the single dose vaccines.) And it’s looking very promising for immunization of children and infants.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter