Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend (Oct. 31-Nov. 3, 2024)

Charity suggestions? I was gonna look into gktw since I donate to them annually anyway however there link on the wine & dine page is a dead one…

Charity suggestions? I was gonna look into gktw since I donate to them annually anyway however there link on the wine & dine page is a dead one…
I'm sure they will be participating again. I did three race weekends with them over the past year and they are amazing to work with. I'm going to email my contact there to see what's up.

Haha I’m the opposite of a lot of folks. Saw the Swedish Chef and knew I’d be saving money. I have 0 interest in the 5k now.

However…. Tiana and Remy? I want the challenge. So much for half only.

How does the after party work? Anyone who registers for the half or challenge gets automatic entry? Do I have to do anything?

Haha I’m the opposite of a lot of folks. Saw the Swedish Chef and knew I’d be saving money. I have 0 interest in the 5k now.

How does the after party work? Anyone who registers for the half or challenge gets automatic entry? Do I have to do anything?
I’ve only ever did 5 & 10ks so idk know from personal experience just observation but you should be sent a ticket closer to the event (or you get it at expo) then it’s like a typical party event where you can mix into epcot at a certain time then at park close special characters/merch/entertainment will be available

If you run the half or challenge, you’ll get automatic entry to the “party.” Temper your expectations. The last couple of years have been pretty bad, with few attractions open and very long lines. I remember 2019 having lots of entertainment (mariachi band, etc), characters, and a genuine feeling of a celebration. 2011 was great because it was a night race that ended in Epcot, so the party started once you crossed the finish line and they handed you a free beer. 2023 was very dark, empty feeling, while also extremely crowded in the few areas open.

You just automatically get the ticket and then you can show up to Epcot at 5pm and do stuff until the party starts at 10

Swedish chef! That looks awesome. Bummed I can’t do this weekend. My kids are still at an age where Halloween is very important to them so there’s just no way. Oh well…

A Muppets 5K?!! Take all of my money. I'm really hoping for all three races now. I will grab a charity bib if I can't get the 5K. I MUST have that medal.
The merch alone is going to bankrupt me 😄😄

YEP! EXACTLY THIS!!!

We aren't even doing a fall trip this year, giving up after 22+ years of Food & Wine festival. We finally decided it was just getting too dumbed down without the dinners and extra events. And now they go and do THIS. So yes, I am looking at DVC options and flights to make a trip for just a 5K!! Damn you rD!

My wife and I are planning to be at WDW in mid-October for our 13th anniversary. I'm tempted to suggest we adjust dates to do this race, but she already feels like a running widow sometimes, and I'd like to make it to my 14th anniversary...

From what I understand, the runDisney contact person at GKTW has been a bit of a revolving door recently. The generic run@gktw.org email address appears to be the best way to contact someone.

YEP! EXACTLY THIS!!!

We aren't even doing a fall trip this year, giving up after 22+ years of Food & Wine festival. We finally decided it was just getting too dumbed down without the dinners and extra events. And now they go and do THIS. So yes, I am looking at DVC options and flights to make a trip for just a 5K!! Damn you rD!
My running group (we're from all over the country) is doing this weekend so I was planning on going regardless, but a Muppets 5K is just the icing on the cake at this point.
The prices. OMG the prices. I think I really am on the cusp of being priced out of rD at this point. For sure, I’ll have to be a lot more picky-choosy from here on out. I was going to try sticking to shorter distances, but I don’t think I can rationalize a $115 5K, even for Swedish Chef!
At least these are a bit cheaper than the Disneyland Halloween weekend prices. The challenge there was $440 and the 5K was $120.

I'm not seeing any mention of PP being included in this, so it's a safe assumption that pics being included in the registration will be a DL *only* thing, right?

Timeframe for POT races is January 1, 2022-May 1, 2024, just so everyone can start planning their spring schedule
Where did you see the 1/1/2022 start date? I totally believe you, just want to confirm with my own eyes and I'm having trouble finding that part!

Edit: I found it, I was looking in the wrong spot! :hyper:

MAYBE by 2026 I'll get a chance to do a W&D weekend. These themes look super cute.

And confirmed 2:30 POT? UUUUUGH. Gonna have to train with a purpose instead of to just finish.
Yup, confirmed 2:30 POT, and cutoff to submit the time is May 1st. I'm not sure how much earlier than last year that is though?
Fantastic themes! If they go back to the half course that goes through Pandora, the Studios, and finishes under Spaceship Earth, then this will be a true return to form.
That would be amazing, but I doubt they'll do that. They've settled into having all the races start at the Epcot parking lot, and distance wise, I doubt they'd be able to go to AK and back to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter