Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2022 (Nov. 3-6, 2022)

Wait Boyz II Men is going to be at the after party?!? I was planning on doing a dinner package to see them that weekend. Look at me, saving money by spending hundreds on race bibs!!!
ETA: Nevermind, just watched the video and saw that it's just the normal Eat to the Beat show. Guess I'm still buying the package

Wait Boyz II Men is going to be at the after party?!? I was planning on doing a dinner package to see them that weekend. Look at me, saving money by spending hundreds on race bibs!!!
ETA: Nevermind, just watched the video and saw that it's just the normal Eat to the Beat show. Guess I'm still buying the package
That was my first thought too “they’re gonna do a special show just for us??” 😆😆

I don't usually share comments about my actual training bc its fairly uneventful. Especially this year coming off of not running much at all during the entire pandemic and doing months of PT for plantar fasciitis (and some mystery back injury). I'd started the 10k training plan on the runDisney site and had been pretty hit or miss so far with all of it. Then we went on vacation and I didn't run at all those 2 weeks or the week we got home. Anyway, I was feeling super stressed after a rough day yesterday so I got out of the house to run until I no longer wanted to cry or scream. Doing the walk/ run intervals and was on Mile 3 and the sky just opened up! Like it DOWNPOURED almost out of nowhere. I was still a mile from home with my phone and my earpods getting soaked. So I decided to just turn up the music and book it home. I ran at a glorious pace (already warmed up from 3 miles or walk/run) all the way home just screaming like a lunatic into the rainstorm. It was like a scene from a movie and it felt AMAZING. I think it flipped a switch or something. Woke up my spirit. I got home 100% drenched, but all electronics still functioning. I could tell my left foot and knee were NOT happy with me so I treated them to some ice while I finished a book. And although I feel a bit like I got run over by a truck this morning....its all the right kind of soreness. Not the injury kind. Just the right level of stiff, sore muscles that remind you that you're alive and kicking and ran your heart out. Anyway, thought I'd share than with anyone else that loves these events but has been feeling a little complacent about training. It was the wettest, wildest Magical Mile I've ran in a long time!

You can get in at 5pm for the party. That means you can catch both of their sets before the park closes to the rest of the guests.

You can get in at 5pm for the party. That means you can catch both of their sets before the park closes to the rest of the guests.
Yeh once I watched the video I realized what it meant. But the post that just listed things got me excited that they were going to have a concert just for the party. So in that case I will happily do the package for guaranteed seating. I have an AP and park reservations already.

I don't usually share comments about my actual training bc its fairly uneventful. Especially this year coming off of not running much at all during the entire pandemic and doing months of PT for plantar fasciitis (and some mystery back injury). I'd started the 10k training plan on the runDisney site and had been pretty hit or miss so far with all of it. Then we went on vacation and I didn't run at all those 2 weeks or the week we got home. Anyway, I was feeling super stressed after a rough day yesterday so I got out of the house to run until I no longer wanted to cry or scream. Doing the walk/ run intervals and was on Mile 3 and the sky just opened up! Like it DOWNPOURED almost out of nowhere. I was still a mile from home with my phone and my earpods getting soaked. So I decided to just turn up the music and book it home. I ran at a glorious pace (already warmed up from 3 miles or walk/run) all the way home just screaming like a lunatic into the rainstorm. It was like a scene from a movie and it felt AMAZING. I think it flipped a switch or something. Woke up my spirit. I got home 100% drenched, but all electronics still functioning. I could tell my left foot and knee were NOT happy with me so I treated them to some ice while I finished a book. And although I feel a bit like I got run over by a truck this morning....its all the right kind of soreness. Not the injury kind. Just the right level of stiff, sore muscles that remind you that you're alive and kicking and ran your heart out. Anyway, thought I'd share than with anyone else that loves these events but has been feeling a little complacent about training. It was the wettest, wildest Magical Mile I've ran in a long time!
Agree completely...running during a warm/cool rainstorm is glorious! Almost like a scene from Caddyshack.

Unfortunately I also have to run during windy, freezing drizzles occasionally which is not as glorious.

Being caught in a downpour while out on a run is one of the rights of passage. Add it to falling, getting "slow down" yelled at you, having a dog chase you, and getting lost at least once on a run.

Being caught in a downpour while out on a run is one of the rights of passage. Add it to falling, getting "slow down" yelled at you, having a dog chase you, and getting lost at least once on a run.
Well, I have checked all of these off except for having “slow down” yelled at me. Guess I have to get faster!

So the hours have been updated at DHS and other parks for this race weekend. All parks now opening at 9am. Assuming they start letting guests on rides at 8:30, and the balloon ladies start their 16 minute pace at approximately 6 am, that seems like a tight window to pull off the TOT. Epcot rides more feasible if you’re making good time.

Sorry to just jump in here because I’m sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times already and I just can’t seem to find the info but we’ve never been to WDW this time of year before and just discovered that the races are happening whilst we’re there and may impact us in some way.

We’re planning on going to The Contemporary/ MK on 4th Nov, Boardwalk/Epcot on 5th Nov and then Topolino’s for breakfast/DHS on 6th Nov so how will the race and road closures etc effect us? I’m just wondering if we need to change anything around since we’ll be using a hire car and are staying offsite so I don’t want us to have any issues parking at Epcot or getting into the parks or where we need to be for breakfast reservations on time because of the races. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and good luck to everyone taking part!

Sorry to just jump in here because I’m sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times already and I just can’t seem to find the info but we’ve never been to WDW this time of year before and just discovered that the races are happening whilst we’re there and may impact us in some way.

We’re planning on going to The Contemporary/ MK on 4th Nov, Boardwalk/Epcot on 5th Nov and then Topolino’s for breakfast/DHS on 6th Nov so how will the race and road closures etc effect us? I’m just wondering if we need to change anything around since we’ll be using a hire car and are staying offsite so I don’t want us to have any issues parking at Epcot or getting into the parks or where we need to be for breakfast reservations on time because of the races. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated and good luck to everyone taking part!
4th the 5k is contained to Epcot area so won’t impact heading toward magic kingdom
5th is the 10k idk what time park opens but we were back at French quarter having a treat at scat cats by 845 and we started first mini wave of the last start group
6th I don’t know the half course off hand just that historically it starts at TTC and ends in Epcot you can Google search last years map or stalk this thread closer to race weekend when courses release

Disney will publish a road closure map as part of the event guide. It is not currently available. (The link is basically https://guide.rundisney.events/ but right now it still shows Princess 22)

So assuming similar courses (which is likely with minor tweaks) Friday is the 5k and it is self-contained in Epcot. You should have no issues driving to Contemporary or MK Parking.

Saturday is the 10k. If they use the same course as last year, it goes from MK parking lot to Epcot. If you are going to drive to Epcot, you should be okay if you come in Epcot Center Drive from World Center Drive or from Buena Vista/Disney Springs side. If you're coming from the west/Western Way side, you will need to avoid some stuff on Buena Vista near Studios/Boardwalk.

Sunday is the half, which last year also went from MK to Epcot, and the course stayed pretty much west of World Drive. If you Drive to HS, you will have no issue, since you enter HS parking from Osceola.

Here's a link to a site with last year's maps so you can see. Of course, the courses are not finalized til about a month or so from the event.
https://noguiltdisney.com/rundisney-wine-and-dine-2021-course-maps-event-guide-corrals-and-more/

Disney will publish a road closure map as part of the event guide. It is not currently available. (The link is basically https://guide.rundisney.events/ but right now it still shows Princess 22)

So assuming similar courses (which is likely with minor tweaks) Friday is the 5k and it is self-contained in Epcot. You should have no issues driving to Contemporary or MK Parking.

Saturday is the 10k. If they use the same course as last year, it goes from MK parking lot to Epcot. If you are going to drive to Epcot, you should be okay if you come in Epcot Center Drive from World Center Drive or from Buena Vista/Disney Springs side. If you're coming from the west/Western Way side, you will need to avoid some stuff on Buena Vista near Studios/Boardwalk.

Sunday is the half, which last year also went from MK to Epcot, and the course stayed pretty much west of World Drive. If you Drive to HS, you will have no issue, since you enter HS parking from Osceola.

Here's a link to a site with last year's maps so you can see. Of course, the courses are not finalized til about a month or so from the event.
https://noguiltdisney.com/rundisney-wine-and-dine-2021-course-maps-event-guide-corrals-and-more/
Thank you so much for such a comprehensive wealth of knowledge there! I really appreciate your help on this one and for listing the other viable routes in. I’ll definitely be bookmarking those links and keeping an eye on things so thank you for your assistance once again!

Talk to me Eat To the Beat. I haven't done this before. We aren't doing parks on 11/6, just the after party. DH is a huge Boyz II Men fan! I just booked a ETTB res at Le Cellier at 5:20pm. Is that typically the latest time I can get? How long is the show? We're focused on rides and not as much on the character pics, so I was planning to get to the party later for shorter lines (hopefully) but this sounds too fun to pass up. Any other tips or things I should know? Staying at Yacht Club that night and lounging by SAB during the day after the half, before the party. Plan to walk over to Le Cellier right around 5pm.

After party question: The calendar shows Epcot closing at 9pm on 11/6. Does that mean the "party" runs from 9pm-1am? Like we can't get on GOTG with no ILL or VQ until after 9pm? (and I assume you need a separate park ticket to try to book ILL/VQ before 9pm?) And are characters only out after 9pm? (And the signature drink?? :P)

After party question: The calendar shows Epcot closing at 9pm on 11/6. Does that mean the "party" runs from 9pm-1am? Like we can't get on GOTG with no ILL or VQ until after 9pm? (and I assume you need a separate park ticket to try to book ILL/VQ before 9pm?) And are characters only out after 9pm? (And the signature drink?? :P)

Last year, the event ran from 9:30-12:30, with early entry at 5pm. So you can get in and ride then as standby, but I have no clue on ILL/VQ

Last year, the event ran from 9:30-12:30, with early entry at 5pm. So you can get in and ride then as standby, but I have no clue on ILL/VQ
That makes sense... on the GotG question, I think @XoxoAmy is correct, we'll be able to make the Standby line at 9pm, once our after-party wristbands are checked.

That makes sense... on the GotG question, I think @XoxoAmy is correct, we'll be able to make the Standby line at 9pm, once our after-party wristbands are checked.
I reeeeeaaaally hope the majority of party-goers are super into the character pics, because my family just wants to ride GOTG (this will be our only Epcot visit on our trip, so this will be our only shot... hoping the lines are not 3 hrs long...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter